• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    I wish I knew what love really is. Its probably one of the things I know the best...but I really can't say I know what it is.

So as for the question...no...I hope I someday fall in love for real.

Chase Leader

Years
    DragonSlayer(Ryan) said:
    i don't know if its love, because this is the first time i actually have been in love. so i would say.... maybe.
    Good answer, thats awesome... I'd say its more or less a learning thing...something you learn after your heart is crushed for the first time...again thats just me.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I honestly don't know if it was Infatution or love all I know is that It took me a few months(since Jan) to get over and I still can't say i'm fully over it yet ;_____;

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
    Years
    I'm so inlove in life and here on PC, that i can barely breath.... just read my sig to find out with whome I share my love.... Love is not to be taken lightly, it is powerfull and ultimilty... deadly... just ask my Eternal Lover...

~JBCBlank

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Shall I prepare anti-flame shield first?

Love is overrated.

Seeing how the world functioned decently for the last couple thousand years with arranged marriage, free love and romance can't be that powerful or almighty. It's ironic to see that the modern society introduced free love, yet divorce will only continue to go up (yes yes there's the entire defense that people are now allowed to divorce, but shouldn't the need to divorce decrease because people can choose their partner for themselves and not be forced into marriage?)

Maybe I was in love with that person, but maybe it's simple infatuation, or plain old lust. Yet, now I lost it again by killing that feeling off.

I'm very sure that somebody out there is to say that I'm inhumane or don't know what I'm talking about to "kill off that feeling." Someone will say that, if anyone read this post at all to begin with.

Chase Leader

Years
    You wanna know why...its because love is something that can't be defined or be explained. Love conquers all but love corrupts all...

Then again it doesn't help since I am a hopeless romantic...

H-Man #89995

Are you reading this? Don't!
    Years
    You want my complete honesty?

Yes.

As for the rest? Well, you'll need to prod me for that... if you can keep a secret.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Naminé, just as how arranged marriages are overrated in society? We are always unsatisfied.

People feel oppressed with forced marriages and will eventually demand freedom, knowing it will inevitably spur on destructive effects only harboring more desire. That's life, I'm afraid.

As for the actual poll itself, no, I don't believe I'm in love. I consider it a simple infatuation.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    When we're in "love" we want arranged marriage so someone else out there can solve all problems for us. When we are put into marriage and realize that it doesn't work out, then we blame the arrangement. When we have freedom to choose, 1/2 of all marriages out there are still not working out, and end up in divorce.

If either way is going to look so terrible, then might as well call back arranged marriage and get it over with. Then again, after a taste of freedom, you can only thirst for more. You've obviously watched FMA Roy Mustang and will definitely know what the thirst means.

"Love is undefined" is probably rooted in some literature or poems that push the society to overrate love in the first place. The English language is terrible with "love" because it's so broad. At least other languages define it a bit better, or assign multiple meanings of the word "love" to multiple words/characters.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    You must not forget some of the people who wind up content with how things turn out, regardless of arrangement/freedom. We have our own definitions; it's oddly evident you've been a victim to a rather unwanted experience, if you don't mind me saying. How you amuse me so, Naminé~

Back