• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ash new firetype ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    most of us have seen ashes pokemon and all he is missing is his water and fire type
    Rumors are going around that buizel will be his water type.
    but what about fire ?
    if you look at the pokedex https://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/newpokes.shtml
    magmotar and the chimchar gen. are the only new fire types
    since ashes rival has a elekid i think he will catch magby (since it has a new full evolution)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
    Things related to the anime usually fit in best in the TV Shows forum.
    Quite easy to remember. ;)

~moved~

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I already see his Aipom evolving into Ambipom...

But on track, I think he will pull Cyndaquil out of Prof. Oak's lab at one point or another.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    Things related to the anime usually fit in best in the TV Shows forum.
    Quite easy to remember. ;)

~moved~
    thanks again

I already see his Aipom evolving into Ambipom...

But on track, I think he will pull Cyndaquil out of Prof. Oak's lab at one point or another.
    i dont think so because that would be weird to have 1 of his past region pokemon with his new region pokemon on this whole new season
    ..then again maybe not idk
    what i really think he is going to catch a firetype that was on a previous region

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    It is also possible that Buizeru will be Hikari's second water type. From what I saw, the 10th movie poster seems to show Buizeru closer to Hikari than Ash. One of them will get it.

yea but on the poster it also show'd starvaria/mukkubird closer to hikari ;)
    so its an either or situation lol :)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    YOu have to take into account, magmortar, heatran (legendary) and the chimchar line are the only new pokemon, and pictures serebii revealed a few months back proved that chimchar will be one of brock's pokemon...

The fire pokemon one of the main characters doesnt have/didnt have are as follows: (This includes team rocket)
    Ponyta
    Magby (I could actually see this, to offset his rivals elekid...)
    Slugma
    Numel

So, from that logic, he'll either get a Slugma, Numel, Ponyta, Magby or pull cyndaquil out of oaks IF he does get a fire pokemon. Or Torkoal, which I doubt, as he used him a while =p I didn't count the evolved forms of pokemon in that list, because ash rarely catches evolved pokemon, besides Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Muk, and Primeape. (Not counting snorlax, as he was caught before munchlax was known =P) I also didn't count flareon, as ash isn't the type to force an eevee to evolve, and we've seen many trainers with flareon that are his friends xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    YOu have to take into account, magmortar, heatran (legendary) and the chimchar line are the only new pokemon, and pictures serebii revealed a few months back proved that chimchar will be one of brock's pokemon...

The fire pokemon one of the main characters doesnt have/didnt have are as follows: (This includes team rocket)
    Ponyta
    Magby (I could actually see this, to offset his rivals elekid...)
    Slugma
    Numel

So, from that logic, he'll either get a Slugma, Numel, Ponyta, Magby or pull cyndaquil out of oaks IF he does get a fire pokemon. Or Torkoal, which I doubt, as he used him a while =p I didn't count the evolved forms of pokemon in that list, because ash rarely catches evolved pokemon, besides Pidgeotto, Noctowl, Muk, and Primeape. (Not counting snorlax, as he was caught before munchlax was known =P) I also didn't count flareon, as ash isn't the type to force an eevee to evolve, and we've seen many trainers with flareon that are his friends xD
    yep i agree with the magby thing !
    im kinda hoping that he will catch a magby (i just dont like his magmar stage)

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I am thinking it be something like Magmortar since that is the only avaiable fire pokemon that there is.

There is the chance that Ash's Sinnoh rivil my just release his chimchar and Ash may get it which is something simlar when Ash got charmander. That is something that I think could happen. Still I don't really like any of the new fire pokemon but just some ideas.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    I am thinking it be something like Magmortar since that is the only avaiable fire pokemon that there is.

There is the chance that Ash's Sinnoh rivil my just release his chimchar and Ash may get it which is something simlar when Ash got charmander. That is something that I think could happen. Still I don't really like any of the new fire pokemon but just some ideas.

i doubt that he will because chimchar has lost a lot of battles for him but he kept it
    which he didnt even give those chances for his other ones (plus it was his starter )

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years

Read above =p Brock was confirmed a long time ago to be the one with chimchar =P Kinda like the last season, May = Torchic, Ash = Treecko, Brock = Mudkip. But you're right, Shinji will probably release it, and brock will protect it from team rocket or something, and it will decide to go with brock xD

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Ash could also get Charizard as it is still his pokemon and is only training.
    Also i hope if one of them does get Chimchar, when it evloves it becomes like charmelon and Charizard where when they first evolved. and if brock gets him it will be after bonsly evolves into Sudowudo

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    they released the names HIKAR= DAWN AND SHINJI=PAUL (ID RATHER MARY (FOR THE M GIRLS) AND SHANE FOR SHINJI LOOK HERE WWW.SEREBII.NET [/COLOR]
    id rather them keep things as they are
    instead of going through all that trouble making chimchar pauls starter pokemon, they might as well made brock catch one
    but anyway we are going off topic
    i wonder...

Ash could also get Charizard as it is still his pokemon and is only training.
    Also i hope if one of them does get Chimchar, when it evloves it becomes like charmelon and Charizard where when they first evolved. and if brock gets him it will be after bonsly evolves into Sudowudo
    in japan bonsly already evolved ionto sudowoodo
    and possibly he may get a hapinny/pinpuku(chansy pre evo.)
    Read above =p Brock was confirmed a long time ago to be the one with chimchar =P Kinda like the last season, May = Torchic, Ash = Treecko, Brock = Mudkip. But you're right, Shinji will probably release it, and brock will protect it from team rocket or something, and it will decide to go with brock xD
    i know what pic. yur talking about but it is still unconfirmed, the reason is because another pic. like that show Paul /Shiji calling out his chimchar,Dawn/Hikari calling out piplup,and ash calling out turtwig . and one more pic. show'd the possible teams of ash and the gang, there was no sign of a chimchar,the list from memory
    was
    brock
    sodowoodo
    croagunk
    happiny(probably got it from a nurse joy)

Ash
    pikachu
    aipom
    starvaria
    turtwig
    buizel(his or Dawns most likely its his)

Dawn
    piplup
    buneary
    pachirisu

(notice on the advanced gen. ash did not have a rival like Paul/shinji , so naturally brock captured mudkip.) i hope brock catches one though ...:(

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    I kinda don't hope that Brock gets Chimchar. I mean it just be kinda repeating what happen in Advance and just not really no real improvements. It be nice but I kinda miss it when Brock just had rock type pokemon. The poster could have been made to be like that to advertise the Diamond and Pearl starter pokemon.

Back