• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash without traveling peeps

Lash

Years
  • Hooray, opinion thread.

Anyways, how do you think Ash would be without any traveling companions, just he and his Pokemon going through a region without the pedo-eye candy chick and Brock? Do you think it would make him a better Pokemon trainer?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I reccomend that you watch the first episode of Kanto and the first and second episode of Sinnoh.

You'll get the answer: He wouldn't be able to protect himself and Pikachu or won't survive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    While we could do without the eye candy (whatever happened to normal, self-dignified girls who don't dress in skimpy clothing?) Brock is the reason Ash hasn't died of starvation or gotten jumped and killed by a pack of rabid Mightyena or something. But having only them two going around together for an entire region would be extremely boring.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    While we could do without the eye candy (whatever happened to normal, self-dignified girls who don't dress in skimpy clothing?) Brock is the reason Ash hasn't died of starvation or gotten jumped and killed by a pack of rabid Mightyena or something. But having only them two going around together for an entire region would be extremely boring.

Or lost in the woods because brock reads the maps. It would be boring and we would get to know less pokemon. No Piplup or Staryu and Ash wouldnt do contests so we wouldnt see that either.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Err... Ash didn't die of starvation in the Orange Islands, and he CERTAINLY didn't die of starvation while he was in Viridian Forest.

Though, still it does seem a bit strange for Ash to NOT be accompanied by at least one person on a journey.

EDIT: @~*HazaBazaFatale*~, didn't they STILL get lost in Johto despite Brock being the map guy? I mean, the only time that Brock seemed to be able to actually read a map was in Kanto, which even THEN, there were still misadventures ("Dig those Diglett", I'm looking at you).

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Ash is very social or something like that. So he makes lotsa friends, so that may be the reason why he travels with others

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • It'll be funny if Ash traveled alone.
    By the DP season, he'd probably have had some sort of mental break down and have interesting psychological flaws... which will actually add to his character.

It'll be interesting if Brock was replaced with another, more mature female character.
    Oh hell, throw in a few more eye-candies and make Pokemon a harem anime.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Ash should get a love interest (Not Misty), would make things interesting. But get rid of Dawn and if there has to be a female, bring in one who does Pokémon battles and beats Ash up or something.

Years
  • I'd love to see a mature female breeder, and I might hurt someone if we get ANOTHER girl who wants to be a Pokemon Coordinator YAY RIBBONZ!

I've grown tired of that....I want to see new male join the group, the male counterparts
    AND BLUE in the games do not get enough love.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Without Dawn and Brock...
    Ash would die.
    He can't survive two minutes without Brock feeding him like the odd mother figure he's grown to become, and without Dawn, no guy would even give him a second thought.

I mean, with skirts that short, how could Ash NOT be pimping them chicks out?
    Oh, but wait...
    he has to do it Japanese style.
    So, less ghetto lingo, and more passive flirtation that leads to Ashx(oneo'dembroads) fanfics from 12 year-old squealy fangirls.

Ash is a total pimp. Let's face it. Because, if not for Ash, Brock would just disapprovingly wave a finger at the region's respective whore (except for Misty, who isn't nearly as such...she at least had personality. >.>)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Without Dawn and Brock...
    Ash would die.
    He can't survive two minutes without Brock feeding him like the odd mother figure he's grown to become, and without Dawn, no guy would even give him a second thought.

err... I thought Ash survived plenty on the Orange Islands (sure, he was with Misty and Tracey, but he wasn't with Brock, so he was still able to survive on the islands.), not to mention he survived Viridian Forest, which was before he even met Brock anyways.

Also, since Brock is going to be gone briefly, let's see if Ash and Dawn do the thing you theorize would do it (though I'll bet that he will still have a second thought.)

I mean, with skirts that short, how could Ash NOT be pimping them chicks out?
    Oh, but wait...
    he has to do it Japanese style.
    So, less ghetto lingo, and more passive flirtation that leads to Ashx(oneo'dembroads) fanfics from 12 year-old squealy fangirls.

ehh... considering he didn't try and hit on any girls with a similar outfit to Dawn or Misty, i don't think he would be doing that. He may be straight, but that doesn't mean he has to do that sort of thing. That sounds more like something Brock would do.

Ash is a total pimp. Let's face it. Because, if not for Ash, Brock would just disapprovingly wave a finger at the region's respective whore (except for Misty, who isn't nearly as such...she at least had personality. >.>)

Well, I'll at least agree with you on Misty, at least she doesn't ACT like an airhead most of the time.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Interesting why people pay attention to Kanto/OI Misty and not Johto. XD no insult to either of you of course.

