• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Matures ??

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2009
    Over The series ive noticed ash becoming more responcible and serious,

in the ones with misty - he was carefree and a little idiotic
    in the ones with may - he was still the same but more serious
    ons with dawn (now) - hes serious less enthusiastic

i like good old pokemon with stupid ash,

so my question is,
    which as do u like better

Ash With Misty (stupid)
    Ash With May (middle)
    Ash With Dawn (serious)

Note this is not a shipping question,

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • The oldest episodes of Pokemon were the best. The new ones suck. Team Rocket were funny-stupid in them and so was Ash.
    The new episodes are boring and nothing funny happens.
    Now Team Rocket are annoying-stupid.

Tamaki

☆ Puh puh puh poker face ☆
    Years
  • The oldest episodes of Pokemon were the best. The new ones suck. Team Rocket were funny-stupid in them and so was Ash.
    The new episodes are boring and nothing funny happens.
    Now Team Rocket are annoying-stupid.

I agree with you 100%. The first season was awesommme, but then it just stopped being good. Not to mention the dubbing. >.< Dawn's voice makes me want to kill myselllllf.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    character developement
    of coarse he's going to become more serious and responsible.
    as Ash travels the world and learns new things, he begins to grow as well
    in the beginning of his journey he knew little about pokemon and was very excited because it was a brand new experiance~ Now its nothing new, sure its a new adventure, but he's matured up since his first day

but he's still a pathetic moron D:

I really don't care. I have no "favorite Ash", they're all stupid xD;;

-------

Lolnostalgia~ it could get DANGEROUS o:

Last edited:

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
    Years
  • Well in the beggining he was stupid sounded like a 10-13 boy should sound like. Then with may he sounded like he was going through puberty but getting serious. But now.. hes a wuss...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    You can't stay stupid for ever. If you do you fail in life.

Besides, Character Development is very important to keeping interest.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • I agree with you 100%. The first season was awesommme, but then it just stopped being good. Not to mention the dubbing. >.< Dawn's voice makes me want to kill myselllllf.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Love Ash's personality in the first 5 seasons(which contains almost all of my favorite episodes-the exception being the ones where Misty returns in Hoenn), it had my favorite characters in it (Besides May-I really like her, but not nearly as much as Misty. Oh, and Drew- love him!), plus, they had the best dubbing EVER. The new dubbing is the worst. I can't stand to watch a few episodes with the new voices. It made me sad that I couldn't watch the last season of Hoenn with regular voices. All the characters' voices fit perfectly in the original dub. :pink_nod:
    Especially Misty's. There was always a certain ring to her voice, and now it's gone. Ash's old voice captured his personality as well, only to be replaced. :pink_frown:

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    The new dubbing is the worst. I can't stand to watch a few episodes with the new voices. It made me sad that I couldn't watch the last season of Hoenn with regular voices. All the characters' voices fit perfectly in the original dub. :pink_nod:
    Especially Misty's. There was always a certain ring to her voice, and now it's gone. Ash's old voice captured his personality as well, only to be replaced. :pink_frown:

They can't keep the same voice actors forever you know. ._.;
    it was going to happen eventually anyways.

Zaerr

>(((°> Fishy!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2023
    I wish Ash would go back to how he was in the 1st season. Seriously, throwing rocks and using a bag to catch pokemon is the best way.

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
    Years
  • You can't stay stupid for ever. If you do you fail in life.

Besides, Character Development is very important to keeping interest.
    Apparently my entire life is an epic failure :S

I like the way Ash used to be when he was traveling with Misty. It was funny. ^_^ But he still has more to learn. He needs to stop releasing all his awesome Pokemon. I want to see his Pidgeot return at least once.

Completely agree >.<

I couldn't have said it better myself. Love Ash's personality in the first 5 seasons(which contains almost all of my favorite episodes-the exception being the ones where Misty returns in Hoenn), it had my favorite characters in it (Besides May-I really like her, but not nearly as much as Misty. Oh, and Drew- love him!), plus, they had the best dubbing EVER. The new dubbing is the worst. I can't stand to watch a few episodes with the new voices. It made me sad that I couldn't watch the last season of Hoenn with regular voices. All the characters' voices fit perfectly in the original dub.
    Ash Matures ??

Especially Misty's. There was always a certain ring to her voice, and now it's gone. Ash's old voice captured his personality as well, only to be replaced.
    To be honest I'm surprised I haven't seen a fan re-dub using a much more realistic translation like some people did with Yu-Gi-Oh.

Ash matures? BLASPHEMY!!!!!!

He remained a 10 year old for 10 years now!

I love you XD!

Last edited:

SpiderCarnage

This guy
    Years
  • Over The series ive noticed ash becoming more responcible and serious,

in the ones with misty - he was carefree and a little idiotic
    in the ones with may - he was still the same but more serious
    ons with dawn (now) - hes serious less enthusiastic

i like good old pokemon with stupid ash,

so my question is,
    which as do u like better

Ash With Misty (stupid)
    Ash With May (middle)
    Ash With Dawn (serious)

Note this is not a shipping question,

the ones with misty ash was cool & so was team rocket & in the new episodes the same Damn thing Brock hits on a girl croagunks poison jabs him the first time it was funny second third ect.. c'mon get a new idea

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    YEAH THEY CAN!!! 4Kids are still using those exact some voice actors for they're dubs and
    will keep using them until they quit or die off...R.I.P. Meowth's VA...

no hun, they can't ;3
    and theres always the chance that they get fired, or replaced, or they just can't do the job anymore.

and If I'm correct 4kids isn't doing Pokemon anymore >.>

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • YEAH THEY CAN!!! 4Kids are still using those exact some voice actors for they're dubs and
    will keep using them until they quit or die off...R.I.P. Meowth's VA...

I know! I was shocked when a new company took over when 4Kids was doing just fine. Better than fine! They were doing spectacular! How do you think Pokemon became so popular in America in the first place? *sigh* I really wish 4Kids would get the license back and redub the episodes the episodes they didn't do. Although, I know it's too late now and that's probably not going to happen. (Also, I was very sad when I read that Meowth's voice actor died. :pink_cry: I still believe 4Kids woud've found a better replacement than the new company did. They were so good with finding the right voice. :pink_nod:)

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I like the first Ash. In Advance Generation and DP Generation, they're starting to make Ash a lot less important.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I know! I was shocked when a new company took over when 4Kids was doing just fine. Better than fine!

They were doing okay. Not fine or good but okay.

They were doing spectacular!

They were okay.

How do you think Pokemon became so popular in America in the first place?

The games.

*sigh* I really wish 4Kids would get the license back and redub the episodes the episodes they didn't do.

I doubt that they would re-dub the Kanto Battle Frontier saga and all of Sinnoh.

Although, I know it's too late now and that's probably not going to happen.

Most likely.

(Also, I was very sad when I read that Meowth's voice actor died. :pink_cry: I still believe 4Kids woud've found a better replacement than the new company did.

Dan Green should've done Meowth.

They were so good with finding the right voice. :pink_nod:)

Many filler girls were voiced by Lisa Ortiz who only has one voice.

Anyway, yes Ash has matured. You can't really expect him to stay the same way he was in Kanto for 3 series.

Back