• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Chimchar evolve?

Super Pichu

Pichu Lover
Years
  • I was looking at the posyer for the new movie and saw this monferno,
    ashsmonferno-1.jpg

Does this mean it will evolve by the release of the new movie?

Years
  • Well, its not 100% certain - it may be a Moukazaru belonging to an original character, after all - but it's fairly likely that Hikozaru will evolve some time soon. It's widely speculated that this will happen during the full battle between Shinji and Satoshi that airs next week and the week after.

Also, may I say that this information has been known since early March? :x

Edit: Before anyone points out that it is confirmed, I know; it's been pointed out to me. I'm only up to date with the episodes that 'PocketMonsters have subbed. D:

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • It's been confirmed he will be evolving in either the Paul/Ash battle or the Uxie episode.

Symbol

Playing Pokemon White
    Years
  • Chimchar will evolve
    and Staravia will also evolve too.

I hope ashes team becomes PROFESSIONAL for once.

Pikachu
    Torterra
    Infernape
    Staraptor
    Gliscor
    Floatzel

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I hate how Ash would never have fully evolved Pokemon, he could of won at a Pokemon league by now had he of. I guess thats the point of the show though, when Ash eventually gets a strong enough team to finally be champion. I understand the bond between him and his pokemon takes them far, but it will only take them so far. Even if they evolved, they would still be close of course. I would like to see Chimchar evolve all the way to an Infernape. He is my favorite Sinnoh pokemon, and I don't like many of the Sinnoh ones.

Years
  • if you read the episode guide you see that in two more monthes ash and paul will have a full battle six on six and i think they will get to some point where they each have one pokemon left (the little monket at ash) and it will evolve......but it's not certin (the evolving part)
    =]

Hikozaru's evolution was already confirmed in the DP132 preview.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I've already noticed the Monferno in the poster, since none of the main characters's Pokemon evolve during movies, it's obvious that Chimchar will evolve in the episodes that are going to come out soon, then again it could belong to one of the characters from the movie.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah Ash's Chimchar will evolve during Ash and Paul's battle probablly the last fight and chimchar (monferno) will still lose and ash will be happy cause it tried its hardest.
    THis is not 100% true it is just what i think

Back