• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Death-Defying Stunts

Bastiko Pradhana

claims not to be Pikachu
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    During certain times in the series, Ash has done stunts that would normally be considered dangerous and certainly risky. Yet miraculously, he always seems to survive the ordeal.

What do you think is Ash's most dangerous stunt that he has attempted? (For me, I think that occurred at the beginning of the Orange Islands, when Ash tried to rescue the Lapras from Team Rocket, and he jumped from a moving bike to the moving truck with the Lapras, and then again when the bed of the truck fell off the cliff edge with both.)

Years
    Every time Ash did Death Defying Stunts in seasons 1,2,3 & 4 his stunts always scared the living daylights out of Misty, despite almost getting himself killed numerous times Ash always bounces back

AngelMina

+Im Back+
    Years
    Yes, I agree, Ash did soooooooo many crazzzzy and dangerous stunts ,that if someone IRL did a stunt like he did would have probably gottan badly injured, or worsed get themselves killed o.o

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Oh how about that one... *is trying to remember* in the episode where Chikorita is really jealous of Pikachu, and she stays in that Dr. Joy's greenhouse place? I think the episode's called "Chikorita's Big Upset", and in it Ash has to rescue Pikachu and Chikorita from a big Team Rocket robot that looks like a bunch of tires and junk. He asks Heracross to hurl him at their robot's head (really high up!) and it misses and he fall into a pile of tires! THEN he climbs up a water tower or something, and tries to jump on it again, only to miss and fall AGAIN. Though that time he was caught by Chikorita's vines. Talk about a human football. >_<

Years
    hes teh pokemon trainer of steel fwar
    he is kinda a massive stunt man or just to attached to his pokemon O.o

Years
    Pity he didn't go splat eh?

The Orange Island intro and wossname, the tire robot are good ones.

I'd say him coming in between Mew's and Mewtwo's blasts in the first movie. Yes, he was trying to stop them but coming in between after they charged up and couldn't power down? At least it was one in which he didn't survive outside his own means but either way, it was reckless. Stupid stunt (although it worked).

Recent memory had two things: has him climb up Vicious' mecha and they fighting near the controls and both fell off. At least Vicious had body armor to cushion his fall but Ash didn't and he fell recklessly. Completely stupid stunt.

The final one is when he latched on to Vicious as the Elite Rocket took off on his rocket pack and stopped when they were hundreds of feet in the air. And apparently Ash didn't grasp how he was going to get down (although Vicious helped him with that. Heheh) as he was flying piggyback and what if Celebi was unconscious? It's a really big gambit. Had to be but it was quite reckless. Actually, it was reckless in its purest form.

Years
    You all should know by now that Ash has close calls in every movie that's ever been produced! The worst scenario, of course, is the first one. Man, you are right, Dark Weezing. Ash is reckless. (though that doesn't ever suprise me. I mean, we're talking about Ash here!)

Years
    Well, dqle, the thing was with the first movie, Ash coming between the blasts: that was more brave and bravado and last ditch effort but what do they say about brave and stupid? It's a razor thin line.

Although as I think about it, anyone notice him almost plunging on the staircase after he fell off the roof? He couldn't think of another way down?

The second movie was more Team Rocket's reckless stunts (the best part of the movie actually) than Ash's. The third one was more...him going vs meta Entei with his basic Pokemon, and although he had Charizard but that was more deus ex machina writing. He couldn't have known to benefit from that. So quite reckless on being non prepared.

The fourth did it for me for reckless supreme. Although the past several movies, he's been less reckless but he's had his stupid moments.

Eventually, the writers are going to run out of ideas to save him out of these plotholes. ;)

(My name isn't underlined, dqle, just the same as yours, Dark Weezing. Hee.)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    "Just a reminder, these are professional cartoon characters. So, don't try any of these stunts at home, kids."

That line should've been used when Ash jumped on Vicious' rocket and fell from the air. (There are so many things they could SPCize in the show... hee hee...)

StephenPokemon Master

Me X ChakiChu from Janime
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 11, 2006
    I think that Ash's best Death Defying stunt is in Pokemon Heroes when he jumps off the boat to try and get on Aerodactyl to save Latias...or was it Latios?(I always get the names mixed up....)

Years
    Uh, I underline names just to, ya know, identify that person. It's a tradition for me, really. I know nobody's name is really underlined. I just want to stress importance to that person.

Sorry for any misunderstanding, Dark Weezing.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    A stunt that should have just killed Ash to me was when Ash was wave racing against what-her-name in the Orange League in is first battle. He and Lapras hit the beach. Ash flys off and hits a tree. Most people will crack their skull and die but he just keeps on going.

My idea of waht happens: When Ash dies during a shot. They stop production for a few seconds and then takes out another Ash from a box. Program him and tada!! Production begins again and everybody doesn't notice a thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2005
    *this is kinzu kiwi, for some reason*

reyna_de_la_fire said:
    My idea of what happens: When Ash dies during a shot. They stop production for a few seconds and then takes out another Ash from a box. Program him and tada!! Production begins again and everybody doesn't notice a thing.

Lol! That's hilarious!

...I'm Kinzu kiwi, yet right now i'm kinzu. How weird.

Fury of Ninetales

I'm back!
    Years
    you might as well rename ash Jackie Chan. those stunts r insane. they're r so many that i can't even count them all. something even as simple as in the 7th movie when ash (or was it Tori?) climbed up those block thingies that had faces on them while deoxys and rayquaza were fighting right near him would b hard 4 stuntmen 2 do.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    How about when he had bayleef(spelling ok?) launch him up to team rocket's balloon so he could try to get his badges back, but he missed and fell onto dragonair(spelling??) if he missed that one then it'd just be like WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! SPLAT!

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    i think he's most dangerous stunt was when he went looking for pickachu in that big snowstorm

Years
    misty-slave09 said:
    i think he's most dangerous stunt was when he went looking for pickachu in that big snowstorm

Which one? I think the snowstorm in "Snow Way Out" was the worst one and it was touching despite being so stupid. Complete with the effect of Brock and Misty not even asking out of concern what happened to him when they found him.

Geez, some friends.

Anyway, reckless ness from Ash today, hmm...I think him climbing that mountain for Dan's test in the second OI episode. It's funny as Dan didn't have any safeguards as some of his opponents might not be climbers? It seems reckless to risk your life for a piece of tin, especially since there were other gyms around, right?

Oy...

Edit: no worries, dqle. Hee.

Back