• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awstats & GA & SC-- Compared???

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    I'm currently using statcounter for [link=https://pokedrome.com]PGS[/link] and while it is without doubt an excellent stats service, it drills down only my latest 100 logs and shows the results, which frankly sucks as I would like things more extensive and comparing the overall daily stuff, something which records more than 100, etc.

SO, I'm planning on either Awstats or Google Analytics. So, I need your opinions people? How are they? Do they keep track when the Log Size goes up, or what? Which would you recommend and why?

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    As far as I know, Awstats resides on your server while Google Analytics is remotely hosted. This means that if you're worried about data loss Awstats is the way to go, but from experience it creates massive logs - mine took up something like a tenth of my webspace. However, since it's on the same server and linking in you won't need to add extra code, and it's going to be more reliable.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Each stats program, for some weird reason, gives different results.

It's all a matter of how you want to look at your stuff.

Back