• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Art and stuff

Years
banner.jpg

Hiya!

I used to be a frequent poster on PC many years back and I did a lot more drawing back then, but over the last number of years where life had changed for me, I had gone so long without drawing and I'm only now just getting back into it.

I tend to lurk around the forum from time to time but seeing some of the lovely art that people have made and the helpful comments they receive has encouraged me to make a thread. I find when I work on something it helps to get a second opinion and there are a couple of pieces I'm working on at the moment. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I did a few drawings traditionally before I got an iPad recently and started using Procreate instead of Photoshop. Most of the images you see here were done with Photoshop and one on Procreate.

Spoiler:

This was a piece I did for my sister-in-law for her boyfriend's birthday in November. I wish I had more reference shots to use at the time but overall I think I did well with it.

Spoiler:

I completed this two days ago and it's the first piece I properly made using Procreate on iPad. It was a lot of fun and I did quite a bit of experimenting. I'm really into Genshin Impact as of late and these are some of my favourite characters. It recently blew up on Reddit which I'm still gawping about lol

Spoiler:

This is a sketch I did of a character from Genshin Impact called Xiao. The sketch on the left I actually lost because my computer crashed, so I took a photo of it and imported it to eventually taper and make the sketch on the right. I wanted to make sure his anatomy looked better so I changed his pose slightly. I plan to colour this properly.

Spoiler:

This is a work in progress of a character not yet released on Genshin Impact. Her name is Ayaka. I'm liking the way this is looking so far but I'm running out of ideas of what I can do with it, so any suggestions here in particular would be really helpful.

Spoiler:

Her name is Keqing. This piece is the one that frustrates me the most at the moment because I'm trying to figure out how to make the composition work. Like draw two poses perhaps each side of her and one in the centre? I might just rehaul this altogether because I actually like what I did with the drawing behind more than the main focus.

Spoiler:

Small pencil sketch I made yesterday while having morning coffee.

Spoiler:

More traditional art.

Spoiler:

This I made with watercolours on a sketchpad.​

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
These are ALL incredible Signomi! Proportions look right. Your line work is very good. Coloring and shading are spot on 👍 And the details give them all life and character. I am so glad that you decided to make a thread and share these with us. Thank you! Keep up the great work Signomi!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Signomi. ♡

I'm so happy to see you posting your art again! Your art is incredible as always and you're such an inspiration to me. It looks like you haven't lost any of your unique style and talent whatsoever ever. I love the art style you used for the piece with your sister-in-law! It's so soft and painterly but still very distinctly you and I adore that.

I hope you continue to update us with the things you're working on!

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
Years
Holy ... these look amazing! Specially love your eyes, they look so unique!

Also, Keqing is an absolute unit.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hi I'm just coming back again to say I love your art. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Back