• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    My snorlax have 368 cp (powered) but the iv's status are pretty good min : 91.1 avg 92.2 max 93.3 so should i power up this poke?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the response. I suppose I'm wondering if it would be worth it to keep and use a low-IV Blastoise with a strong special attack.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Movesets > IVs.

Even a perfect IV Pokémon isn't really worth using if it has horrible attacks.

I wouldn't bother powering up that Blastoise, though. Wait to hatch a high IV Squirtle and work off that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    My snorlax have 368 cp (powered) but the iv's status are pretty good min : 91.1 avg 92.2 max 93.3 so should i power up this poke?

how many snorlax candy do you have?
    i only ask that as although it is definately worth powering that Snorlax up in the long term as you are unlikely to get a better one for months (or until gen iv is released) but soon you are likely to run out of candy before it is powerful enough to battle it (unless you have hatched multiple snorlax)
    if you are low on snorlax candy i would probably recommend saving it to power up when you have enough candy to get it up to a decent CP

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    That makes sense, thanks for the advice!

I'm curious what you consider high IV...

I have a squirtle and a warturtle in the mid 80 percentile.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    depends how obsessed you get with IV's, i started aiming for 80%+ but now im getting that im starting to look for 90%+ and im sure once i achieve that it will be 100%

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    that probably wouldnt get it very far, like i said that snorlax is definately worth investing in long term but spending stardust on it now will not get you much in terms of results

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Sounds great. I'm gonna make an etherpad, write something and send you a link so you can start proofreading! Anyone else interested just PM me.
    Ok. This will be my first experience with Etherpad but it looks simple enough.
    Note to self: Still trying to refrain myself on playing Pokemon Go... :(
    May I ask why you feel the need to stay away?

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Haha~ cause of the addiction of playing the game {XD}
    And the end of social life... -_-

Addiction to Pokemon Go would be more positive than addiction to any other game since it enforces an active lifestyle: walking around.

My social life has improved ever since the game started. Since everyone is A) outdoors or in popular meeting places and B) playing the game, you start talking to people you would never talk to otherwise, or you team up with your existing friends to go catch a bunch of mons.

---------------------

I have a question about the more advanced stats in this game:

Let's say I have one Drowzee in this category.

And a second Drowzee in this category.

Which of those are considered more important? Sorry for being really inexperienced with advanced Pokemon stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2016
    Can't place Pokemon even though I won gym

Hi all! Three times now I have won a gym - getting the "you won!" confirmation but it won't allow me to place a Pokemon at the gym. The gym just goes back the way it was before I won. Once, I beat the gym twice in a row and it still wouldn't let me place a Pokemon. This has happened at two different gyms. What gives?

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Hi all! Three times now I have won a gym - getting the "you won!" confirmation but it won't allow me to place a Pokemon at the gym. The gym just goes back the way it was before I won. Once, I beat the gym twice in a row and it still wouldn't let me place a Pokemon. This has happened at two different gyms. What gives?

The amount of pokemon a gym can hold depends on its level.

If you find an arena of an opposing team, you need to grind it down all the way to zero to put your pokemon in.

If you find an allied arena, you fight it to increase its level, after a level-up it can have one more pokemon, so you can add one.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2016
    How to know if you catch the rare pokemon?

I m just wondering how we can know if the pokemon that we caught is the rare or just common pokemon? Is pikachu rare or just common?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I m just wondering how we can know if the pokemon that we caught is the rare or just common pokemon? Is pikachu rare or just common?
    Rare is subjective. Some people find Scyther rare while others may have them running around all over the place in their backyard.

Pikachu might be rare in some places, but I know one of the parks in NYC that can spawn Pikachu at 10-15 minute intervals.

It all depends on your location.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Horizontal Orientation Problem on DOB screen

I am trying to run Pokemon Go on my Android car deck, which is always in horizontal orientation. I can't get past the Date of Birth screen because the accept/continue button is below the edge of the screen. I already tried using a physical keyboard and hitting tab/spacebar/enter - no luck.

How do I force the app to accept input on the screen?

Back