• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Pineapi

Must. Have. Cute. Pokemon.
    Years
    Lol, yeah, a little bit embarrassed. I can't help it though, cute tiny little characters, it's irresistible. ;) I just get hooked on the games and don't care. I mean, there are coo-coo's who spend their lives on WOW which I think is stupid, so anyone is more than welcome to think my enjoyment for Pokemon is dumb.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU LIKE POKEMON, OR THEY SAY ITS BABYISH?
    FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!
    Kudos dude... I dont really care if people know that i like pokemon... i know deep down in these people, they also do but they are the who are embarassed...
    ps: whats with the capital letters??? are ya shouting/ lettin out your anger??

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    I agree with that. Pokemon is nothing to be ashamed of. Pokemon is not just for kids. Adults can even learn Dog or Chicken fighting.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
    WOW LOOK AT ME CAPS LOCK MAKES ME LOOK KOOL

But seriously, I couldn't care less about what people think about me. Whenever I get something like "Pokemon is for kids", I always reply with "At least it's more mature than you are, so back off."
    What's so childish about Pokemon anyway? Just that many kids enjoy it? So if many kids started to enjoy adult movies, would those movies become 'childish' too?

I don't get the logic behind it.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Not really, the few people I converse with in real life already know, and don't care. If I'm looking at Pokemon manga or something at a store, I'll occasionally get stares, but I don't pay them much attention. My family used to poke fun at me about it, but then again they think all anime should be scalped off the planet, so it's not much different XD;

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    No, i talk about pokemon to my friends; i have had a fifteen minute talk about breeding bagon(speciality), then a 45 min talk about what a bagon was....

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
    Well I have been bashed a few times in my life, but most of them were just jokes. I find it strange that a lot of people are afraid of other guys finding out. I have brought my ds to school before, and people don't seem to care what I'm playing as long as I don't start ranting about it (which I don't of course xD). By doing this I have found a lot of other Pokemon players at school. Actually I got the "worst" when I was in Junior High, but even then it was not that bad. Maybe it is because I'm not the type of person who hides his likings, or maybe because bullies are not that bad on Mexico...

riskbreakers

Bang!
    Years
    I don't care what they think, Pokemon is for more intelligent life forms, if they pick on you about it, that just means that they're dumb :)

Tallulah

Paistinpannu!
    Years
    Hehe I'm not embarrassed about pokemon. Most of my friends like it as much as I do so there's no need to be. There's a few people who've been stupid at me about it but I ignore them (apart from my granny, she's hard to ignore)

Years
    I have a Pika-Pencil. Some people know about it, some don't. The ones that do know don't make any Taunts or anything. Most of them accuse me of stealing it from another kid. I did, but they have no right to make that assumption. It was my love for Pokémon that made me steal it.

:t152:

DCFC_Woody

Shinny Hunter
    Years
    Yea Im embarssed...

I pretty popular at school so its not worth tellin people about me playing pokemon, They'll just take the piss

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
    sorry didnt mean to double post my computer froze up=[

I dont care...growing up in brooklyn (not saying where you live matters much) EVERYONE always has a problem with SOMETHING your doing...idkk i just dont see it like something you should be embarassed about i mean..id rather have some of my childhood still in me and play pokemon then be a person wit the personality of an old hag at the age of 16 you feel me? the way my parents, girlfriend and friends see it..theyd rather me play pokemon then be doing the stuff i used to do. i just personally find it hilarous when people make fun of me in school and on my block n stuff cuz i play pokemon...meanwhile i look at them like what are you doing in ur life thats so special? ohhhh yeahh great ur 16 and been in juvenile hall 5 times been in rikers island 3...your really saying alot about yourself..ohh u just got into a gang fight cuz u think ur tough and u got stabbed/shot/etc so you think your invincible...LOL thats all i can do is laugh at people like that because honestly..id rather be staying outta trouble ENJOYING my life and stuff then be locked up or constantly watching my back cuz some kids gonna come by and kill me because of the colors i wear..maan yeahh it gets boring sometimes staying outta trouble but its the mature thing to do...your ALLOWED to have a boring day or two in your life once in awhile get over it... its life.. so nah im not ashamed i actually say it whenever i want to, to whoever i want because its just who i am and everyone has their own thing.

if anyone has anything to say otherwise you can PM me or send me a message on myspace www.myspace.com/bkzasazin

sorry i just dont see the shame in liking a game or tv show..its your thing.. let you do you and let others worry about themselves.

