• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Years
  • This thread should be sticky.

Sometimes I am but the way things are nowadays people are a little bit more open-minded, so I do somehow openly show my (obsession?) to Pokemon. Every time I talk about it people are sent to a nostalgia trip or actually play it. It still surprises me. Shouldn't be a surprise when half the school reads,watch manga/anime, Bleach and Naruto in particular. The school's Anime club (Japanese Culture Appreciation Club?) pretty much sweeten things up very much.
    Also sorry for the politics but Climate Change IS NOT A SCAM!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well I'm certainly not going to run around telling people I like Pokemon. At my age (18) I'm not suppose to like Pokemon (or any type of cartoon) anymore. I do though, so deal with it people! :-P

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    great to here it!!, off course any age can like anything as long as you believe it....

Henrik

d'oh!
    Years
  • I was embarrassed when I was around 13-14 and I lied to my friends and said I hated Pokémon. Everyone I know knows that I like Pokémon now though and my friends accept that. Even though I get teased sometimes by the "cool" kids, I'm glad I don't have to lie to my friends anymore.

Years
  • But then again....

We shouldn't be embarrassed because we should be proud that were part of a fandom that almost singlehandedly saved the hand-held gaming industry. Also you would be surprised that our obsession is pretty normal compared to what other people in College probably likes. Also when people usually hear the word "Pokemon" the anime always comes to mind.
    (NO Offense I like the anime I have the opening/ending themes on my MP3) Just remind them that there is more to Pokemon than the anime (Vidja Games, Manga's, Fanfics?).

Rosefrost

Alright, who put that there?!
    Years
  • I'll admit, I sometimes am embarrassed about it. Like once, I had this nasty cut on my arm, and put a pokemon bandage on it. Well, one of my friends saw it and said: "You like Pokemon? God, that show is so gay!" to which I shamefully said:"Of course not, I HATE pokemon! These were the only bandaids we had." Then, there was another time, when I was talking to a friend who actually liked pokemon, and then some guy said: "Pikachu is so gay, it shoots lightning out of his butt." And I said: "No, it shoots lightning out of it's cheeks." to which the guy replied: "Yeah, it's buttcheecks!" Okay, that time I was trying not to laugh. Then, there was a time when I asked a guy if anyone at his school liked pokemon. He said:"No, there aren't any little baby's at my school." Plus, once when I was playing pokemon cards on the sidewalk with some kids, the adult's walking by were staring at me funny. So yeah, I guess sometimes I am, but I've learned to speak up for myself; Cuz' if you don't like Pokemon, you probably won't like me.

Last edited:

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    Well I really only play the games, but even so I'm a "closet player". Nobody really knows that I play it (Then again, nobody asked). Over here, Pokemon was seen more as a fad and I wouldn't be suprised if they were suprised that I play it.

Last edited:

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • I'm absolutely not embarrassed at all. I have a Charmander shirt from Hot Topic, and on back of my dog tags I have a Houndoom sticker. I have a Steelix and Gabite on the back of my mp3 player. I adore Pokemon, and I grew up with it. I'm already made fun of by a few girls for being "emo" and immature junk like that. But everyone decent in my school accepts me, even though I'm prob one out of 12 kids in the whole highschool that even goes back to play the game. I'm not entirely obsessed, but I enjoy it ^^''

Tyko64

The sandslash user ._.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2008
    Oh heck no, ive played pokemon since i was three, im sure other people have done things worse than watch a show, besides, who cares? its not like their going to kill you for playing a video game that almost every normal non-bully kid does.

oh and, i like water pokes too ^-^

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • No because i know some people 5 years older than me playing it :P

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
  • I'm not embarassed or ashamed, but I don't really tell anybody. I don't go around telling people "Hey I like pokemin, do you like the pokimin? do you want me to show you my pokemons?".
    I'm not even that big of a fan in the first place, I only play the games, and the last games in the series that I've owned was Fire red. (Which I've since lost)

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
  • I'm not embarassed or ashamed, but I don't really tell anybody. I don't go around telling people "Hey I like pokemin, do you like the pokimin? do you want me to show you my pokemons?".
    I'm not even that big of a fan in the first place, I only play the games, and the last games in the series that I've owned was Fire red. (Which I've since lost)

I randomly go up to people and ask if they want to trade me Pokemans....I don't understand why people want to hide it, it makes you look insecure and boring, and actually like a child. If you express yourself and act secure and not care what others will think no one will care that you like Pokemon they will accept it...

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • All my friends know and I couldn't care less if they thought it was childish. I'm not going to stop playing a game I like just because someone thinks it's stupid. So no, I'm not ashamed or embarrassed.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    embarrassed? nope!
    I love POKeMON and why should I be ashamed of he things I love the most?

my friends, old friends when I was in high school, and currently in college, knows that I love POKeMON.

I even made some of my friends addicted to POKeMON. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    Hell no. I like Pokemon, so what? Everyone has their own interests and hobbies, and one of mine is Pokemon. Anyone who takes the piss out of me for that can go die in a hole.

Back