• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    I'm kinda new to roms and that stuff, so I don't want to seem like a complete NEWB here, but what does it mean by parallel 1 or parallel 3?

(And don't say I'm a newb.)

Smileman

Scripter looking for a team
    Years
  • I'm kinda new to roms and that stuff, so I don't want to seem like a complete NEWB here, but what does it mean by parallel 1 or parallel 3?

(And don't say I'm a newb.)
    Newb, nah jk, It means if you do one thing you do parellel one and if you do something else you get you get a different parallel.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • Wait, what? Are they on different ROMs or what?

Yes, we are afraid they are for the time being. We COULD possibly put all of the ideas into one ROM at a later date, but for the time being we are sticking with three ROM's. Appologies for ruining it if you were thinking our scripting would be ABSOLOUTELY AMAZING!

Anyways, it turns out the thread has been moved to the hacks shocase - HOORAY!
    Thansk to BLAIZCHU and SEMELE!
    Also, i've FINALLY reached 15 posts, so can put Screens! Hooray!

Now, for those who don't know, our worrk on our debut hack, Septo Conquest has come to an end, as it has been released. It can be downloaded here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133175

This gives us much more time to spend on Lance Adventures, (unless more game threatening glitches are found.) However, we are trying to make sure that this game (Lance Adventures, not Septo Conquest) is as glitch fre as possible. We have started work on the routes after the second town, and hopefully more screenshots will arrive soon. Also, some work has been done developing some walking OW sprites for Lance, as well as the additions of some new scripts and events, as these screens show:

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

This is one of the new scripts, where Lance gets given a Charmander! Hooray! (Charmander is one of my favourites!)

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Here, this man upgrades Lance's Pokedex to the National Dex, enabling you to catch all the pokemon, right up to the Hoenn generation, (around 380 something i believe.)

(we are aware that the scripts are VERY bacic, but lets be honest, SEPTO CONQUEST got some MAJOR criticisms for the scripting we did there - we are learning all the time.)

Prof. Birch explains how Carl Phasno and the Showman lost their team of legendary pokemon.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The Samaritan who takes you in clearly has distate for children.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Lance talks to an unfriendly NPC in Parallel 2.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

For once, the aide at the lab isn't a scientist.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Prof. Birch arrives to see that his lab has been broken into in Parallel 1.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Some kid telling you some half-useful information in Parallels 1+3.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Why has no-one brought this fact up before?
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The first meeting with Rod, another amnesiac taken in by a samaritan. He's not really important in Parallel 1, but gets a bigger role in Parallel 2+3.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

A girl brings you bad news about the mart in Palom Town in Parallel 1.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Pointless learning is afoot at the science museum.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Team Showman interrupts a meeting between Lance and a guy called Hurel (a character from Septo Conquest). And then the man himself arrives!
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

PARALLEL 2

The quest begins!
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Birch's aide gives his heroic account of how he got Carl Phasno and The Showman arrested.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Good advice from Lance to himself.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

PARALLEL 3

Erratic weather patterns engulf the region in Parallel 3, from thunderstorms...
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

... to sandstorms only a few feet away! The cause of the bizarre weather is discovered later in Parallel 3.
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Other Screenshots
    We've recently discovered how to change tiles, so we're making minor changes now, in the hope of making larger changes in the days to come. Here's a few screens of our edited tilesets:

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Pokemon Centers have been bought out by the Virgin Corp. (This explains the V on the roof.)
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

More to come soon!

Last edited:

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • By any chance, did you get the idea of Lance's rival, Rod, from the Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC? If so, it would make complete sense, as Rod from that game is pretty much a rehash of Lance anyway.

andyp159

Master of Fire!
    Years
  • By any chance, did you get the idea of Lance's rival, Rod, from the Pokemon Trading Card Game for the GBC? If so, it would make complete sense, as Rod from that game is pretty much a rehash of Lance anyway.

Actually, yes, we did. 10 out of 10 for observation - and yes, it does make A LOT of sence, as ROD is bacically just LANCE anyways, as you said

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
  • Hi all.

We have recently got back into Lance Adventures after a short break. We've been doing some Pokedex editing! (Thanks to YAPE). Here's some screenshots showing some new Pokedex entires that follow the idea of satrical humour that always works!

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]
    [B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

And here's a picture of the female player sprite, Rod's sister! (Who is the alternative version of Clair in the same way that Rod is to Lance.)

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

Tally ho for now, people!

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • Keep us updated with your progress! I'm looking forward to this one!

I'm currently playing your other hack: Septo Conquest. :) Thanks for that as well.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    This looks very interesting. I like the parallel idea, I have personally never seen a game like that... It looks awesome! Gives a reason to play the game 3 different times. Anyways, it looks great so far. Keep it up!

Oh also, I played Septo Conquest, and being an English geek, grammatical and spelling errors drive me up a friggin' wall! Will there be less of those in this one, heheh?

Last edited:

Magneto20

Years
  • This looks very interesting. I like the parallel idea, I have personally never seen a game like that... It looks awesome! Gives a reason to play the game 3 different times. Anyways, it looks great so far. Keep it up!

Thanks! Me and AndyP159 strive to be as original as possible (and we hope people will actually play Lance Adventures three times! Or esle they'll miss out all the cool plots that we've brainstormed if they only play a single parallel.)

Oh also, I played Septo Conquest, and being an English geek, grammatical and spelling errors drive me up a friggin' wall! Will there be less of those in this one, heheh?

Being an English geek myself, I know how you feel. I apologise for all the grammar errors in Septo Conquest, they were the result of either me being extremely tired while typing or AndyP159 typing so fast that he doesn't notice he mispells things. And yes, there will definitely be NO grammatical errors in Lance Adventures! :)

Necrono

perfect day.
    Years
  • I'll definitely play all three parallels. I would question the sanity of anyone who doesn't - how can one miss those cheesy lines that your character comes up with when talking to different "villains"?!

Oh and by the way, rockness embodied is definitely equal to Lance. :cool:

Magneto20

Years
  • Oh and by the way, rockness embodied is definitely equal to Lance. :cool:

Well said, Necrono!

Anyways, here is a region map for you awesome people to immerse yourselves in for 12 seconds.

[B]LANCE ADVENTURES[/B]

The region map includes these locations:
    - Ceil Town
    - Ceil Springs
    - Palom Town
    - Cerobi Walk
    - Serenity Lake
    - Rydia Port
    - Galuf Valley
    - Galuf Village
    - Garnet Town

More news coming soon!

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • awesome possum.
    i'm happy to hear this is coming along alright.
    i picked up septo conquest not too long ago, and needless to say, i loved the humor.

best of luck with this one. it looks great so far, and i'll definitely be playing all three parallels. :3

Back