• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
    INTRODUCTION
    AndyP159 and Magneto20 return with an exciting new sequel to Septo Conquest!

STORY
    You play as Lance, who has woken up in a samaritan's house with amnesia. He and rival Rod were found in the same spot, one week apart, both with no recollection of past events or even their names. Lance is taken by a Professor to his lab, where he receives a Pokemon. Rod also receives a Pokemon and they set out on their quest to regain their idenities.

This is where the game then splits into one of the 3 possible 'parallel' storylines that you can play.

What are 'parallels'?
    Put it this way: Everyone goes through their lives making choices. Each choice will have a different outcome. When you make the choice, what happens to the other options? Do they just disappear?
    Well... probably. But anyway, that's the idea behind parallel universes; each choice has a different outcome, and this is what the 'parallel's are about.

At the start of the game, Lance will make a choice, it can go three ways. Whichever he chooses will determine the rest of the events of the game, which are all different depending on which parallel you play through.

CONCEPT OF POKEMON: THE PARALLELS
    For any of you who have played the Sega Saturn game Dark Saviour, the mechanics of this hack might seem familar (yeah, that game is the inspiration of this game, which was fantastic). Pokemon: The Parallels is basically three games in one. In each version of the game, the main character, Lance (the Elite 4 Lance, but with a radically enhanced personality) traverses the land (yet to be named), in search of his memories (he's an amnesiac). In each game, he gets caught up in a series of quite different events. I'll give you an example:

In one section of the game, Lance will arrive at a town called Galuf Town. In each version of the game (called a parallel), a different event will happen:
    Parallel 1: All the townspeople are dead, having being killed by 2 psychopathic criminal genuises. Galuf Tower, a tall building housing ancient Pokemon and talismans, has been trashed and as a result Lance can only explore the ground floor, where the only survivor challenges Lance to a Pokemon battle as he believes Lance is in league with the aforementioned 2 criminals.
    Parallel 2: Lance arrives in Galuf Town, and as in Parallel 2 the 2 criminal psychopaths have already been defeated and killed, all the townspeople are alive and buslting. Galuf Tower has NOT been trashed so Lance is free to explore the entire tower, whereupon he can meet the person he battled with in Parallel 1, but doesn't fight him (as the person has no reason to attack him as the tower has been trashed).
    Parallel 3: A cosmic disaster rips apart the land and the townspeople all flee in terror, leaving the entire of Galuf Town (and Galuf Tower) completely empty.

For another example of how the story may work:

The first leg of the story, and the only part of the story that remains the same in all 3 Parallels of the game, finds Lance arriving on a small island. He is amnesiac and does not know much about himself. He heads to a lab where a professor claiming to be his friend gives him a choice of Pokemon (the starters differ depending on the parallel). The Showman and Carl Phasno, 2 criminals in search of legendary Pokemon so they can become the world's most powerful trainers, burst into the lab demanding information from the professor. This is where the game then splits into the 3 different parallel storylines of the hack:

Parallel 1: The Quest for the Legendaries: The Showman and Carl Phasno (the main enemies in parallel 1) kill the professor and destroy the communications system, then flee. The world then doesn't know that the Showman and Carl Phasno are on a rampage to find 10 legendary Pokemon, and Lance must track them down and defeat them.
    Parallel 2: The quest for the Memories: In this parallel, Lance defeats the Showman and Carl Phasno in the lab, so they are no longer a threat. Lance then spends the rest of this parallel regaining his memory, finding familiar faces and battling against the 4 Lords, who are the main enemies in this parallel.
    Parallel 3: The Quest for the Dimensions: The Showman and Carl Phasno escape the lab but the communications system isn't destroyed, so the professor can warn the world against the 2 criminals and Lance can find and defeat them much quicker. But then SOMETHING (I won't say, it'll spoil the whole hack) really bad happens, bringing all 3 parallels together for an epic conflict. Cities get destroyed, people panic and Lance must hunt down the person who is responsible for the mess. This parallel brings all the storylines together so leaves no questions or storylines up in the air.

SCREENSHOTS

Professor Pat Pending introduces himself:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance arrives in Ceil Town:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Exploring Ceil Town:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance giving himself some sage advice in Parallel 2:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

New feature: People playing tracks on their i-Pod!
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Prof. Pat Pending is so intelligent that he doesn't need an aide! As this man, who Lance mistakes for an aide, explains:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

A tense encounter with The Showman, one of the 2 main villains in Parallel 1:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

A boy gives you some half-useful advice in Parallels 1+3:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

A very good point raised by some lady:
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

And finally, discovering that Prof. Pending's tea-maker has been killed!
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Constructive criticism is welcome, as with our previous hack (Septo Conquest).
    Also, if you have any questions, post them up here, and I, or AndyP159, will respond to them next time I/he am/is online.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    heeyyyy, if u need someone to help test ur demos/betas, just let me knowww!!
    im totally down for testin em out for ya.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    This sounds cool!
    Three parallels, eh? Cool...
    Well, I just found something weird.
    In Parallel 1 and 2 you say "The tower has been trashed"
    Is it really meant to be trashed in Parallel 2 as well?

Well, good luck!

Magneto20

Years
    This sounds cool!
    Three parallels, eh? Cool...
    Well, I just found something weird.
    In Parallel 1 and 2 you say "The tower has been trashed"
    Is it really meant to be trashed in Parallel 2 as well?

Well, good luck!

No, that was a typo. In Parallel 2 the tower isn't trashed, everyone is alive and everything is neat and tidy (completely opposite of Parallel 1).

Anyway, hello! It's been a while.
    Anyone know why this thread has been moved to the scarpbox?

Okay, so, updates:
    Lance Adventures is now going to be a hack of Emerald, because it would suit the parallel system better as there's more variety.

