• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash back in Indigo League

Should Ash recompete in the Indigo League?

• Yes

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    I have always wondered if they would make a small series on Pokemon where Ash goes back to Kanto to retry the Indigo Pokemon League competition. What do you think? Would it be a good idea?

Tzuri17

Look! it's a messege! --->
    Years
    It would be nice if that happen...and if I was ash I sure was taking the challenge once agen :bandit:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    There's another topic kind of like this a little down the page o_o;;

Anyway, my prediction was a season in the Sevii Islands. But allow me to focus on the question at hand: The Indigo League Revisited.

The way I see it, the idea is plausible. Even though the show is no longer at a pace to where it begins different arcs when new games are released, I still think that another season in the Indigo League would be interesting. There would be a lot of little interesting follow-ups on characters from the first season, but I think that if they were to do it, they definitely shouldn't make it any more than a season. Ash would be able to whip all the gym leaders (possibly more than 8 or some different ones, as we saw with Gary's ten badges and many strange badges in the possession of the Marowak trainer in Bad to the Bone) and the interesting episodes would be the ones where old things are revisited. I would love to see Ash do something a bit different than the league tournament, and finally challenge the Elite Four (Lorelei/Prima, Bruno, Agatha, and Lance, not the four from GS). But there are plenty of ideas, I just don't have them. As I said, it would work, but not if it was horribly drawn-out like Johto and Hoenn.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    If they did a Kanto Redux, I think it would center around Max and May, not Ash. Because, Max is getting his license after Hoenn and Kanto is the best Region for beginners...

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
    Ash will start a new journey to new region. He will never take Indigo League again. IMO.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 24, 2005
    I don't think he should or will. They've moved on from Kanto. I guess I never really thought about it though. It would make a nice ending.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
    DJAikou said:
    He didn't say within the next season.

I think its a great idea, and probably WILL happen. ^_^v

I agree with everyone you said in this... especially the first sentence.

Star Crossed Dreamer

Protector of the Chosen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2009
    After thinking on it, it could be a possibility. Because before Ash goes to a new Region, he always ends up back in Pallet Town. Prof. Oak may suggest it to him one episode. If not soon, it would be a great series finale.

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
    i think ash will call prof oak afer the hoen league and prof oak will say
    oak: oh hello ash
    ash: professor i came __________ in the hoen league
    oak: thats great ash, oh & by the way bill has discovered some new islands around the east coast of cinibar and he wants me to send a trainer to check them out and since gary is no longer a trainer i was wondering if you would like to go for me
    ash: id love to
    oak: meet bill at cinibar pokemon center. i gtg now your touros just broke another fence *hangs up*
    ash: well cya later max, may good luck with your training max
    everone: cya
    *after ash finishes with the islands he travels back to cinibar and bumps into max and may coming out of cinibar gym they all head off for may and max to get the last badge then all go and enter indgo league*

Back