• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Awww, don't cry! ;O;

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
  • So, as you know, we got over 150 new Pokemon. And with technoloy advancing, the cries are also much more advanced. From the slamming of the pillars in Conkeldur's cry to the squeking of Victini's (that cry makes me laugh), which is your favourite cry of the Unova bunch?

I love Jellicent's, and how it sounds like the sea and bubbles in Jellicent's cry. I just love it. <3 /is bias.

Sorry if this thread is a duplicate. I searched several pages and couldnt fid anything like it. D:

Kamitsure-chan

Massive Cynthia fangirl. :3
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Zoroark!!

I also really like Reshiram's, Sigilyph's, Oshawott's, and Chandelure's.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • My favorite cry is Lillipups. It kind of sounds like a little dog, which is very fitting. I, also, like Stoutlands cry.

Victini's is cute, but I find that it gets annoying after a while. I love how it squeaks, though. xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Victini's laugh can drive one crazy if you hear it for too long...at least what I feel when I was trying to capture one and kept escaping and crying...
    One of my favorite cries is Snivy as it's cute ^_^

Years
  • I think Victini's is quite cute. The Lillipup line all have very nice and fitting cries, Lillipup's is especially adorable. Gothitelle's is awesome.

Some other ones I think are nice are Lilligant, Archeops, Zorua and Zoroark, Reiniclus and Tynamo, which I think really sounds, um...electric-y?

Am I the only one who finds Musharna's creepy in some way though?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My favorite cry is Lillipups. It kind of sounds like a little dog, which is very fitting. I, also, like Stoutlands cry.

Victini's is cute, but I find that it gets annoying after a while. I love how it squeaks, though. xD

My boyfriend loves dogs, so he has a Stoutland. He named it after his own dog and keeps repeating its cry back to it.

Grrr-RUFF RUFF!

I love the cries that are so much more like what the Pokemon actually is. Vanillish's sounds like ice cube. Boldore's sounds like rocks scraping together. It's so fitting.

On a related topic, two cries I hate - Servine and Liepard. Those annoy the CRAP out of me.

Years
  • On a related topic, two cries I hate - Servine and Liepard. Those annoy the CRAP out of me.

I agree about servine, it's cry just doesn't seem...fitting for it. I liked liepard's though, thought it was quite cat like and fit the pokemon nicely.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I agree about servine, it's cry just doesn't seem...fitting for it. I liked liepard's though, thought it was quite cat like and fit the pokemon nicely.

It very well could be cat-like, it just annoys me, haha. Although I don't usually hear that kind of sound out of a cat (my family used to breed cats), it does somewhat seem fitting. Maybe I just think it's fitting because the Pokemon annoys me and the cry annoys me as well xD;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Loooooooooove the cries this generation. Emboar reminds me of Charizard, Lillipup sounds adorable like a real puppy - best cry evar, and everything else...just suits what they are. Like Frillish sounds like actual water etc. :D

Only cry I don't like... Stunfisk...XD;

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • My favourite is Elgyem and its evolution. So.... alien like and , well technological in a way XD idk it sounds so weird.

Okay i just evolved my Lampert, and Chandular's cry is really cool too XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    These are some of my favorite Pokemon cries:
    Victini - It sounds like cute laughter, mockingly cute laughter.
    Krookodile - Being a macho gator that he is, you hear a badass guitar riff whenever he appears.
    Chandelure - Sounds pretty supernatural, cool and eerie. Litwick's fits for a cute ghostie and Lampent's is funny (Sounds like "MmmmBLEEEH").
    Reshiram - It's cry sounds pretty and elegant.
    I also find Whimsicott, Yamask, and Sigilyph's cries to be cute.

Am I the only one who finds Musharna's creepy in some way though?
    Me, my sister, and my friend all find it creepy. Gothitelle also has a very creepy cry.

Last edited:

Bwazzam

*explosion noise*
    Years
  • I love Snivy's and it's evolution's cries. They might be my favourites...
    Odd, I know.

No one has mentioned how cute Liepard's cry is. It's cute. :0

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Stoutland's cry sounds so real, like something out of the anime.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Cinccino and Meloetta's cries are the best, in my opinion.
    Cinccino sounds kinda happy, and Meloetta's is THE coolest cry ever. (It is a Melody Pokemon, after all.)

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    The ice cream line actually sounds pretty nice. ;) But I love Chandelure's and Serperior's, plus all of the dragons.

Back