Yea Im embarssed...

I pretty popular at school so its not worth tellin people about me playing pokemon, They'll just take the piss

~dude...if your popularity is what your afraid of losing..no offensce...when highschool is over so is your popularity.. i dont mean to flame you or anything but if thats the reason for your embarassment then it seems to me your just one of the people who go with the tide instead of being yourself..trust me..its not worth the time worrying about what ridicule other people give you cuz its your own thing..and if your friends wont like you cuz of a game you play then they werent even your friends to begin with in the first place.

Last edited:

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
    Maybe if I paid attention to what other people said or thought I might actually have heard some insults and snickers directed at me. *shrugs* But such as it is I don't so there you have it. Pokemon is my thing and has been for quite some time for now. If people don't like it they can go elsewhere, it's sure as heck not going to impede my playing.

Last edited:

Kuri

Lord Mcfatty
    Years
    I'm a junior. I'm in high school. I'm 16 and everyone knows me because of my nationality, sexuality, or my loud noises in class.

Hahaha honestly, I'm well known around school. Eveyone knows me for somehting. I play pokemon right in front of their faces and go into pokemon forums in the library. Ooop that's what i'm doing right now.

I honestly don't care about my "reputation". My reputation shouldn't be based on me playing pokemon but on my personality and what I bring to the table.

I mean come on...I ANNOUNCED to my japanese class that I caught all 493 pokemon. I told my girlfriend the second I finish evolving my last pokemon. She thinks i'm a loser, but in a cute way. =D not to mention, I'm totally going to toys r us for the darkrai event before prom.

people need to grow over that "oh my reputation will be ruined...DDD=". In the end, it doesn't really matter. You will most likely never see those high school kids ever again.

So no. I'm not ashamed or embarassed to be a pokemon trainer. YAY.

Years
    I'm a junior. I'm in high school. I'm 16 and everyone knows me because of my nationality, sexuality, or my loud noises in class.

Hahaha honestly, I'm well known around school. Eveyone knows me for somehting. I play pokemon right in front of their faces and go into pokemon forums in the library. Ooop that's what i'm doing right now.

I honestly don't care about my "reputation". My reputation shouldn't be based on me playing pokemon but on my personality and what I bring to the table.

I mean come on...I ANNOUNCED to my japanese class that I caught all 493 pokemon. I told my girlfriend the second I finish evolving my last pokemon. She thinks i'm a loser, but in a cute way. =D not to mention, I'm totally going to toys r us for the darkrai event before prom.

people need to grow over that "oh my reputation will be ruined...DDD=". In the end, it doesn't really matter. You will most likely never see those high school kids ever again.

So no. I'm not ashamed or embarassed to be a pokemon trainer. YAY.

There's a Point. Now can it be Counterpointed?
    Also, the only way you will see your High School Class Mates is if you work with them at your job or live with them etc. And there isn't much chance of that happening (It still does though). I have a kind of Negative Reputation here at Codsall. But surely, I may be able to find a chance to 'leak' my interest in Pokémon right? Someone else has to conserve that secret too right <Stands around in the Darkness thinking>?

:t152:

Years
    I dont tell anyone but my friends but thats because it never gets brought up.

No-one at my secondary school knows yet because they dont ever mention pokemon and none of them are close friend by any stretch of the imagination.

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    If im around fellow lovers than im open about it
    but otherwise im fair secretive :)
    I only tell people I trust, not becaus im ashamed its more because pokemon is important to me and I dont want it to become a joke

Back