Each Parallel is going to have a different villain. In Parallel 1 the main villains are The Showman and Carl Phasno, two psychopathic criminals (think Joker from the Dark Knight). In Parallel 2, The Showman and Carl Phasno are dead, so the main villains this time are the "Four Lords". Basically they are the four lords over the four natural elements; Air, Earth, Fire and Water (though in the case of the pokemon types, it'll be Flying, Ground, Fire and Water). In Parallel 3, The Showman and Carl Phasno are still running around very much alive, but they're not the big threat they are in Parallel 1. Instead the main villain is Lance's foil, called Rod. It hasn't been decided whether the Four Lords will feature in Parallels 1 + 3 in some way yet.

I have 2 screenshots for you people:

Here, Lance explores the first town, Ceil Town, after waking up in a good samaritan's house with no recollection of how he got there (his amnesia issues will be fully explored in Parallel 2).
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance exploring Galuf Tower in Parallel 2.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

More updates to come soon. If you have any questions, post them up on here or message me and I will get answer your queries ASAP.

Also, here's a trailer to mine and AndyP159's current hack, Septo Conquest, of which Lance Adventures is a sequel to: https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAqRIfDQ_gQ://
    Please take 2 minutes out of your day to watch it. :classic:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Um, this is what it said when I clicked the link. :\
    The URL contained a malformed video ID.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah this is nice. i hope to see more. But be careful. Emerald is a tricky thing to hack. Backup like 5 times a day. And i mean it. Otherwise have fun hacking and bol!

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    Um, this is what it said when I clicked the link. :\
    The URL contained a malformed video ID.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAqRIfDQ_gQ

just remove the :// at the end an it will work :D

Yeah this is nice. i hope to see more. But be careful. Emerald is a tricky thing to hack. Backup like 5 times a day. And i mean it. Otherwise have fun hacking and bol!

I wish people would stop saying this, Emerald is not that unstable, in fact it is just like hacking any other ROM. And yes i backup every night, as i did with my other hacks. Untill you have hacked Emerald yourself, you guys need to stop saying that Emerald is unstable.

And on topic: Good luck with this Hack, i like the Lance idea. Very original.

Magneto20

Years
    Salutations to everyone. I have news!

Our first hack, Septo Conquest, is so close to completion so then we'll be able to do much more substantial work on Lance Adventures. Hooray!

We'ce come up with a new character recently: Lancelot. He's Lance's grandfather and plays a major part in Parallel 3. Also we were considering incorporating Clair (the 8th gym leader from G/S/C) into Lance Adventures.

And now for something we haven't done on this thread yet: a screenshot explanation of differences between the Parallels. Hopefully this will make the parallel system very clear to everyone.

In Ceil Town, the very first town Lance explores, there's a kid standing near a house. Depending on which Parallel one plays, his speech differs:

PARALLEL 1
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

PARALLEL 2
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

PARALLEL 3
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

And just for good measure, here are some more screenshots:

Lance arrives in Ceil Town (check out the truck) and is greeted by a samaritan.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance explores Ceil Springs.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance arrives in the second, as of yet unnamed, town.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Sgt. Custard

Novice Hacker
    Years
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=QAqRIfDQ_gQ
    I wish people would stop saying this, Emerald is not that unstable, in fact it is just like hacking any other ROM. And yes i backup every night, as i did with my other hacks. Untill you have hacked Emerald yourself, you guys need to stop saying that Emerald is unstable.

Emerald isn't that unstable, but funny things can happen to it. Once, I tried to edit the tileset for a map, but when I load the tileset having made a few minor changes, the whole tileset became irrepairably the corner of a blue tree, destroying my map I had spent 2 hours making.

Yes, I know I should have backed up earlier, but there we go, funny things just seem to happen with emerald.

Also, some programs don't work with emerald.

Last edited:

mrpwnageisme

I am teh smexyest
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 26, 2008
    looks like it's gonna be one of the best hacks right up there with pikamon

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
    looks like it's gonna be one of the best hacks right up there with pikamon

Thanks a lot! I'm glad people are pleased!

Anyway, I'm Andyp159, and co-producer of this hack!

We are currently waiting for a thread of Lance Adventures to be accepted into the Hack's Showcase, so until then, we are using a combination of this thread, and the prequel to this hack, Septo Conquest, which can be found within the Hacks Showcase section. (I would put up a link but i don't have enough posts to be able to at the minute).

In other news, we are currently working on some new scripts (perhaps some more sophisticated ones than before), some entirely new tile sets, (and editing some already existing ones to suit our needs more specifically) as well as the editing of the evolution of POKeMON, so you can catch all POKeMON - for example, machamp now evolves into Machoke at level 40, instead of through a trade, (which is obviously impossible on such ROMS), and the same applies to other pokemon, such as PORYGON, ONIX etc, as well as the EEVEE evolutions UMBREON and ESPEON, which were always very difficult to get in the original Emerald.
    In edition, we are editing the POKeDEX data, and plan on getting some more screenshots showing further progress very soon. We are even having a mess around with importing new music into the games, however we haven't had much success with that yet.

For anyone who played our debut hack, Septo Conquest, I think we all agree that our hacking skills have progressed far since we began that hack just over a year ago.

Hopefully more screeshots of progress will be on the way soon!

Last edited:

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
    You'll need more screenshots, and remove the ones which are

on the first page to be accepted to Hacks Showcase.

Thanks for the advise.

As you can see, Magneto20 has done the ideas you suggested. Hopefully, this should be accepted into the hacks showcase ASAP :P

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Hmmm....can you guys do major scripts? If not, I don't really think this'll be too much better than Septo...x.x
    Satirical humour doesn't always work...

Hmmm...like the new screens though...

Last edited:
    Back