• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You Embassed IN REAL LIFE To like Pokemon?

Are You Embarrassed To Like Pokemon In Real Life?

• Yes, sadly

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 63 64.3%

• Total voters

coy261

pokemon master
Years
  • no not really because everyone at schools knows i play it and people that says its gay and other stuff like that i just ignore them and play pokemon but as of now pokemon is kind of boring

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
  • I'm not really embarrassed that I like Pokemon... I just don't talk about it in front of other people. So in other words, yes I am embarrased xD

Kaiser Glider

Training in Dragon's Den
    Years
  • No, not embarrassed. I just don't feel the need to broadcast it to the world.

Too bad people don't take the time to learn about something before making fun of it.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years
  • I'm not completely obsessed with it, since I don't own my very own Diamond, I just borrow my friends's. Depends on the situation. Sometimes people think you're just awesome liking Pokemon, others think you're just plain stupid and weird. -.- I'm really not sure.

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    In my opinion, people should be allowed to like what they want. however, most people in society expect others to be like them, and think the same as them. So no, I'm not Embarrassed, if people ask, I say I do, and if they tease, I say Keeping hold of something you love which is apparantly ''Babyish'' Is the first sign of Maturity.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Back 10 years ago or so, in middle school and then in high school I wouldn't talk about Pokemon publicly. It was "uncool," however, at one point back in middle school, I specifically remember all the "cool kids" liking Pokemon. That didn't last long though.

Now, I don't give a care! Haha that's the great thing about growing up and not being in high school any longer. There are no more popularity contests (even though people seem to think that I was "popular" in high school? lol) and people can just be who they are. I'm not afraid to talk about the things that I'm passionate about. If people don't like it - tough. People respect you more if you don't make a huge deal out of something and don't care what they think about you.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    yes, I'm very embarrased for liking pokemon. my parents, no my family, my friends, everyone at school, it seems like EVERYONE in my country thinks that pokemon is kiddy.
    well, I strongly disagree that pokemon is kiddy, okay, the anime is, but the games ARE. NOT. KIDDY. I really get sick of that, but I'm afraid of saying that, seeing how I'm the only one who likes pokemon.

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
    Years
  • I'm not embarrassed, all of my friends like it, but I wouldn't talk about it too much at school. I strongly agree that POKEMON IS NOT KIDDY!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think that people shouldn't hide their likings of pokemon...pokemon is a world of a happier place!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Heh, pokemon=kiddy, yeah! [sarcasm] Well, the anime is a little kiddy for me, because it is for the little ones, but the games, no! I am not really that sensitive about my likes and dislikes... I they pick on me, I can counter it back with something worse! XD

Years
  • I'm not very embarrased, but I used to be. I found out that there are people in my class that like Pokemon. Now, we are huge friends. If I never came out of my shell, i would have half the friends I do now.
    But, there are girls that are mean and call me boyish and dumb, but who cares.

Mitja K

Dattebayo!
    Years
  • No im not emberassed of liking pokemon. Still people say its childish...I cant agree with it. The anime may be a little childish, but would people say the same if the anime would be like pokespe manga made? It would definitely be in the top 3 of the best anime, equal to Naruto, which is quite popular.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Nope, not embarrassed at all. Even though people would think I'm such a big baby, i'll stick to what is right for me. I have backup of course, my cousins are addicted to pokemon too, like me. >.>

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    No, I'm not embarrassed, because I feel there isn't a need to be.
    I speak freely about loving Pokemon, and even tell bullies at my college.

Back