• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you still into Pokémon?

Do you still liek Pokeymanz?

• Yes, sir!

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • I'm slowly drifting away from it. There's better games.

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Nope, I don't.

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    Yeah everything seems to be losing its touch but it can make a come back!

It's coz we're growing older and don't have the enthusiasm we have now!

People at school aren't into it, which makes it less exciting for us.

Zet

Years
    another reason is that it takes ages for dubbing to be done and all we get is the battle frontier repeats but Australia is cut off from the rest of the world until people say hey Australia hasn't got this yet, and then we get it

Years
    lol except australian made products ;)

It's not entirely bad, I mean we get beautiful landscapes over here. Well, in the NT. I'm not sure about you.

Why do we get things so late?? We are closer to Japan than everywhere else!

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
    Well, I don't hate Pokemon, but I don't love it. The anime has gone way down hill, and the games are getting a tad repetitive.

Agreed, And I've been a Pokemanic (I'm 22 now BTW) since the first day they came out is Australia... Yet to get a DS and Diamond and/or Pearl as my studies come first....

STILL waiting to get a Deoxys, Mew and Celebi...

Why do we get things so late?? We are closer to Japan than everywhere else!

Smaller market.

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    You don't even get the anime where I live now but I'm still a huge fan. Of course all games get boring when you finish it, what do you think?

Games aren't supposed to go on forever. Like animal crossing is a never-ending game but you get bored of it because of its never-endingness.

I think Pokemon seems to be getting boring because pokemon came out in 1995 and we were all much younger then. We had more enthusiasm, we were easly addicted to things, we were mere children. But now that we've all grown up we are seeing things differently, however things have actually stayed the same or have got better.

I personally think diamond and pearl were the best games, judging from my younger sibling's reactions. But I liked the classic ones. Its all the same with my friends and I can see it all on here.

We've all grown up, that's just the problem.

What state do you live in AU?

Last edited:

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2020
    Well...I suppose I am still a hardcore Pokemon fan, although I have begun to waiver.
    Pokemon was, in the old days of somewhere in 97-99 the thing, everyone was obsessed with it, I was one who played the cards and anine, in 2000, when Pokemon Gold came to Australia (wow another Australian), I played that. Although I believe myself to be more focussed on the cards (except after the neo sets, I hate those cards, their just so bleargh)

I believe R/S is where it begun to get...stale. I mean, the first 251 Pokemon were good, after that...well some if not most became a little crazy. Its also where the lands became big. I've always like the close knit lands, like Kanto and Johto. Hoenn is way too big, even if it invites exploration.

D/P were ok, the plot was slightly better, the rival was decent (enough) and the music was great but the pokemon...they just don't feel like Pokemon anymore, they lack what they originally had. With close to 500, its becomming far too big, I say if they have a 5th Generation, don't add anymore pokemon.

Getting rid of the voices for the show will probably put me off it for life.

Sorry bout the rant.

Back