• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash losing in the two next tournaments - weird?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    I mean think about it. since July 2010, there were 3 important tournaments: Sinnoh league, Don Battle and Donnamaite. In all of them he lost.
    Now there will be 2 more tournaments with many competitors - Junior Cup and Unova league (and although these tournaments aren't leagues, they are also kind of leagues tournaments, with 16 competitors).

So, do you think there may be a situation that he would lose both? Considering the league is not far, he might lose in 5 (!) tournaments within 2 years and a half. I think that if he loses the Junior Cup, he might actually win the league, because it would be quite unfair.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I can honestly see them make Ash lose both. If they have another Don George Battle Club Tournament then I can see him winning it. As for the ones in question...

Junior Cup I feel they set it up for Trip to win, unless this rumored "new rival" comes in and wins it. The reason I say this is cause Trip wanted to battle Alder early and he refused so now he tries really hard to win the tournament and proof his worth to Alder and prove it in a match that he now can't refuse as he is the promised prize for the winner.

In terms of League Ash has been steadily improving on each league, so now may be the time they have him win. Though I thought Sinnoh would have been better since at least he maintained a little more of vet instincts. Ash team looks stacked for the Tournament with 10 pokemon rotation at least. Then if they have his old pokemon from the opening in the tournament he has a bunch of Big Guns at his disposal i.e. Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Torterra, Snorlax. It really looks like we have a chance to see everyone in Unova League so that increases the chances even more. Not to mention he has a fairly strong Unova team or at least the makings of one. I believe he can win the League its a matter of the writers letting him.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I usually find if the tournament has a good prize, like the viatmins in the Clubsplosion, then Ash will lose. So it really depends on that, lol

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I kinda like how Ash loses in the tournaments because if he won all the time then it would get boring and it shows that he can still improve. I think he'll win the Junior Cup, but not the Unova League.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I kinda like how Ash loses in the tournaments because if he won all the time then it would get boring and it shows that he can still improve. I think he'll win the Junior Cup, but not the Unova League.

Yeah but he doesn't have to lose ALL THE TIME, either, right ? He at least should win some of the tournaments ! In real life when you lose so many times like that, you wouldn't have the urge to try anymore !! just like we might even lose interest in him !!!

Back