• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Australians get their Jirachi Event!

`Espeon

Is back! :D
    Years
    For once I thought I finally get my hands on a event Pokemon, since BigW is only a few minutes drive from my place. >.>

Then I checked the list of where the event will be on BigW's webpage.

The event is in New South Wales, ACT, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia AND Western Australia, but they guys at BigW/Nintendo couldn't be bothered to have the event in the Northern Territory as well?! >:O

People that like Pokemon exist out here too. >:C

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    I have to go to australia XD jajajajaja hey I got a Jirachi at a really high cost, I had to change a Registeel with a masterball to get it... it was correct or I coud get it for another price?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Here in Brazil we dont have any events :'(...

I HATE living here! Does anybody want to change with me?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Unfortunately these events in Au are generally a low key thing, I went to my local TRU today and was surprised to see two others with DS in hand.

Usually it's just me looking like a massive geek standing in the middle of a store playing pokemon :S

Why can't they be huge so I can hide amongst the masses! :P

That's true. I went to Big W yesterday to get mine and I actually had to mask an employee to turn it on. I didn't feel embarrassed or anything but he probably thought I was a retard.

when was the Manaphy event for platnium

In Australia, there never was one. There was one at JB Hi-Fi several years ago for Diamond and Pearl but that's long over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    I got mine on the 3rd after seeing an article in bulbapedia.

Info:
    Mild nature
    Loves to eat

HP30 Att25 Def5, 6 SpA23 SpD14 Speed7 IVs (def is either 5 or 6)

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    Jirachi Event

I don't know where else it was, BUT THERE WAS A JIRACHI EVENT!! HERE! IN AUSTRALIA!!! YES!!!!
    I am so happy! I don't think there has ever been a pokemon event in Australia (at least, for a long time). So yes. My first time getting a Legendary Pokemon NOT in the games :D

Did anyone else get one? What other countries got this event?

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    I didnt get it. Its the first iv heard but ill keep a look-out.
    Although i already have a jirachi il check it out.
    Im in europe so it might be a while untill we get it

.Awesome

Awesome.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 11, 2010
    I got it about 4 months ago here in the USA. A month before HG/SS came out here. :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah it was here in the US a few months back. I just never got to go to GameStop to get it. Oh well, I already have two Jirachis (s?)

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
    Years
    My friend went to it! Second event in Australia for me... I love my Jirachi. :) I got a Manaphy from the other one, but I already had one from Ranger :(

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
    eh, i never care for events as it is, im too lazy to go :p maybe for a gamestop one but nothing else ahaha :p they should have waaaay more wifi events though :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    There was already a thread about this but I went to Big W and got one...it had pretty $#1% IVs though :(

lusterclaw

learning trainer
    Years
    the event was in australia and for free at any big W. there was a arceos one asswell. i got a jirachi on my Diamond pearl 2platniums Heartgold and Soulsilver

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    *sigh* I was in big W just the other day. oh well.... i'm sure there will be another one in a few years..... right?

Back