• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash catchum

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    If we were to factor birthdays into this, my guess would be:

Kanto-6 months
    Islands-6 months
    Johto-a full year
    Houen-9 months to a year

this is, of course, assuming that each episode = one day unless multiple days pass in the episode.

I dunno, in the 9th episode they said Ash had been travelling for 2 months o.O

Actually, there has been one character that has aged. Well, Pokemon: Ash's Lapras. In Lapras of Luxury s/he had grown into an adult. Even Ash commented on it. Odd.

The Infinite Devil Machine

Obvious, with hindsight
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2020
    I dunno, in the 9th episode they said Ash had been travelling for 2 months o.O

Actually, there has been one character that has aged. Well, Pokemon: Ash's Lapras. In Lapras of Luxury s/he had grown into an adult. Even Ash commented on it. Odd.

Whoa, that 2 months mention totally slipped my mind. I guess if the anime was realistic, I'd say Ash has been travelling for about 3 years.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    At the very beginning, it's Ash's tenth birthday. And throughout all seasons, he is offically ten years old, no matter how much his voice/looks/intellect changes.
    But there's another thing that doesn't quite add up, though. There's an episode called "Battle of the Badge" that says it's been one year since he met Pikachu, so he'd be 11. Then there was this Pokemon special thing where Pikachu meets the pichu brothers or something (I think it was johto) and then Ash says it was one year since he met Pikachu, which means he would be 12.
    But this is an anime. A cartoon if you think deep about it. Laws of physics don't apply to cartoons.

PikaPi123

Pikachu Power!!!
    Years
    I don't think the anime ages. I first thought it did but when I heard the official Pokemon website say that May is the same age as Ash I don't think it ages because if it did, Ash would probally be 12 or 13 when it was May's 10th birthday. So I don't think it ages. But I do think Ash is maturing in the show and he acts more maturer than a 10 year old because I know a lotta 10 year old boys and they act like inmature hyper kids that runs around and trys to get girlfriends (I know because my sister is 10 years old).

SaintLuke

HARDCORE TRAINER
    Years
    This thread that is out of complet random-nness so don't get mad at me for even thinking that maybie he sounds like he grew up a lil

NekoRobin

>______>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    Well kinda offtopic but Ash sucks!
    I mean like..He gets 5 pokemons with 100 episodes/1 season!..And I mean he gets like 5 pokemons with a year and then leaves the region.
    I mean it. He will never be the best.
    Cause he sucks.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    lol am I the only one that noticed his name is spelt wrong? It's Ketchum not Catchum XD

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Not a realistic scenario, but the characters don't really show any physical signs of puberty, so Ash is still 10 I think.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Ash with ABS! Hard to belive. His voice (voice actor) changes.
    Oh, and Ash caught two pokemon in like a day at the original once. He got eight pokemon, I think (not including those thiry Taurus) and he was disappointed. Now it's five pokemon and he's all happy.

JL3

FIRE AND DRAGON POKEMON TAMER!
    Years
    Actualy i think ASH does age b-cuz in the mini movie before the third movie ASH tells pikachu that its been a year since they met. And if he started his journey at ten then that day he turned 11. And if im right that means he turned 12 in the middle of the battle frontier.(i think)

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Obviously Ash's birthday was on a Leap year, so he only ages every few years. He's probably been around for thirty years or so, but because his BIRTHDAY never happens except for every few years, he doesn't age at your typical rate. Same with all the rest of the characters in the show. They all share a birthday that isn't annual like everyone else's.

PikaPi123

Pikachu Power!!!
    Years
    Oh, and Ash caught two pokemon in like a day at the original once. He got eight pokemon, I think (not including those thiry Taurus) and he was disappointed. Now it's five pokemon and he's all happy.

Yeah, because then Ash was all "Gotta catch'em all!!!" but now he's like "Forget about catching them all, lets be friends with the Pokemon!!!"

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Ash's birthday--Feburary 29th, leap year date, so yeah, his birthday only comes once every 4 years. He should be 12, since two leaps years have past, if he was a real human, which he isn't...
    Where do you even get that is his birthday?

SaintLuke

HARDCORE TRAINER
    Years
    Wow he is older then me XD but of course Dawn is his girlfriend or is it misty i am sure somebody likes him

Back