• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you addicted to your HG/SS game?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    man I dont even have it yet and I find myself listening to the freakin soundtrack all weekend long. Ahh blind love, I think I found my soul mate xDDD

So are you guys addicted to your HG/SS game?

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    Lol well can't say I'm super addictive to it; but I am very much looking forward to getting it. I haven't got it myself yet actually xD but since you mentioned the soundtrack of it...>>; I may have to go take a listen myself! xD

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
    I am so sick of it actually, because I did a crude translation for my friends when it was first released in Japan. It was fun, but I can't see myself returning to the game until it comes out in America, because I slaved over it so much already XD.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I was until after I got the last badge. Now it's just level up to try to get Ho-oh so I can fight the Elite 4. I hate grinding. XD

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I'm with yaminokaitou, I played it everyday when I first got it then I beat the E4 and all 16 gyms and the rest of the time I've just been working on a new team on my Pearl version, which I'm almost finished with. Once I get the team completed I will get addicted again.

Years
    I don't think I've had the game that long, but my playtime is well over 100 hours (somewhere around 112 I think)
    I'd say I'm pretty addicted.

Years
    Yeah, I'm pretty addicted.. But things are starting to slow down now. I feel like beating Red will mean that I've got nothing left to do, so I'm mostly just procrastinating and doing a lot of training and other sidequests.

I'm pretty sure that I'm getting Platinum for Christmas, so that means raising an entirely new team. Oh the fun :)

hectord25

It's so Dark here
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    No,the remake is awesona,but just when you finish the epic history,the game turns boring...
    But the thing that never will bore me is the new music of Kanto.

Years
    I stopped worrying about the game when I couldn't catch Latios. I'll get back to it when it rearrives here in America.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    No,the remake is awesona,but just when you finish the epic history,the game turns boring...
    But the thing that never will bore me is the new music of Kanto.
    The music alone is enough to entertain me. I love the music soo much.

I am addicted to the music. And I am waiting for the game to come out in the US first, soo... MUSIC TIME! :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    To the ROM at first, back in September. No, I'm not. I'm just patiently waiting for the American release of HG/SS. Three more months people. :D

Years
    Not anymore. I've played it constantly until I beat Red and haven't really touched it at all since. I'll probably play them again when I get my hands on the American version.

Gov. Marley

Wakes the Thought Police
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2010
    I go in spurts. A few days, I'll want to do nothing else, then I'll put it down for a while, and later I pick it back up again.
    But when I do get addicted, I get addicted.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Unfortunately I'm not addicted to it...
    I finished both Hg/Ss...
    I was expecting more from these games...
    I'm addicted more to my Platinum and Emerald...

CHeSHiRe-CaT

A Curious Breed
    Years
    I haven't clocked in as many hours of gameplay as some of the people here (classes keep me busier than Pokémon ;__; ), but I've been playing since October and just reached Blackthorn City. I think spreading my gameplay addiction out over a long period of time has actually enhanced the experience for me.

I love this game. I go on HeartGold binges only every few days to prolong the awesomeness of the graphics, music, Pokémon, and team-building. x3

Back