• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Pikachu, Boy Or Girl?

What Do You Think Ash's Pikachu's Gender Is?

• Male

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Female

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • I Dunno...

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Entei Fan said:
    I think his Pikachu is a female , look at Jigglypuff (the one who travel with them) , she acts like a girl after her singing (aka "ARG!!! How can't they?! I show them! ARG!!!) , BTW In Hamsters , the females are the tough genger , and Pikachu was to proud to listen to a human boy in the first episode , there for , Ash's Pikachu is a Girl for me.
    When did Pikachu become a hamster? >_>

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    I've always believed Ash's Pikachu to be a male. There's numerous examples of evidence - he gets all starry-eyed when seeing Misty's sisters in "The Water Flowers of Cerulean City", he's carrying bags in "Princess Vs. Princess", he wears a top hat and tuxedo in "Go West, Young Meowth", etc. Plus, I'm almost certain Pikachu has been referred to as "he" on at least one occasion.

This topic's been debated numerous times before on other "Pok?mon" forums, and it's almost always decided in the end that Pikachu's a guy. Even the voice sounds male (despite Pikachu's voice being provided by Ikue Ohtani).

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I think Pikachu is a male! Why? I have no idea! I just do!

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    When did Pikachu become a hamster? >_>

Hmmmmmmm i always though he was a Hamster instead of a Mouse

Jesse GS the II said:
    I've always believed Ash's Pikachu to be a male. There's numerous examples of evidence - he wears a top hat and tuxedo in "Go West, Young Meowth".

But some girls also wear a tuxedo and a top hat

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Entei Fan said:
    But some girls also wear a tuxedo and a top hat

But it's more common male attire. Plus, Misty was seen wearing a dress in the same scene, while Ash and Brock also had tuxedos, so I think it's safe to say they were going with the "sharp-dressed-man" approach.

Back