• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aussie Pokémon Fans: We have got to start standing up for ourselves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    We need to let Nintendo and TPCi know we exist, because the Pokémon situation here needs a serious overhaul.

One. We need a Pokémon.com.au. Or at least a proper Pokémon.com/au/. Because right now, we have one page of links to other sites. That's it. That's our Pokémon site. No information about upcoming releases or distributions, just one single page of external links, some of which are broken. The US has a proper site, the UK has a proper site. We need one too.

Two. We have so far heard bupkis on the subject of Celebi. Distributions have been announced for the US, the UK, Germany, Norway... not Australia or New Zealand. And while we're on the subject of distributions, more notice, please! I almost missed getting Raikou because Bulbapedia gave me the impression the WFC distribution was only for Europe.

Three. Speaking of which, WFC. Some of us can't access wifi through our routers - we use DS Lite and have to mess around with our security settings, or we have no wifi routers, or the only hotspots for miles are password protected/use those "accept these terms" screens/just plain incompatible. We need the hotspot finder back.

Four. Release dates, oh my Arceus, release dates. Remember how we had to wait eleven days after the US release of HG/SS? Nearly two weeks of listening to US players exclaim over the rediscovered wonders of Johto and thinking to ourselves, "Gee, wish we could be having that much fun right about now." Black and White is at least only four days after the US, but why have staggered release dates at all? I mean, fine, you need to translate the games from Japanese, but once they're already in English...

Five. Prices! PRICES! SWEET GIRATINA IN THE DISTORTION WORLD, PRICES. I've done a little research. Preordering Black from Gamestop in the US: $34.99. Preordering from EB Games here: SIXTY-EIGHT DOLLARS. We are paying twice as much for the same game, even though the Aussie dollar is damn near parity with the greenback. And the 3DS? $250 in the States, $350 here. This is just ridiculous.

Bottom line: This has got to stop. Nintendo and TPCi need to treat their Antipodean customers with a bit more respect.

So, my fellow Australians, as a certain thick-eyebrowed Prime Minister said way too many times, what can we do to make Nintendo and TPCi sit up and listen to us? Petition? Angry letters? Kangaskhan stampede?

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    OH MY GOD 11 DAYS, THIS IS SUCH AN OUTRAGE.

Nintendo doesn't see as big a market in Australia than Japan or America, and they have no working currency calculators. It's like saying bears crap in woods, everyone knows this already.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • OH MY GOD 11 DAYS, THIS IS SUCH AN OUTRAGE.

Nintendo doesn't see as big a market in Australia than Japan or America, and they have no working currency calculators. It's like saying bears crap in woods, everyone knows this already.

I don't mind two weeks; that's fine.

But waiting SIX MONTHS for Kirby's Epic Yarn is a bit too much.

OT: The prices aren't Nintendo's fault. It's because our video game industry (or lack thereof) is a total pile of crap. Everything is more expensive here.

Personally, I like the Kangaskhan idea.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    I don't live in Australia, so I shouldn't be talking, but since Australia gets their games in English too, they should get it the exact same time as the rest of the english games releases.

Like what's the hold up, it's not like they're translating all over again.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I don't live in Australia, so I shouldn't be talking, but since Australia gets their games in English too, they should get it the exact same time as the rest of the english games releases.

Like what's the hold up, it's not like they're translating all over again.

I know it's not like they are inserting the word mate into the game or adding extra Kangaskhan or even changing lbs to kg.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Like what's the hold up, it's not like they're translating all over again.

Oh, no, it just takes SIX MONTHS for Nintendo to make it so that our Wii games are UNIQUE and can't be played on US consoles. NTSC -> PAL SURE TAKES AN ENTIRE HALF YEAR.

And they have to swim all the stuff over here too, because otherwise the swimming knives would destroy their boats.

Back