• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Phanpy [Spoiler alert]

misty-slave09

Kasumi<3
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    It was just revealed in the new episode of pokemon that aired in japan that Ash's Phanpy evolved into Donphan! What do U guys think about Ash's new pokemon? I'm glad that more of his pokemon are evolving. Now only if bulbasuar will evolve.

lickitung

Back and better than ever!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    It had to come at some time. I was suprised to hear that it evolved in this looked-like-a-filler episode.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Our little baby has evole. But Shadow does have a point. Phanpy looks to young becasue Donphan looke older and meaner. I mean why. This may effect our sweet little Phanpy/Donphan's personity. Remember when Treecko evole. Ego got bigger.

MistMermaid

Digimon is better!
    Years
    oh no sweet Phanpy evolved noooooooooo he wwould get meaner and bigger phanpy was sweet but now he evolved he is more powerful coool wow !!!

Years
    Considering how...blank Phanpy has been, it's kinda hard to care. But at least they haven't forgotten Evolutions and things like that.

I think it's just an apology for not using it for so long.

20 some episodes and it evolves, nice. Kinda.

Years
    reyna_de_la_fire said:
    I guess it is an apology but then isn't that what Ash wanted. I mean remember the episode where they first saw a Donphan. He was crazy and even tried to catch one. Now he has one.

Yeah but that was so long ago. And I know there is a colored Donphan episode at the end of Hoenn, so we'll see if he still has that desire. It's just more "Been so long, why care anymore?"

If say, some of his more prominent ones evolved, it would be a bigger deal.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Also a good point Dark Weezing. The anime spirct writers don't care to much to metion the past. I bet the episode with the shiny will not even metion Ash's want of a Donphan. Or maybe he is just happy he has a Phanpy?

I know what you mean there too. I mean look at Cyndaquil. He a pokemon that has been with Ash for a long time. He has been in more intense battles then little Phanpy. He took down a steelix and a scyter. Those are the ones I can come up with right now but it still prove the point.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Shadow of heroes said:
    Actually treeko was cuaght in the wild so who knows how old it is?Phanpy on the other hand was hatched from an egg.It must have gotten A LOT of training at Oak's.

Too bad that principle doesn't pan out in reality; time and time again in the anime the writers have sacrificed the principles and prerequisites for pok?mon evolution for the sake of convenience and plot-twisting. If Phanpy is evolving at the end of the Hoenn arc, it sounds like it's going to serve no purpose other than to punctuate the arc; something like a last memorable experience. I'm afraid there's likely no deeper meaning than that; seeing as it's one of Oak's misfits, he'll likely go back to rot with Kingler, Muk, and the rest.

The Shining Donphan has special meaning to me. I actually have one on my Silver version, as a personal note. I might compromise my refusal to watch the anime just to see it. If you haven't seen it yet, it's very beautiful. Silver skin and copper plating, if I remember correctly.

Back