• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You Embassed IN REAL LIFE To like Pokemon?

Are You Embarrassed To Like Pokemon In Real Life?

• Yes, sadly

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 63 64.3%

• Total voters

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    Not at all. People think I'm insane when I yell out "Raichu!" for no random reason. XD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I could really care less what people think about pokemon, but i like it so thats what matters. I dont go to any lengths to try to hide anything i have pokemon related from anyone around me. I play my pokemon games in front of all sorts of people and screw what they have to say because I am playing something I like and making myself happy not that person. Shoot, i even got a friend of mine who didnt know anything about pokemon into it, and she thinks Feebas is the cutest thing ever. I even noticed that some people you would never exspect to like pokemon actually do and some peole like it and try to hid that fact so they wont be nerdy, as they say.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    HA! i dont really care what other people think. my self esteem is WAYYY up there! i carry around my plushes and everything! i draw em at school, i wear shirts, i play the game. and yea, people call me gay/stupid/f*g/retared/****/everything else you can think of. and i laugh at them. if you feel too bad about yourself that you have to go making fun of other people and their hobbies, then i dont really care what you do. maybe they should get a hobbie themselves.

but then again there are people who respect me for it cause im proud to like pokemon. and they stick up for me and say "hey! he likes pokemon. so what? thats what he does. just let him do it!"

what i'm sayin is dont be afraid to show your innner pokemon. be proud of it and let people make fun of you. its going to happen anyway. :)

braminoid

The bird is the word.
    Years
    HA! i dont really care what other people think. my self esteem is WAYYY up there! i carry around my plushes and everything! i draw em at school, i wear shirts, i play the game. and yea, people call me gay/stupid/f*g/retared/****/everything else you can think of. and i laugh at them. if you feel too bad about yourself that you have to go making fun of other people and their hobbies, then i dont really care what you do. maybe they should get a hobbie themselves.

but then again there are people who respect me for it cause im proud to like pokemon. and they stick up for me and say "hey! he likes pokemon. so what? thats what he does. just let him do it!"

what i'm sayin is dont be afraid to show your innner pokemon. be proud of it and let people make fun of you. its going to happen anyway. :)
    i agree 100% it's so true.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Although I am embarassed, no one has anything to say about what you like. It's like prejudice, judging someone just because they like something that some people don't like. Because those people are probably playing it themselves. You're entitled to your opinion.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Embarrased? No. Smart enough not to tell anyone about my interest because I know I'll be slandered forever? Yes.

LugiaFreak

Years
    A little...

A little, but it's mostly during school. I almost never talk about Pokemon in school, but at home or when friends are over I don't care. They all know how much of a PokeFreak I am. :laugh: I'll ramble on to my parents about some Pokemon-related thing, and I don't really care that they have no idea what I'm talking about. :)

Usually I won't bring plushes to school, but if I ever bring my plush Lugia to school, I don't care at all what people think. If they don't like it, I don't care. It's Lugia, which automatically makes it cooler then them. :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    well people think im crazy anyway
    well the people who dont know me think im quiet
    the ones who do wish i was :P

i'll bring my DS to school sometimes and play
    and when people who arent my close friends think its childish to like pokemon
    So? and WHAT?!

I'm pretty obsessed with the manga
    no problem with me
    a couple of my close friends are infact hooked in2 it
    and love it

thats all that matter right?

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    When I was younger I didnt care if anyone knew I like pokemon.
    But now, if I mention pokemon in any way, shape, or form, people make fun of me.
    Which is why I hide the fact that I like pokemon.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    If somone asks, I'll happily agree.
    Other then that, I tend to keep to myself.
    But I do play Pearl in Spanish class, yet still have an A- in it. Go figure. XP

Years
    Some of the kids that dislike me have asked in which I reply with "Yeah, when I was like 7". When I admitted it to my friends, some were surprised, a bit bothered for a few days whenever it was brought up but now they don't care, the majority of the rest said I don't need to be embarrassed. Turns out when I told 2 of them I found out they liked the games as well. So I can talk to them about Pokemon and debate on "Who's the best special sweeper?" and the likes. Though I tend to keep my voice down. XD

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I was, but now nobody really cares. But sometimes people are playing a card game or something near the class rooms. I ask what it is and they say "It's better than gay Pokémon!" I just walk away pretending I didn't hear such a thing...

Nobody in my school likes Pokémon but me, I don't really mind. Inside I love Pokémon and half the people in my year 8 class know I love Squirtle...I revealed it one day..

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Not really. My class knows I play the games and most of them will agree with me, the games are great to play and are very addicting, not that any of them own the games themselves. My friends think its funny but they really don't care and if someone asks me my favourite game, I reply with Pokemon and they chuckle and say whatever they want and forget about it. If they ask me why, I say its a great game and they should take a chance and play it once. Either they nodded and move on to something else or they stay quiet. I have never had someone tell me I'm a little child or something. Actually, if I'm sick and get a day off school, my friends will ask me if I was playing Pokemon. I reply honestly, and most of the time say yes. :D

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    Yes, almost everyone who previously liked Pokemon in my grade (more boys than girls) has gotten over it, except for me, though I've got a few friends who like Pokemon too (all Asian, like me, weird how it works), so I can talk about it with them.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    very... I keep all my stuff hidden in my cupboard when friends come over...

I do this too, O_o. I just will get embrassed and feel down on myself. The kids are very judgemental at my school, so I keep it all hidden. Sad, I know.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    Well, sometimes. On Halloween, when I was trick or treating, some *******s who always made fun of me for liking Pokemon pushed me over, gave me a black eye, and stole my candy.

Back