• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Ketchum Saviour of The World.......and wait, what, unknown?

Twero

ii'
    Years
    Umm, I might agree with you on the Orange League, but I'm afraid I can't really say the same thing in regards to Battle Frontier. I mean, the Battle brains were mentioned to be stronger than EVEN the elite 4 (this was mentioned in both of the games AS WELL AS the Anime), so I really wouldn't label them as weak (much less very weak) if I were you.
    When in anime and games it is mentioned?
    The Glories of Ash is mentioned in Battle Dome, remember? Ash has some things to be proud. =]

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well sure ok i mean i would think if he entered sinnoh after meeting all legends almost defeating all leagues and everything he would be adored and stuff. I mean harry potter has a bigger story then pokemon. Oh and the chosen one thing in post 2 is from kung pow a hilarious movie.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    When in anime and games it is mentioned?
    The Glories of Ash is mentioned in Battle Dome, remember? Ash has some things to be proud. =]

Ok, for the games, it's mentioned after you beat the Elite four and Scott announces his Battle Frontier to you. In the Anime, it's after Ash loses to Agatha (though barely), and Scott enters and tells Ash he's able to compete in the Battle Frontier, and the Battle Brains are stronger than even the elite 4.

Also, even though I haven't watched the AG episodes (Nor many of the Johto eps, though the only reason why I didn't watch much of them was because KidsWB decided to do that horrendous Socka Party commercial, had it not been for that commercial I WOULD HAVE watched all of the Johto episodes.), I already know about it. I was only responding to what you commented on in regards to the Battle Frontier.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Ash is a nobody right? Well when Ash was in the battle frontier I recall him beating a Articuno and Regice yet he still loses to people and people are not amazed that he beat some Legendary pokemon.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Ash isn't someone to praise not when there are still so many trainers stronger than him. Plus it would all go to his head anyways.

You are right, so many people are stronger than he is. It seems he has trouble beating even the most random people.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Perhaps you're over-thingking something simple?

The fact of the matter is that Ash just so happens to be one of the main characters therefore he will see all legendaries, partake in all sorts of world-ending-catastrophes, save the world, and just so happen to stop the utter destruction of all humanity blah, blah, blah...

The entire "Chosen One" scenario from the second movie was all because Melody picked him for the tradition her people have because of the legend. No where before, during and after the movie did it say anywhere that he was born to stop whatever apocalypse the world may face. It's more of a showing up at the wrong place at the right time situation. Again, this is because he is the main character and as you should all have noticed by now regardless of what book, movie, comic, poem, story, anime, cartoon whatever it is...the main character, almost, all of the time shows up to save the day.

Truth be told Ash shows up in a certain town, a certain disaster befalls the town and Ash saves the day. He's one of the good guys, the hero of the anime ergo he will step up and save the day and go on his merry way to whatever other place he feels like heading to.

And if he were to have recognition for saving the world countless times it would feed his ego, as it would anyone and everyone, but he has greatly matured as the anime progresses and like I said before he may let it get to him at some level but it's not like he's going to make everyone else bow to him. Hello!

And as for him lacking skills, sure, at the start of the anime most, if not all, of his badges were more of a...lucky fluke but over time he has shown great skills as a trainer. Yes, he will be beaten, after all, we're talking about your regular run-of-the-hill trainer not some sort of God. It just evens out. I love the character but I don't want to see him beat everyone. It's just to maintain a certain level of realism to it.
    "Can't beat 'em all." after all.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    No where before, during and after the movie did it say anywhere that he was born to stop whatever apocalypse the world may face.

Except for the second movie. But it really doesn't matter because most movies have a global crisis of the day but not really anyway. So it isn't really that surprising that Ash would be there at exactly the right time. After all, we wouldn't have much of a story if he wasn't.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    Except for the second movie. But it really doesn't matter because most movies have a global crisis of the day but not really anyway. So it isn't really that surprising that Ash would be there at exactly the right time. After all, we wouldn't have much of a story if he wasn't.

Exactly! Part of the story.
    You said it better in that little bit than in that whole mess I said lol

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    dang it!!! ash was a chosen one in an episode!!!(maybe mistakened for what he wears...)

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'm going to sum this up short and sweet.

Pokemon lives for the here and the now. Not the then. That's why Ash and co's released pokemon, old tournaments, old rivals, etc. are almost never spoken about. What would it be like, anyway, for a six year old watching pokemon to hear about the Orange leagues? The episodes don't show normally and I'm sure that the kid wouldn't take the initiative to look it up online.

I just wish that Ash would develop as a character. I'm sick of seeing him so stagnant.

I agree, and show could develop slightly aswell, I would like some more maturity but it is a kids programme so......
    hehehe they could make two versions of the each episode, a mature one that had more developed dialogue and plot structure but with almost the exact same story and the same outcome....but that would never happen...anyway they'd have to make sure that if you watched normal and then mature episodes alternatly that it matched up and made sense.....

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    If I were Ash, I would give up, I mean doing all the things you've done & still not even a "Hey, isn't that Ash Ketchum?"

Back