• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash and Paul's Chimchar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Come to think of it, Ash is probably more likely to get a bug or a ground/rock type then anything else. Or maybe he'll pull a Dawn on us and capture a Pokemon of some other type that randomly knows flamethrower. *cough*Buneary's random knowledge of ice beam*cough*
    What about an Arcues with a Fire/Flame Plate?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • naw, Arceus is a legendary, and can you really see ash with an Arceus, maybe Paul and Gary, but not ash
    Their point in the show is not to be owned. I mean it's suppose to be the god of all pokemon, I doubt he'd even let himself be associated with humans.

XD375

Shane
    Years
  • James has a growlithe. Main characters never share the same pokemon =D
    May got Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

Anyway, a discussion like this came up on another forum way back in early October around the time the D/P anime premiered in Japan.

In Hoenn, May had received a Bulbasaur, with a sole purpose of being an advert for FireRed and LeafGreen. I am a strong believer in Gold and Silver remakes, so they can do the same for him with Cyndaquil.

I can see Dawn getting a Chikorita, too...

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
  • I agree. I think Ash might get Cyndaquil back.
    Some people may be like "He won't bring pokemon back that he caught in prevous generations!"
    Well i say he already did! In BF he used charizard, bulbasaur, and squirtale didn't he?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yeaha nd the reason theyhad to have the filler, is because D/P was barely planned at that point. Also due to poor planning, things like new fire pokemon wre pretty much neglected.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
  • well, actually, these are planned months in advance, but maybe that is why they have only a small number of 4th gen fire types

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Well actually I read they had delay the planning and had some minimal ideas for Pokemon back then. As for few number of fire pokemon, I'm gonna stick with him catching a Magby or a Gible with random knowledge of flamethrower.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Yeah that;s true. Quite honestly, if Paul abandons Chimchar, it should go to Brock. Buddha knows it needs some nurturing and a good Breeder liek Takeshi can provide that.

MasterZ

The Unbeatable Viking of Fury
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Ok, well i have a theory about ash's mystery fire poke. I think, eventually, that in a battle against ash, Chimchar loses and costs Paul the match, making Paul think that Chimchar is as useless as all the other pokemon he's set free. So he either tosses the ball to Ash and says some snotty remark like chimchar deserves to be with a pathetic trainer like ash, or he does the whole release thingy with the blue light from the pokeball and walks off and ash decides to take chimchar under his wing
    then, much much later, in a Pokemon league tournament match and it comes down to the final match and ash releases chimchar or whatever evo it is and it beats pauls elekid evo and ash whens the match

feel free to leave comments

since when did ash get a fire pokemon in sinnoh?

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • In any case on with the discussion:

I don't understand how come there would not many fire types made in the 4th generation. I mean it's really between Magby and Chimchar.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • That's if he does get Magby. Hoepfully he will, because there are no alternatives unless he gets a Gible or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back