• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you pre-ordering/importing HG/SS?

Are you?

• Total voters

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
    I will make a guide.

Pokemon HG/SS Guide:
    Make character
    ????
    Get out of Prof. Elm's lab
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    ????
    Hi Kimono sisters!
    900x ???? later
    ????
    ????
    and finally you beat the game! Happy I made a guide

Also guides arent fun. They ruin the whole game as a guide is just a HUGE spoiler pretty much.

Thanks, that was the most helpful and info filled guide I have ever read!

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    Yay a post? 0.o
    Why cant people start working on a guide for a game that didnt come out using all of the info released?

@Death3xx: Eh, i just want both ^^, why not get one earlier and see whats its like?

How are you to make a guide without knowing much?

Most people know that you can:

Get a starter
    battle gyms
    meet the kimono girls
    battle team rocket
    get legendaries

but that's not enough to make a guide

And if you know you wanted to try it, why would you ask us?

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Not our fault Japan gets stuff first now is it?

well they made it....but i know what you mean

I'm actually going to be in Japan for the month of January so if I happen to see it I might pick up a copy of gold and get the US version of silver. Still not sure though. Time will tell. I can't wait, though. Looks like a great addition to the series!

i heard it could come out feburary

Last edited:

atre05

^SPRITER^
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Dude, listen to me, IMPORT IT!!! Who cares if your japanese is not that great? If you see a box with two options the upper one is yes and the other one is no. What else do you need? Are you really going to wait until freaking 2010 to buy it!?

IMPORT IT!

Years
    I've already ordered Soulsilver. =) I plan on taking a Japanese class in the fall, so having a game in Japanese will be very helpful.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I'm gonna download the rom when it comes.
    can't import. :/

I'm definately reserving me copies of the english one as soon as i can though :3.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged threads with this other thread already made for posting on whether you're importing/pre-ordering or not.

Years
    I've been tempted by the price of a Japanese import (~£35, which is what you'd be expected to pay here for a new game - it's about US$60), so I may import if I have some money left over from my birthday. :3 Otherwise I'll import from the US of A.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Depends on what my dad says, but its highly unlikely I'll pre-order it.

I usually either forget or I think I'll be there early enough to where they'll still have copies of it.
    Plus I prefer English.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2010
    Depends on what my dad says, but its highly unlikely I'll pre-order it.

I usually either forget or I think I'll be there early enough to where they'll still have copies of it.
    Plus I prefer English.

many of use prefer english, but some of us can't hold the urge! ahhhh!

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I'm going to pre-order the US version of SoulSilver. I never imported games because I can't read Japanese. The waiting game won't be that difficult once I get back to college, as I'll be so busy with my senior year that I won't have time to think about it much.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    ... How many people here can read Japanese? I can't so I don't even really consider importing a viable option.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    ... How many people here can read Japanese? I can't so I don't even really consider importing a viable option.

I can't...but I'm just gonna wing it. xD; Common sense + GSC knowledge + internet = Silver shall be alright.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I can't...but I'm just gonna wing it. xD; Common sense + GSC knowledge + internet = Silver shall be alright.
    Hahah sounds like a gud idea
    I was gonna import from Japan but then i realised that after 4yrs of doing Japanese at skool i havent retained any of it XD haha
    So I'm just importing it from the States
    Whats the rough release date at the moment for USA?

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Hahah sounds like a gud idea
    I was gonna import from Japan but then i realised that after 4yrs of doing Japanese at skool i havent retained any of it XD haha
    So I'm just importing it from the States
    Whats the rough release date at the moment for USA?

Nothing official in my knowledge, but people expect next spring as in that has been how it has happened for a while.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Nothing official in my knowledge, but people expect next spring as in that has been how it has happened for a while.
    Ok then, that be like Autumn here then, yay it'll be around the time my B'day comes around then lol

Back