• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    IVs are factored into CP already.

E.g. you'll never get a CP3500 Dragonite if yours doesn't have 100% perfect IVs.

Every Pokémon has different base stats.

CP is (Attack * Defense0.5 * Stamina0.5 / 10) rounded down.

Where:
    Attack = (BaseAttack + AttackIV) * TotalCpMultiplier
    Defense = (BaseDefense + DefenseIV) * TotalCpMultiplier
    Stamina = (BaseStamina + StaminaIV) * TotalCpMultiplier

TotalCpMultiplier varies per Pokémon level.

E.g. you'll never get a CP3000 Alakazam due to base stats (specifically caps at CP1813 at level 40 with perfect IVs).

CP upon evolution determined based on the Pokémon's level (read: Pokémon's level, not player's level). A level 20 Magikarp (CP150 with perfect IVs) will evolve into a level 20 Gyarados (CP1536 Gyarados with perfect IVs). No more, no less.

There is no mystery here.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Pokemon have a level (which can be increased by 0.5 by powering it up until you reach your trainer level + 1.5) and they have IVs. The IVs cannot be changed in any way.

So if you are, lets say, level 25, and you have 10 Snorlax, and you power them all up until the power up button turns grey, which means they are now all exactly level 26.5, the one with the highest IVs will have the best values.

Evolving does not change the pokemon level or the IVs.

The best pokemon have the best IVs combined with a good moveset. If the pokemon is weak because the level is low, that is something you can fix with candy and stardust by powering it up. Bad IVs and bad movesets cannot be fixed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2016
    This is combined by both. just use iv calculator and calculate your pokemon new cp, the higher the IV, the more potential to reach higher amount of CP.

VisualJae

Years
    No, I don't see what you're talking about.

1. Click link from above and provide email/birthdate.

2. Receive email notification.

3. Click link from email and provide new password.

4. Done.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Thank you for the replies!
    Guess I was just confuse after looking at the youtube videos on how some 100% ivs level up differently.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    i little help pls

I played pokemon like a crazy , i want to play it again .it says :unable to authenticate . please try again pokemon go. i read this is a ban . first thing is i used a fake coords to catch pokes like kangascan , tauros etc .. but i DIDN'T know this is a bad thing , i instaled that program beacuse i watched streams on youtube and twitch with 100 k + viewers (guys with 1 mil followers), nobody said nothing about it is a bad thing ! and after a 2-3 months they banned me ... for what reasson they accepted things like milions of ppl playing it with programs on twitch and they didn't say nothing ... how we suppose to know this is a bad thing and we ll get banned ... a big company can't stop fake pokemon on twitch ! i can stop somehting like a normal person ... they never said this is bannable and here we are banned and waiting to answer to my tickets ( 5) + i m waiting like 3 weeks .... srsly what i suppose to do ... i made to much work to give up for my account ... I WANT it again to continue to play

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2021
    You aren't the only person playing this game, the ticket service is having a hard time dealing with all the reports and people who used cheats such as the one you used without knowing the risks. It might take some weeks, if you haven't received a message back within 3 weeks then I would suggest you to send another message.

Good luck with getting your account back. I'm sure you learned your lesson with cheating.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    This guy is joking right?
    It was always pretty clear that GPS spoofing was going to be against the rules.
    If you can make a new account and actually the rules this time, you can still have plenty of fun doing things the hard way and actually walking out in the real world

VisualJae

Years
    Straight up cheated. The account's done.

Start a new account and play it the right way or don't play at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I played pokemon like a crazy , i want to play it again .it says :unable to authenticate . please try again pokemon go. i read this is a ban . first thing is i used a fake coords to catch pokes like kangascan , tauros etc .. but i DIDN'T know this is a bad thing , i instaled that program beacuse i watched streams on youtube and twitch with 100 k + viewers (guys with 1 mil followers), nobody said nothing about it is a bad thing ! and after a 2-3 months they banned me ... for what reasson they accepted things like milions of ppl playing it with programs on twitch and they didn't say nothing ... how we suppose to know this is a bad thing and we ll get banned ... a big company can't stop fake pokemon on twitch ! i can stop somehting like a normal person ... they never said this is bannable and here we are banned and waiting to answer to my tickets ( 5) + i m waiting like 3 weeks .... srsly what i suppose to do ... i made to much work to give up for my account ... I WANT it again to continue to play

There is no way you are getting it back because you cheated. A lot. As a matter of principle such an account should never be unbanned.

As a general rule, if you get an unfair advantage over other players, you should suspect cheating. If you need third party hacks to hack the game in order to get the unfair advantage, its cheating for sure.

Its basically the same for all games.

EDIT: And your tickets robarbly are being actively ignored. They read them, they delete them.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    i used a fake coords to catch pokes like kangascan , tauros etc .. but i DIDN'T know this is a bad thing , i instaled that program beacuse i watched streams on youtube and twitch with 100 k + viewers (guys with 1 mil followers), nobody said nothing about it is a bad thing ! and after a 2-3 months they banned me ... for what reasson they accepted things like milions of ppl playing it with programs on twitch and they didn't say nothing ... how we suppose to know this is a bad thing and we ll get banned ... a big company can't stop fake pokemon on twitch ! i can stop somehting like a normal person ... they never said this is bannable

Sorry buddy, but as a rule of thumb, "ignorance of the law is no excuse." And yes, using fake coordinates is listed as prohibited. https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/221993967 + https://www.nianticlabs.com/terms/pokemongo/en

You may be able to make a brand new PokeGo account, but that is tricky since you can only use Pokemon Trainer Club accounts (which I know nothing about) or Google Plus account (and I have read that it is against Google's terms of service to have more than one personal account).

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
    I told Pidgeycalc I have 89 pidgey candies
    and it outputs directions: evolve 8 pidgeys
    and evolution costs 12 each
    and Pidgeycalc is... a CALCUlator. what am i missing here

Similarly, its directions read "evolve 3 Rattata" when I told it I only have 73 Candy.

You don't get candy for evolving, do you? That seems backwards, since it costs candy to do it.

Last edited:
    Back