Ash being alone is bad for the world.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • Oh, gravity, why does everyone get into such a ridiculous frenzy over the "eye candy" thing? The rest of the forums have bloody moved on already. Are you lot raised in private Christian schools or something, cause if you seriously think that the girls in this show dress skankily, you obviously haven't been out enough, or seen what the rest of anime/Japanese video gaming has to offer.

Spending most of one's time following some guy around to cheer him on and rarely demonstrating one's battling skills is personality? Heck, I sure would love to be Gary then. His cheerleaders in Indigo had more personality than the entirety of the main cast.

Anyways, if Ash travelled alone, I could totally imagine the outcrys from angry feminists complaining about the lack of women representation on the show.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    If Ash was alone, he would get Butch Slapped by himself and revive his total Idiocy from Age 10.

He needs ONE sexy girl to avoid cat fight (Misty don't count. Obviously.). Some cool boy with a name of "Apollo van Sol" or something. And no more than 7 Pokemon. If these conditions are not met, he will die and become 10 again.

We don't want that. Pikachu was... wide, back then.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Spending most of one's time following some guy around to cheer him on and rarely demonstrating one's battling skills is personality? Heck, I sure would love to be Gary then. His cheerleaders in Indigo had more personality than the entirety of the main cast.

Ohh... Misty did FAR more than just cheer him on! I mean, she:

was the one who came up with the escape route in regards to St. Anne's sinking

was the one who stopped the Tentacool and Tentacruel invasion

was the one who "defeated" gastly, in a sense

was the one who ultimately stopped the Backpack-switching thief

was the one who won the Princess Festival

was the one who saved Cerulean Gym during TR's attack on the Mermaid thing

was the one who Identified Greenfield

was the one who got Ash and Brock to New Island

was the one who saved Ash in the Second movie

was the one who foiled the breeding scam

was the one who got the people of Kabuto Island evacuated when it was dissolving from
    the Kabuto's resurrecton

placed top 8 in the Whirl cup

was the co-brain behind the Silver rescue attempt

was the one who saved the giant Magcargo

was the one who stopped the Fuschia gym take over

was the one who won the race in the fifth movie

was responsible for Heracross deciding to stop the Pinsir from stealing all the sap

was the reason why Ash was able to challenge Blaine,

was (albeit partially) the reason why Ash was able to get Mewtwo to the spring

was the one who stopped Ash from trying to get revenge on the Quagsire for stealing the GS ball

was the reason why the Corsola farm wasn't taken over by a rogue Corsola (and her
    Corsola can vouch, since her corsola is the same one that tried to attack the farm while it was wild.)

among other things (Believe me, I know a LOT more about the stuff Misty's done)...

Heck, she did far more than what she was credited for, so you, sir, should be ashamed of yourself for that comment of how she was nothing more than Ash's Cheerleader.

And BTW, her no-nonsense, courageous, headstrong, firey tendencies IS her personality, since that's the emotions/characteristics of her. Battling is a skill, not a personality, which means that, technically, ASH doesn't have personality, if you go by battles alone.

And, BTW, Misty isn't even COMPARABLE to Gary's Cheerleaders (They can't say anything more than some sort of Gary cheer, and if their muscle loses, they cry far more than swelltear [err, you know, that old nursery rhyme with the kid who cried so much his head swelled]!) . Heck, in regards to looks and how Dawn acts, Dawn acts MORE similar to Gary's cheerleaders! Heck, it seems as though Dawn's role (other than coordinator) is nothing more than Ash's cheerleader (she gets into a cheerleader outfit, and actually spends most of her time doing typical cheer chants.). I'm actually a bit surprised how you don't seem to notice or mind Dawn being similar to Gary's cheerleaders, and yet you seem to compare Misty to them despite not being similar at all.

Sorry for that post, but saying stuff like that really gets angering, since I view it as an insult (even if it were true).

Anyways, on topic, I still think that it might be weird for Ash not to have someone around (and, yes, I know that he isn't a good cook, they referenced that he wasn't a good one countless times.), but I still deny that Brock is how Ash is able to get nourishment since he seemed to do fine in the Orange Islands.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • The cheerleader thing was a joke. And while I'm on a roll, I'm going to make another joke. No wonder you're a fan of Misty. You explode just as easily.

And the list of things you said Misty does? Wow. That much devotion to a fictional character? You seriously need to get laid. Then again, that much devotion to a real girl would be just creepy, but at least said girl actually breathes air and has actual emotions not controlled by some writer.

Back