• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: New Legends [OOC] [1 Spot: Earthbender]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Hmm... I can't really do anything about Caesar, I cannot imagine his traits as a girl >.< plus I've already RPd an unhealthy amount of female characters by now Yeah, I might try but, I can't really picture him (or his personality) in a girl :<

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
I feel like everyone's gonna change to a girl, and then we're all gonna have tons of girls and like 3 guys total. X( I think it's okay if we have a larger ratio of guys to girls, seeing how it's somewhat like that in the A:LoK world (although the original series begs to differ with Azula and her team lol)

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Yi isn't exactly overly-masculine as it is, so it shouldn't be too hard to change him to a girl. Heck, I think the only difficult part would be choosing another name. I don't have any problems roleplaying as female characters so I'd totally be up for switching.

@PJBottomz: Well nobody's actually changing genders yet, we're just seeing who's willing to.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Exactly what Geras said :) Don't you worry, we won't make anyone do something against their will, we're just making sure we can have a slightly-more-balanced group.

P.S. Swifty and I have changed our minds regarding the final date. If you're in the middle of writing an SU, I'd get it done today, or early tomorrow (Depending on your timezone, you know the drill), because -tomorrow- is the day we'll let you all know whom we've picked for the roles! We'll talk a bit back and forth to people via PMs to finish up little details, and then we'll let everyone know here in the OOC who's picked. Once again, you've all done a -smashing- job on the SUs, and I'm honestly quite surprised at the overall really good quality! So it's kind of sad that we have to say no to some of you, but it's best you prepare yourself, just in case :)

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, if you write in here that you don't mind being the other gender, I'll assume that Swifty and I can pick between either gender/either SU for you, and we'll be sure to let the person in question know whether their male or female equivalent is chosen. If chosen to be the other gender than what you signed up as, then yes, we'd need you to edit your existing SU :)

Long story short: You don't need to write a new SU/Edit your existing one, unless you've said yes to wanting to be the opposite gender -and- you've been picked for that opposite gender.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Exclamation: Oh boy master I must say I am most excited to see what happens, and to begin the halting of 'hostilities' by meatbags.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your patience, we have looked through all the sign-ups and chosen the characters that we find the most interesting, unique and thought out. Sorry if you have written a sign up and not been selected, there may be more chances in the future.

Air | Kalden | Sir Bastian
Earth | Caesar | EliteBeats
Water | Jeanne | Foxrally
Fire | Angelique | PJBottomz
Metal | Davian | Lord Sephear

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Sorry to everyone who wasn't picked: Let me tell you, it was REALLY god damn hard to choose between the SUs provided. So many colourful characters. Even if you didn't join, you should be proud of yourselves. You went way beyond at least mine expectations, and probably a bit above Swifty's too :3

Thanks for the interest, and stay tuned later on, in case we get people dropping out and we need replacements!

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
All hail the Avatar :D *bows down before Geras*
I honestly couldn't have thought of someone more fitting for the task than him :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Alright no biggie, thanks for the chance, good luck with the rp!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
W00! Congrats everybody! Let's defeat the "Currently unknown villains go here" And save the "World"!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
To all those accepted, you can now write up your brief history :) Only needs to be a few paragraphs, cover the main points aha.

Upbringing and their training are probably the most important things you'll need there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Due to a change of circumstance we are now Earthbender-less. We will be looking for a replacement shortly, if anyone is interested and wishes to apply please keep your eyes and ears open - don't start posting your applications just yet.

This is dead because we have a secret chatroom <_<

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, so, big announcement from us!

