• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you serious?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    If I'm honest, the charm of Mauville was stripped away with the addition of its expansion. It feels really impersonal and lacks personality. Mauville is now a really bland building with an uninspired courtyard. Contrast this with the Sootopolis expansion, which is really beautiful, and you wonder how they managed to mess up on their hub city. That really is my biggest complaint though.

In all the ways GF messed up (which wasn't many), I really enjoyed how ORAS brought in new features. If we're really talking "WTF" though...why didn't they make it easier to have both bikes earlier in the game.

Years
    I haven't seen another thread for discussing negative aspects, so i'll mention it here: according to Bulbapedia, just like in XY, the Trainer Card is the same joke that it is in XY - defeat Steven, complete the Hoenn Pokédex (although it doesn't state whether it's seen or caught) and defeat one of the Battle Chatelaines on Super Mode. Nothing regarding contests. You'd think that they would incorporate those into the trainer card requirements like the originals did, but no...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I haven't seen another thread for discussing negative aspects, so i'll mention it here: according to Bulbapedia, just like in XY, the Trainer Card is the same joke that it is in XY - defeat Steven, complete the Hoenn Pokédex (although it doesn't state whether it's seen or caught) and defeat one of the Battle Chatelaines on Super Mode. Nothing regarding contests. You'd think that they would incorporate those into the trainer card requirements like the originals did, but no...

So you mean the only thing that I got out of going through all the Master Rank Contests is a measly Lucarionite? Meh, what a rip off. You can get those easily in XY anyway.

Years
    So you mean the only thing that I got out of going through all the Master Rank Contests is a measly Lucarionite? Meh, what a rip off. You can get those easily in XY anyway.

If you think that's jarring, just wait until you try to get the Garchompite. You have to steal the flag from 1,000 Secret Bases!!! And unlike in the Sinnoh games, you can only steal one base's flag per day. Another Mega Stone you can obtain in XY without much concern...

Years
    A good WTF moment, I noticed I had to battle Rayquaza now so I stocked up on Pokeballs, I bought 50x Ultra and 50x Dusk plus 10x Quick, and got 11 Premier Balls added to it. Figured that'll do.

I caught Rayquaza with one Ultra Ball. o.O
    Edit: And with my first turn Quick Ball in the second try (Rayquaza's Dragon Pulse took out Deoxys in one hit...)

Oh yeah and another one is Zinnia's battle animation.... What is that about?

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    A good WTF moment, I noticed I had to battle Rayquaza now so I stocked up on Pokeballs, I bought 50x Ultra and 50x Dusk plus 10x Quick, and got 11 Premier Balls added to it. Figured that'll do.

I caught Rayquaza with one Ultra Ball. o.O
    Edit: And with my first turn Quick Ball in the second try (Rayquaza's Dragon Pulse took out Deoxys in one hit...)

Oh yeah and another one is Zinnia's battle animation.... What is that about?
    Yeah, Rayquaza's catch rate has been drastically increased, because it's a required capture, much like Xerneas and Yveltal before it. Also, Deoxys gets KOed by just about any attack Rayquaza has at the time, even though he's 10 levels higher. Only Extremespeed has a chance of not KOing Deoxys in one hit.
    As for Zinnia's battle intro, I think she's really REALLY into Pokemon battles. Either that, or she's possessed by the devil.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    interesting to know. hm. Something that made me a little sad is that only master rank medals are shown at a pokemon. no super or normal contest medals :(

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    If you think that's jarring, just wait until you try to get the Garchompite. You have to steal the flag from 1,000 Secret Bases!!! And unlike in the Sinnoh games, you can only steal one base's flag per day. Another Mega Stone you can obtain in XY without much concern...

And no trainer card upgrades from doing so as well, huh? Ah, what a bummer. Time to transfer Mega-stones from my Pokemon Y then.

On the bright side, getting the Platinum Flag will give you more decorations, so that's something to work for. But yeah... my Trainer Card's not really worth it for me anymore if it won't showcase my achievements in Contests and Secret Bases.

I mean, XY is pretty much explainable with the lack of post-game content, but this? I think Contests and Super Secret Bases got a bit of a spotlight back during the Coro Coro Leaks, and they even got their own NPCs, so why Game Freak won't bother making them a trainer card upgrade requirement and went with XY's instead?

Anyone can complete the game, and getting the National Dex completed is a cinch now, so the only challenge is the Super Mode Battle Maison for the casuals if they strive for the Gold Trainer Card. And even that, if you focus on it you'll reach it eventually.

Back