• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Atelier Dawn

pkmin3033

So I bought a moderately expensive and extremely large tablet back in June, and I now have an iPad too, because I've wanted to try my hand at digital art for a long time. I mostly do (or did, it's been a little while) traditional art in tiny sketchbooks which I might take pictures of at some point but for now it'll be just my digital art that doesn't make me want to curl up in a corner and cry. My art sucks, so please don't criticise me too much if at all because I am still learning and I have zero self-confidence and I shouldn't be doing this but oh well

About all I've really decided as of right now is that I don't like clean blocky shading, because it NEVER looks right when I do it. So all the art I ever do will likely have less defined shading. Sorry if that bothers anyone ^^;

I will probably prettify this post later with CSS and stuff. I may also post WIPs if that's acceptable, because my bigger WIPs will be WIPs for a long time. Otherwise there will be BIG update gaps. xD

Only two pics to share for now:

Wyn0WW5.png

Sleepy Bulbasaur I did as a test piece when I got my tablet! Turned out OKish I think but the shading is a tad weak and it turns out I couldn't do a proper background after all with the tools/skills I had.

Ljs194K.png

Hatsune Miku in her nightmarish Catch the Wave outfit I did for her birthday this year. Took me like a month and those hairpieces made me want to curl up and die more than once. But I'm...kinda sorta maybe a little bit proud of this?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Messy af Garbodor that is the second picture I've done in Procreate, and the first one coloured. It was somewhat intentional because I wanted grunge and it's a literal garbage Pokemon so slightly messy lines and shading seemed appropriate. I think I prefer using CSP to colour, but Procreate makes creating backgrounds sooooo much easier with the brushes and blending options!

Spoiler tagged because it's damn big:
Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I swear I'm not going to update every day, but I'm still in the "Oooh new toy!" phase with my iPad and Procreate so I'm spending a couple of hours in the afternoon sketching. At some point I'll organise all this...and make a damn art Twitter. xD

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

Spoiler:

Yeah, I'm making a Procreatedex. I will probably make a wordpress blog about this. xD

Back