• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Yes, Drew, I would also like the link to that interview.

Logically, he should be around fourteen through sixteen of age, but cartoon destroys all of that with that age-less thing.

Take a look at Grim's Adventure with Billy and Mandy!

Ta-da. It's a cartoon. There's no reason to think that Pokemon is ANY different from any of the other multiple forms of serial fiction with a heavily condensed passage of time.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Is asking anything about Pokemon really that important? :P It's just fun

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2009
    The Pokemon World has different rules to ours I'd say trainers never age and when they settle down and stop traveling then they star ageing

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    lol that makes less sense xD. Ash stays 10, he was the same height and had same voice as Kanto. But he just acts a little different. He still cries way too easily like at the end of Giratina and the Bouquet of the Sky. He didn't even like Shaymin and he cried because it left lol

Years
    This is one very famous and active thread. xD
    I never knew the age of a character could be so relevant and so much discussed. xD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years

Yeah this is sorta important to me and some people, cause like,,, You have to think about it, How old is he?
    It seems to me that most people are interested in his age, but like Randomspot and I have said, his age is endless and limitless, as to it always stayed to the age of ten to eleven.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    It seems to me that most people are interested in his age, but like Randomspot and I have said, his age is endless and limitless, as to it always stayed to the age of ten to eleven.

Well even if his age stays the same, doesnt it seem cool to attempt to figure his logical age?? Like eventhough he technicly doesnt age, Theres still tiny hints in the show.. So I think its interesting to try to figure the correct age Ash Would be.

Years
    I think this will soon be an age old question. (gasp)
    Sorry, if I was rude, but it's just that it's been already 8 pages, when thousands of people have already posted that he should be __ (insert age there)
    I seriously always thought he was 16, but he doesn't look like it.
    He has to be at least 11.

gigabyte8877

Cant wait for Platinum
    Years
    I think this will soon be an age old question. (gasp)
    Sorry, if I was rude, but it's just that it's been already 8 pages, when thousands of people have already posted that he should be __ (insert age there)
    I seriously always thought he was 16, but he doesn't look like it.
    He has to be at least 11.

I understand what your saying there.. But I just like to see what people say, and how they figured that.. It just baffles me that people say this is dumb, because if its so simple, why post?

But I like it that people keep posting there estimates:)

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    In the show, Ash is 10. He never ages simply because it keeps it more simple that way. Pokemon trainer's start their journey at age ten (which is dumb since they're all in 5th grade and have education, which means everyone is pretty stupid), and so they make Ash stay ten.

However, pokemon came out in 1995. I remember cause that's what it said on my pokemon red... So he's 26 at least, but we can't have that since we don't want to watch an adult capture pokemon.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    About the whole floating time line it makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. There have been, like what, 16 Simpsons Christmas specials yet Bart is still 10, Lisa's still 8 and Homer and Marge are still 42 (-ish).

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Ash's Age

Ash's Age

This is one theory. It's from Pokesho.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    If only Pokemon really was that way...

Nice comic. xD Is that girl at the bottom with the red hair supposed to be Misty? Awww...

But anyway, I say that Ash is, like, 15 by now. If not, he has to be at least 11 because of the whole Pikachu movie short with the Pichu and that party...

Back