• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
    Years
    Well, I'm not really sure. I mean, I've known him for a very little time and just this week I go to know him a little better... I'm just kind of confused...
    Until a week ago, I would have simply told that I wasn't in love, but now... I just don't know.

Johnny Boy~

Bom Chika Wah Wah
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 26, 2007
    i am not in love, sorry
    but i am looking for a pairing up partner, although it is just for fun...

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Meh..many of us here are stupid and young.For the most part, we feel strong infatuation.
    I myself have been told 'i love you'....and quite stupidly, i replied with the same.
    AH WELL...go figure.

Baleef said:
    For all of my fellow peers out there, love =/= infatuation.

In my opinion, love is a feeling only able to be distinguished when you are with your soul mate and best friend. A feeling that together, you form an impenetrable bond able to quell one another's pain, as well as provide eternal happiness and support for the other. This is not to say that you are mistaken of your own feelings, for I am not one to say what you do and do not believe, I am simply stating that those who have not even reached fifteen are almost surely not to have reached a level of maturity where they can handle or comprehend feelings such as love.

Eh, sorry about the rant. XD

Yea we're all aware that love is not the same as infatuation.The problem is in figuring out whether we feel love or infatuation.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    Not necessarily. You can love someone completely and have nothing from them; infatuation isn't quite the same feeling as love. Think Tomoyo being in love with Sakura in CardCaptor Sakura; she's in love, but Sakura doesn't even notice.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I think I'm in love with a boy in school.... I've liked him so much for nearly a year now... and I've had something from him. It's not strong love though.

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
    I attempt to avoid love at all costs. All it's done for me in the past is set up 6 tonnes of C4 plastic explosives into my heart and pass the detonator to a couple of girls....It hurts....Right now is not a good time either because I'm trying to deal with the fact that two of my best friends are dating now....

H-Man #89995

Are you reading this? Don't!
    Years
    ...reminds me of the last two times I fell in love. Only, well... rather than set them on my heart, they were set on my world. Being lost in space sucks.

Makoto

Years
    I used to think I was in love with this girl from my school. But before I could even give a hint of it, I found out she hates my guts. Go figure. D;

Love.....Infatuation..... Different in many ways, but not in many others. Love is unconditional; Infatuation is not. And many other differences I'm too lazy to say, too shy to admit, or both.

But to answer your question, no, I'm not in love. And I don't think I ever truly will be. I'm just not that kind of person. And besides, No one likes me anyway.

*crawls back in hole*

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Love. Oh my, love. The most amazing feeling when true, and the most hurtful when played and burned.

Myself, I am in love. I've been in love for almost two years. True love. I had thought I'd found love before then, thought I'd been saved, thought it was all true. And I was wrong. I thought I'd never find that one who's make me feel more special that I thought I deserved. I never assumed that it would come so easilly, and yet, so difficultly as well...

But it did.

Who holds my heart, you may ask? Well, he's right here on PC. His name is Jake, you all know him as ~Ozy~. Yes, we met right here on PC. Met, paired up, split up, and almost by accident, came back together. It started out as a crush on someone online. They happen all the time, but you never assume anything will come of them. Heck, you don't even really know who you're in love with!

But somehow, I knew Jake-chan was different. I did. He took my heart and wouldn't let go. He treated me so wonderfully. And guess what? We've met. Met physically. (Parents were both there, so don't get any funny ideas.) And since that moment last June, things have never been the same. Soon enough, we'll be together on a much more frequent basis than we are now.

So for all of you out there who think that love cannot exsist, I dare you to defy the love that Jake and I share. It is not lust, as we don't see each other nearly often enough for that. It's not infatuation, because we've been together for over a year steady with a thousand miles between us. This IS love. This IS true.

Those of you who have yet to find love, don't give up. I almost did, and look where I'm at now. Don't give up hope. Keep searching.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I admit I love someone...but I am not in love with him. It's just a huge crush ;.; Meh, he taken x3

I have never been in love and I have no idea if I will ever truly fall for someone...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think for most people that "don't believe in love", they usually say that out of naivety and from pain. A lot of people fool themselves into thinking that just because they were hurt themselves, that all love must be the same, so that would mean there is no such thing as just, just lust, which just isn't true. People do things for each other that they wouldn't do for any other person, that's more than just a strong friendship. It's the feeling of being connected with someone and being able to understand them on more than just a material level.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of people are just too young or don't have the experience to know what love is. There's a difference between loving someone and just being infatuated with someone. A friend once told me that love scared them because of the way it makes other people act, that they never talk about anything but the other person. That isn't love, that's just lust and infatuation. Most people don't try to flaunt it or make it something that they talk about every waking moment of the day.

Love can and does leave people jaded if something bad happens, I've had it happen, my friends have had it happen, it's not an uncommon thing. That's why I think a lot of people that say love isn't real are just naive in thinking so. You can probably say the same about me and other people that are in love, but again, the people saying that have probably never experienced a complete relationship in where the affections of both people are equal for each other. If people knew that, they wouldn't think love has no value and something that isn't real. It is, there's no doubt about that, I know what I have isn't just some infatuation and I can look at it clearly and explain why and how love does exist. True love and not a teenage crush or physical infatuation with another person. Even if a relationship were the two people loved each other and eventually leave each other does occur, they still would have known love is real once they can get over the pain of losing someone. It's just easier to blind a younger person like that and fool them into thinking they're being loved or being hated.

Back