We are currently in need of an earthbender!
The one we had originally chosen was forced to drop out due to real-life stuff, so we're now looking for a new one :) Let's see those creative SUs come rolling in! Can you tell I'm excited? I'm excited.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'll revamp my water bender sign up to turn her into an earthbender :) Will work on that tonight I have class soon.

edit. all done

Name: Adamina (also called Mina)
Element: Earth Additional weapon: dao sword

earthbender___by_missnanoi-d4zocj5.jpg
Appearance:

Adamina stands at 5 foot 3 inches average height for a girl her age and weighs 110 pounds. She is very petite with wide innocent looking eyes colored a subtle gray in color. Her hair is a dark chocolate brown in color and she keeps it up in a ponytail with some of it framing her face.

Adamina has a very petite body type, not much muscle at all. In fact she has little to no physical strength. Though she can still fight and defend herself if the need arises. For her clothing choices she dresses in an orange sleeveless shirt that splits at her waist that she wears over a yellow sleeveless shirt with a green sleeveless coat over it over that she wears a brown belt around her waist. The coat goes down to her ankles. For pants she wears a simple pair of black capri pants on her feet she wears green flats.

Personality:

Adamina is very kind and soft spoken person. She isn't known for speaking her mind but she prefers it that way. After all she is smart enough to realize that if she doesn't speak often of the important things when the time comes for her to give input people are more likely to listen to her. Aside from being very intelligent she cares deeply for the well being of others, be they human, animals or plants. She holds a deep understanding for life, though that is due to her upbringing. She was taught that all life is valuable and wants nothing more than to teach that to others.

Though just because she is kind doesn't mean she can't handle herself. She is strong in a fight never backing down, never giving up. She always tries her absolute hardest in everything she does. She is also very sneaky, due to her small size and general quietness she has developed a habit of sneaking up on those she considers friends. Not just to keep up her training but to test their awareness as well.

Adamina also cares deeply about her friends. She will stand by them no matter what, through any hardship loyal to a fault. After all if she cares enough about someone to always stand on their side no matter what, she hopes her loyalty has gained her the same thing.

Brief History:

Adamina was born and raised in a small farming community in the Earth Nation. Her parents sheltered her due to her soft spoken nature but taught her to value all life and taught her how to care for the farm. This peaceful life was disrupted when Adamina was taken to the Avatar training camp. She withdrew into herself at the camp, making only a few friends and focusing on her training. Though there was always a part of her that knew she was not the avatar. When she returned from the camp she noticed her parents treated her a little different. They weren't open to letting her stray to far from home anymore. Restricting her to the farm. A fact which was fine with her.

Years later Adamina was perfectly happy with her life. Getting up before sunrise, training with her bending, then helping her father with the chores and her mother with breakfast. After that it was back to chores then more training for the rest of the day. Soon enough things changed yet again. Her family received word from Republic City telling them they were losing their land since they couldn't keep up on the payments for it. That night Adamina left her home leaving a note for her parents. She was going to Republic City to earn money to save the farm.

Sample Role-play:

Adamina smiled to herself as she knelt on the ground looking at the large rice fields before her. She loved her families farm. The sunshine, the fresh air, the earth. It was home to her all she had ever known, and at five years old she wouldn't have it any other way. "Mina can you come here please!" she heard her mother call her. Getting up she dusted dirt off her knees and took off running.

"Yes mom?" Adamina chimed coming to a stop and freezing when she saw three strange men standing before her mother and father.

"Mina do you remember what we told you?" her father asked kneeling before her.

"t-that s-someday I'd have to go away for a bit." Adamina said quietly looking from her father to the men.

"yes Mina, that time has come you have to go with my friends here for awhile." her father hugged her and picked her up.

"But...I don't want to go, do I have to?" she whispered and her father hugged her tighter before she was passed to her mother.

"We don't want you to go either darling, but this will be good for you. It will help you with your earth bending." her mother said softly. "after all your father and I can't train you"

"b-but." Adamina said again as he rmother handed her to one of the men.

"Hello Adamina, I'm Shu I'll be the one training you at the camp" he said and Adamina sniffled as Shu started to talk to her, distracting her as the left her home. Leaving the farm and her parents behind.

Last edited:
Back