• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are these cards fake or miscut?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Hello All,

I purchased a charziard and venusaur off e-bay recently and I have some suspicion they may be fake. I've gone through the guides, but I wanted to get other opinions as well.

I believe they are fake because the yellow borders are uneven on both cards (more so charizard)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. (may have to copy the link into browser)

flickr.com/photos/36030441@N07/11702719355/

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    They look completely legit to me. Venusaur looks fine, Charizard looks like a miscut. I don't really see any signs of being fake cards here. Do they seem more flimsy than the average card? Do they seem to bend easier? Don't bend them of course, just give it some tension to make sure they're real. At that point, its the best way to tell. IMHO, if these are duped, someone did a damn good job.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    They look completely legit to me. Venusaur looks fine, Charizard looks like a miscut. I don't really see any signs of being fake cards here. Do they seem more flimsy than the average card? Do they seem to bend easier? Don't bend them of course, just give it some tension to make sure they're real. At that point, its the best way to tell. IMHO, if these are duped, someone did a damn good job.

They don't bend easily. They seem pretty strong and are similar to the other cards I have.

The color for charizard seemed a bit off (the pokemon power text color) but it must be because it's Beene played a bit. Would the value change at all?

Last edited:
    Back