• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awww, aren't they adorable? :3

Do you like baby Pokemon?

• Yes

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • They're okay...:\

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

Myles

Seriously?
Years
  • Baby Pokemon defined by the TCG are Pokemon that a pre-evolved forms introduced after thier evolutions (e.g. all of these except Togepi and Riolu). But I, and most people seem to, think the breeding definition is better. Which is that any Pokemon that can't lay an egg, but's evolutions can, is a baby.

Anyway, yes I like baby Pokemon. My favourite would be Munchlax I think. It's also welcome because a Snorlax hatching out of an egg is a little weird. I don't like Happiny, I mean Chansey should have a baby, it's a little powerful to not have evolved, but Happiny just looks ugly imo.

I also like Tyrogue, mainly because it links the Hitmons together. Chimecho needed an evolution, badly. And yet it got a baby, what's up with that?

What I don't like about baby Pokemon is general, is the incense stuff. They should have just retconned the babies in imo.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like the original baby Pokemon but that's... about it. I don't like the retconned ones where the parents have to be holding items and whatnot. It's just really unnatural to me and I don't like it (not to mention I can never remember what needs what).

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    LOL...well if someone isn't a little bit persnickety. Thanks :pink_blankstare: I still consider it a baby since it isn't evo'd.

So that makes Onix, Scyther, Lapras, Hippototas, Tropius, Sneasel and Kangaskhan all baby pokemon, right?

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I like to look at them and smile because of their cuteness but I'd never use them in game or anything. They're pretty pointless in all honesty.

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I think baby Pokemon provide a good balance and put an interesting twist in the games. My personal favorite is Azurill, but I usually don't bother with baby Pokemon much. When filling out my PokeDex, it's sometimes fun and challenging to come across Pokemon that need to meet special requirements to evolve, like the babies.

Years
  • I think they're okay, I don't love them but I don't hate them.
    My favorite would have to be Pichu x]

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2014
    You forgot Larvitar :> I like riolu and lucario but I prefer riolu over lucario

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • The best "baby" pokemon would be Riolu! The rest... I dont really care about. Some of them dont even look like baby pokemon.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • LOL...well if someone isn't a little bit persnickety. Thanks :pink_blankstare: I still consider it a baby since it isn't evo'd.

I respect your opinion, since some other non-evolved pokemon are babies.

I like babies. They're teh basis why we have strong pokemon.

So that makes Onix, Scyther, Lapras, Hippototas, Tropius, Sneasel and Kangaskhan all baby pokemon, right?

Common sense! Do they look like infants huh(maybe their early years)? Sheesh.

I also consirered Bagon and Whismur too.

I think they are cute, but a bit useless in the games and not really necessary.

Without babies, there won't be adults. In the competative games, yes they can't stand a chance against all others.

Last edited:

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Hmmmm does the little mini kangaskan in kangaskans pouch can be considered a baby?

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • In my opinion, the baby pokemon differ from generation to generation.

Gen II had those that were unquestionably adorable and ones that were really cool and tough looking. Gen III had ones that were ignored because of their weakness or because of a higher stage. Gen IV? Iono, the most recent generation has thrown me completely off. I feel like the babies are more like random base stage Pokemon than anything else. While some of the second gen's babies looked tough, they had enough of a difference from their evolutions to seem like babies. Gen IV's babies mostly feel like a starter evolving into it's next stage.

My favorite? Pichu is one of my favorite all time Pokemon, let alone baby. :3

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Why remove a definitive definition of what a baby Pokemon is, which appears to be defined by the games and replace it with something as subjective as based on cuteness?

All Pokemon are babies when they come out of the egg until they grow up (not shown in games, but they're not that advanced), some (most) just don't have baby forms.

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I love the Baby Pokemon, mostly because of their cuteness ^^
    I don't think that there's too many, wouldn't mind maybe one or 2 more to be honest.
    Aaand my favourites are Pichu, Tyrogue and Wynaut ^^

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    God I always hated wynaut... its so... I dunno, so meh... and I hate it when a pokemon is completely average, I prefer pokemon that I completely hate or love

Back