• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are Unova Pokemon a Bit Weak?

Are Unova Pokemon a Bit Weak?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2021
    Whenever I play a Pokemon game, my main party leader is usually about 10 levels higher than the rest of my party, and about 12 more than the wild pokemon and trainers, so to me, they all seem weak, but i also exploit type advantages too, so I'd say the pokemon are as strong as any other, but I just don't notice them.

What do you mean by 'When you use Reshiram/Zekrom they die easier than other legendaries'?

TY

For example: Hydreigon, Haxorus, Chandelure, Kyurem, Volcarona, Krookodile, Zoroark and Samurott

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Not all of them are weak
    For example: Hydreigon, Haxorus, Chandelure, Kyurem, Volcarona, Krookodile, Zoroark and Samurott

I agree with ShadowExcadrill, I do not thing they are weak at all. They are just like any other regions. Some are "not so good." Some are strong and some are in the middle ^_^

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • There are plenty of tough Unova Pokemon, it also depends on how you use them, Reshiram and Zekrom are very powerful as well, I don't know how yours are fainting (thats what I'm assuming since you asked the question) easily. They both have base stat total 600+ like all other Legends.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with cazzler. How weak/strong your Pokemon are depend on how often you train them, the moves you give them and their stats.

From a competitive perspective, some Unova Pokemon are underwhelming competitively like Lilligant, Klinklang and Beartic. However, there are some very good Unova Pokemon such as Excadrill, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Ferrothorn, Archeops, Darmanitan and Chandelure

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Whether Pokemon are weak in general or not is pretty much set in stone; if a Pokemon has attacks not suited to how its stats are set out (lots of physical attacks on a Pokemon with a high stat for sPA, well...) or has a lot of type weaknesses, then generally that Pokemon is weak.

However, a discussion on whether you think they're weak doesn't really fit here because:
    1. Most of the time, it relates to their base stats - if they have bad stats, then they're likely to be weak & if they have good stats, then you're probably not training them correctly.
    2. We have a thread discussing the hardest to train (where people have mentioned if certain Pokemon are weak overall aka why they suck to train) here.
    3. Reshiram and Zekrom have three type weaknesses whereas Dialga/Palkia, last gen's mascots both have no more than two, so that's probably one of the reasons why they die easier.
    4. A discussion on what is weak in gen 5 metagame & how to improve them (use their good points to their advantage!) both in-game and competitively would fit into CBC's DCC.

Also, I'm going to mention that as far as in-game goes, as long as you grind your Pokemon a lot, then whether they're weak statistically or not doesn't really matter. If your Reshiram/Zekrom are weak, then they've probably got the wrong natures or have low levels, aka grinding would be needed. If you're using them competitively, maybe check out some guides Smogon have written on how to use them effectively? Either way, since this is mostly covered...
    Are Unova Pokemon a Bit Weak?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back