• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are these cards fake??

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Hi,

Found my old collection today and found these two cards in there.

Just wondering if they are fake or not.

The picture is a bit blurry.

View attachment 65134

They both have a green brick wall around the edge and they are a bit smaller than the original Pokemon cards.

Any help?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    You'll know more about how to identify fake cards here: *url snipped due to global forum rules against linking to other forums even if they are a resource*

And you say they are a bit smaller than the original cards? Chances are they are fake. And the border around it as well looks a little odd if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Just read through the link you gave and figured out they are fake.

Thanks for the help.

Years
  • You'll know more about how to identify fake cards here: *url snipped because of global rules for the forum*

And you say they are a bit smaller than the original cards? Chances are they are fake. And the border around it as well looks a little odd if you ask me.

Sorry, but technically links to other forums, even if they are resources, are not permitted. It's a global forum rule.

The border looks more than a little odd. It should be one of the biggest giveaways that it's a fake, other than the ridiculous HPs and the bloated, "flat" looking energy symbols.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
  • The border looks more than a little odd. It should be one of the biggest giveaways that it's a fake, other than the ridiculous HPs and the bloated, "flat" looking energy symbols.

And the fact that Nidorina has a blue card background and Bellsprout has a red one. Those were the first things I noticed.

Back