• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

DarkLugiaMaster Gir

TMNT Fanboy
Years
  • I'm proud to shout I'm a Pokemon fan,but I get embarrassed some times,I mean I'm talking to my freinds about Pokemon,then one of my enemies(3/4s of my grade)just comes over for no reason and says it's for little kids,and then my Prinicpal tells me Just don't read/play/do Pokemon stuff around those types of kids..Well News is in,Everybody at my school basicley!!!I wish I lived in a place where more people liked it....least me and most of my friends do...

For me when I say I like pokemon, people laugh and say "Oh this guy, what a joker!" thinking Im just a silly guy who is pulling a fast one on his freinds. When in reality I post at a pokemon forum. So yeah I dont really have an issue with that whole thang.

But I really feel for people who do, If we could stand all together we could practicaly pwn them using our pkmn skills. (<------- hehe I dont know what Im saying)

MBXfilms

Film Maker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    I am. Just because everyone looks down on it. Not sure why. I tell them I like the GAME. I'm not real big into anything else like cartoon or the other games like the puzzle ones and such. I just like the RPG.

shu

so alone so lost inside
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2017
    IM PROUD TO LIKE POKEMON,

CAUSE IM A POKEMON MASTER[I have a black trainer card on pearl]

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Hmm. Well, I don't care about admitting I like Pokemon to most people, including friends and family.

However, when I see little kids talking or playing Pokemon and my friends or family see it, it is embarrassing. Because they make it sound really babyish.

hoshixcandy

Blighted Star
    Years
  • I'm neither ashamed or embarassed. I know Pokémon isn't really accepted, but, it's still something I love - a part of me! Plus, I've brought a lot of people back to the joy of Pokémon! ^_^ So, I'm happy and proud that I like it and will happily admit that!

Kuri

Lord Mcfatty
    Years
  • There's a Point. Now can it be Counterpointed?
    Also, the only way you will see your High School Class Mates is if you work with them at your job or live with them etc. And there isn't much chance of that happening (It still does though). I have a kind of Negative Reputation here at Codsall. But surely, I may be able to find a chance to 'leak' my interest in Pokémon right? Someone else has to conserve that secret too right <Stands around in the Darkness thinking>?

:t152:

That's true, but by then they will have matured and most likely forgotten that you are a pokemon fan. I think that after you graduate from underclassmen to an upperclassmen, most of the immaturity among your classmates will start to diminish. I don't see seniors or juniors making stupid comments to me if they see me playing pokemon or going to a pokemon forum. Of course, there is that small percentage of students that will be immature until they graduate. And to your second half of your post...i'm kinda confused...hahaha I'm sorry. Can ya explain it for me?

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    I'm not ashamed or embarassed at all. People just don't like it because it's not what's 'in.' Apparently, if it's not highly violent, it's considered a "child's" game. It really sickens me.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm not ashamed or embarassed.....
    Who cares if I like pokemon? Its my decision.
    Yeah, sometimes my friends ask me why and I just reply because its addicting and fun.
    Plus a lot of the pokemon are so adorable (Minus pokemon like Jynx and Probopass.)
    I do admit sometimes I feel embarassed but thats rarely.
    I will probably be loving pokemon for a looooong time ;)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Why just a couple of days ago I shouted really ( and I mean really) loudly "I LIKE POKEMON!!!" A lot of people stoped and stared but hey who cares ;).

EDIT: I am who I am and I like pokemon so I made a few more friends from that as well which is a bonus.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2008
    Some of my friends know i play it, some play it too, but when i tell them they're just like "haha" and forget about it. I don't feel either way, its a really fun game.

Years
  • Don't get me wrong, I love Pokemon, but in the school ground it's a different story. I am highly embarrassed about liking Pokemon and only brought it up with my friends when they asked me what I got for my birthday, my female friends were alright with it and told me to not be ashamed of what I liked or didn't like (turns out one of them actually likes Pokemon). However my male friends weren't too fond of it. I could tell because they never brought it up again.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 4, 2009
    I used to be into it when it came out around here, when I was like 10. I'm quite a bit older and it's out of fashion now. I just got back into it, and yeah, I'm a little embarassed...but it's a lot better than some other pass times people my age have.

blitzbear

aprentice breeder(maybe crazy)
    Years
  • pokemon = awesome i usd to be a digimon girl til i found out it was a copy of pokemon now ive been a pkm fan since i was 5

my borther nearly 21 and hes still a big fan of pokemon so no matter what age i will be i think i will still like pokemon

Last edited:

Plasmaniac

I has burritoes! Ajua!
    Years
  • I even have a friend who is currently in his university's football team and likes pokemon. He is a mayor player there and everyone knows about his likes for videogames and pokemon, however he is pretty popular. He used to bring his ds to school (when we went to the same highschool) and he would insult back any of his friends and classmates who came to make fun of him (which was hilarious in a certain way). Really, you are only bashed if you let them do it. I have brought my ds to school as well, and no one really attempts to make fun of me, or at least in a serious way. Anyways, if someone comes to make fun of me, I usually return the favor (I have never actually got in a fight for this, just some hilarious sequence of lame jokes from both sides).

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
    Years
  • I'm 19, I go to university, and I'm totally not ashamed of loving pokemon, everyone knows I went out and bought a ds just so I could play pokemon and no one really cares...everyone should just worry less about what people think and enjoy doing what you like.

shiraume

Plum Princess
    Years
  • I don't see Pokemon as something to be ashamed and/or embarrassed about. I already have the reputation of being somewhat childlike in terms of interests, and surprisingly, people think it's cute. So long as they continue seeing it that way, I've got no problem with it.

Back