• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Love Life

abish

iAMaFREAK
    Years
    For about five years of my experience of watching Pokemon, I've been convinced that Ash and Misty are going to be a couple. They're going to get married - they're going to do whatever two people do when they're in love. The scary thing is that Misty's a few years older than Ash (not that have any problems with that) - but in Advanced, it comes clear that Ash PROBABLY has a crush on May since we see May flirting with him in the first few episodes (well, that's my opinion) ... but who do you think Ash actually likes better? Misty or May (yeah, I can't get enough of Misty vs. May because since May was a replacement plan for Misty, I like to compare them A LOT). I think Ash is going to end up with May ... there MUST be a upcoming Advanced episode in the U.S. that shows that ... we had Ash with Misty - in the last episode in Master Quest and that episode in the Orange Island Adventures (used to be my favorite episode - got a recording of it - "Misty Meets Her Match" anybody remembers that one with Rudy in it?).

Years
    I really think that Ash would be with Misty at the end. No offense, but he did mention her in the sixth movie, if you don't remember.

Just wondering, but how do we know that Misty is any older than Ash is? The producers never mentioned anybody's age except Ash's and Gary's! Misty could be younger (although I really doubt it), or the same age (what I think). Either way, she is way more mature than Ash was in the beginning, but then again, I see that in the real world too. Some people are just that way, getting mature earlier than some others.

I really don't see flirting between Ash and May. Although there were some signs that may indicate that, they could also mean something else. Since May is the oldest sibling of her family, she's never had the luxury that Max has, an older sibling. Notice that she acts like she's a little kid just about everytime Brock's around her, but only a few times with Ash.

(I have a recording of that episode, too!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2005
    sheesh, guys.
    this is an anime that even 7 year olds view.

so

NO SNOGGING
    NO MARRIAGE

the best they can do is crushes, and ash will not 'end up' with anyone at the end of the anime.

Pichu2

Deep in my Pikachu!
    Years
    If you want to know my point is Ash has girls eyes looking than Brock! lol Misty has a crush on Ash (bike thing...). May has a crush on Ash (bike thing again). In the 2nd movie, it's Melody. There's in the match of the Silver Conference, there's girl that has a crush on him! But Ash didn't know that Misty loves him. ????People think...???? In the cds of Pokemon, she sang 2 songs to say that she loves him! Misty's song & He drives me crazy

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    dqle said:
    I really think that Ash would be with Misty at the end. No offense, but he did mention her in the sixth movie, if you don't remember. ...
    Not originally...

In the Japanese version Ash was still talking about him, Jirachi and the "Millennium Comet" while in the dubbed version he compare their friendship with Misty and himself. Reason why they change was... not to confuse "kids" with the mumbo-jumbo philosophy aka thinking that viewer wouldn't understand the analogy of the Millennium Comet and Max and Jirachi friendship.

Going back to the subject, if there was such thing, I rather see Ash and May together...for some reason... That's just my opinion. o.O

Misty seem troublesome. LOL

nayana_1120

... ._.;
    Years
    frednmethod said:
    the best they can do is crushes, and ash will not 'end up' with anyone at the end of the anime.

so true. ^^

I belive that Ash (or anyone for that matter) don't need to be put with someone at the end of the anime. Pokemon needs no romance.
    I also believe that ash has no love life ATM. He's training Pokemon and getting badges. Isn't that hard enough?
    Also, I don't think he's at the mentual maturity to have a love life (feel free to correct me; I may be wrong. O_O).

But IF.. IF... he does suddenly get a girlfriend (which I would be shocked), it would be misty, IMO. I think there are some solid hints for them. ^^

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
    It's clear that Misty has a crush on Ash but she often uses the bike excuses to cover it up. Ash never showed any intrest in Melody. And when Macey and Misty were argueing, Ash basically took that time to run away from Macey.

Some claim that the 2 songs "Misty's song" and "He drives me crazy" and a line from the sixth movie where Ash said "A good friend of my left and I miss her every day" as "the ultimate proof" that Misty has a crush on Ash and Ash on Misty too. (BigCN401 just beat me at it, lol)

I rather see Ash being together with Misty.

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ash is gona marry Latias! XD just kiding! but Latias did actually really "like" Ash in the 5th movie....
    but I acctually believe that May will get Ash! Im supporting them 100%! I dont see any vibes between Misty and Ash, all they do is fight with eachother...

Pichu2

Deep in my Pikachu!
    Years
    May has a crush on Ash! If you saw the first episode of the 6th season, you will see. Same excuse like Misty; the bike. Like the bike is ?BBQ? so she said why not to go with Ash!

Behind the fight... Misty likes him! :cheeky:

May = scared of pokemon first
    Misty = scared of bugs
    May = bike
    Misty = bike

Years
    LIke I said, May wants to have the experience of being a kid like Max. Notice she acts nearly the same way with both Ash and Brock, so I really don't think she has a crush on both, if either of them.

Still, I'm not convinced that Ash actually loves Misty like she does towards him. I really can't take the quote as strong evidence. At least, not yet.

Unfortunately, until the general idea of cartoons 'evolve' (pardon the pun), I have a feeling that Ash will never get together with Misty, at least, not during the show. I believe that the only way that would happen would be when the series ends (although I really doubt that will happen).

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    If they do do that at an end, then they beter make it a REALLY good end that makes up for all those dissapointed fans that will be rioting in the streets thanks to the show's end so that they forgive the makers. Which the makers will be unable to do in this or any other life time. :D

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I think Misty is a bit younger than Ash because in the 2nd movie Melody asks Misty If she is Ash's little sister. Little sister. And May only went w/ Ash so she would have a traveling buddy. So there.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    At the beginning of the series it was said that Ash was 10. Misty's bio confirmed her as 12. Done deal, methinks. But I digress.

If any pair were to be made (which I regard as unlikely) it will probably be Ash/Misty. I do believe that May has a crush on Ash, as has been said, but that does in no way mean that her feelings are requited, or even permanent. There's a great deal more Pokeshipping evidence than Advanceshipping. As far as I'm concerned, there's not much more to it.

Back