• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's father

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    I know it don't interest many people, but who the heck is Ash's father?! What's his story exactly?

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2015
    They were rumors floating around the internet years ago that specilated that giovannie was ashes father

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    There are... many theories behind this. The Giovanni one is backed by the statement that Delia was apparently part of Team Rocket for a while- "In Pokémon Live!, it is stated that Delia dated Giovanni and was in his gang, but took a better route in life when she met Ash's father, though this might not be the case in the anime." [x] People seem to ignore that last bit. That's a popular theory though.

Another popular one is that his dad is Professor Oak, and apparently there's some "proof" in a few episodes that they've got a thing. I mean, they do appear to go everywhere together, but then again there's like nobody else in Pallet Town so.

One I've seen recently is that the narrator is his dad and he's not absent but way too involved. But the generally accepted-as-fact theory is that Ash's dad is a deadbeat who up and left Delia. "...according to Takeshi Shudō's novelization, Ash's father left home to go on a journey right after Ash was born, and never returned since." [x]

So, whatever. I think the Oak and Giovanni theories are more fun, but it's probably the last one really.

Stylemasterrr

Pokemon Brown
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    i like to think that ash's dad left on a rare pokemon collecting expedition and never returned.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here What I would like-

After winning the World Pokemon Tournament & becoming world champion , Ash finds out that his father is infect a Legendary Officer of ''International Police'' after his mother get kidnap by his father's enemy and Ash rescue to her with a help of ''unknown individual'' ! Therefore , Ash decide to join The ''International Police'' in hope of meeting his father someday . However he has to take 3 year of intense training in ''International Police Academy'' before he become an Officer .
    Next Gen , Ash goes to new region to investigate an Evil Team while helping the main character from game to win Gym Battle and looking for his father !!!

Let me honest , Its much better then watching the same eternal Loop of Ash going to new region , making new friend , Beating Gym leader and getting ass-kicked in the League .

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
    to be honest. I look at some things differently from most people. most people think it's Giovanni or Silver etc..
    But I think it's someone you know but really know nothing about.
    Looker.
    That's who I think ash's father is. you have no Idea who he really is so he might be ash's father. for all I know his real name could be Johnathan Ketchum.

PS: I've been thinking this for about a year now

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The only theory that remotely sounds interesting is the narrator one. That would just totally be the best thing tbh.

We probably won't ever know the identity of Ash's father though, but Masamitsu Hidaka, the storyboard artist for the anime, said that he may or may not appear, it all depends whether or not he'd be needed further for Ash's maturity growth as a trainer or s/t.

Back