• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Strongest/Weakest Pokemon

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I would have agreed if it was a different pokemon. One reason I differentiated Torterra from its Pre-Evos is because it changed dramatically. Its Speed was suppressed as it became a Grotle, later on, its Agility was too. However, its Defense was proven to be Solid. So, Torterra was so Different, BUT you convinced me that Torterra isn't really a weak PkMn of his team. Its not about his wins and such....its the writers choice not his Stat that make the difference..so....
    I think it is partly due to his defesive orientation as Torterra that he didn't fare well initially. I mean if you look at all his pokemon it seems maybe Torkoal and Donphan are somewhat defensive oriented other then that this team is usually bit on speed or brute force. I certainly agree, if the chance is given for Torterra to do some work I think he will take this moment to shine.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I reckon Sceptile was the strongest, it was constantly exceptional and even took down Darkrai! Then again, Heracross and Staraptor are consistently good too but don't get used enough! I think his weakest is probably between Donphan, Noctowl or quite possibly Scraggy.

Beaute

。◕‿◕。
    Years
    I feel like Ash's Chariard has the most potential, but other strong Pokemon are Pikachu, Staraptor, Sceptile, and a few others..

His weakest would have to be Scraggy ( as stated by many above).

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Of all of the ones I've seen in action, I'd say his strongest are:

• Pikachu
    • Torterra
    • Infernape
    • Buizel
    • Charizard

...and his weakest:

• Tepig
    • Scraggy
    • Tauros (since I don't think he trained them)
    • Muk (same as above)
    • Corphish
    • Gible
    • Lapras (since I don't remember it battling all that much)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    Just like most people are saying, Charizard is definitley his strongest, and as of BW Scraggy is probably his weakest, but you never know, cuz he did just hatch not too long ago. I wanna see Scraggy evolve and become super strong! I think that will be a change making a different pokemon of his weakest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    Weakest i'd have to guess one of the hoards of abandoned Tauros he has... strongest SHOULD be pikachu since he uses him every episode hahaha but in fact, by how they are depicted in the anime I would have to guess Charizard or Bulbasaur.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Charizard/Sceptile is one of his bests in my opinion, while his weakest might probably be Scraggy, it just won't show extreme strength and yeah. :'x .. I hate comparing Poke's. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    For me
    Pikachu - His starter and the one he most uses in battles.

Charizard - This topic is about the his strongest and not the ones he trains ^^. Charizar is Ash's Powerhouse Pokémon and is stronger than Infernape because of the latter to be fighting type.

Kingler - While not being called by Ash since the Johto League, Kingler in my opinion is very strong being able to defeat a Exeggutor, a Golbat and a Seadra in the same day and he/she knows Hyperbeam.

Donphan - Rollout is an awesome move with made me upset when Bianca's Miltank used it all the time when I battled her.

Sceptile - Without the doubt Ash's strongest Grass-type Pokémon. It even managed to defeat a Darkrai.

Staraptor - If Pidgeot still belonged to Ash, he/she would be his strongest Flying/Normal Pokémon, but Staraptor is also an awesome Pokémon, and I think it is the best Pokémon Ash had. (Yes even better than Infernape ^^).

Years
    Charizard for sure.
    Anime is totally different from game. In game, you just have 1 move in every turn. Type advantage does really matter. But in anime, if a pokemon could fly, it should be considered as a advantage.It allows Charizard has more moves and ways of attack.

Back