• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen B Trick Confusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDOLHACKS

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I've read somewhere when I was 7 years old that pressing B when those chickies pop up when your pokemon is cofused makes it less likely for it to hurt itself. You press it twice, one for each second when those chickies pop up. I did it a few times and my Feraligator didn't hurt itself for about 5 turns? So what do you think? Does it actually work? Or was it just a luck of the draw?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Just luck imo, but it's one of many interesting theories about certain combinations of button presses having a certain affect on something.

I personally keep A pressed down when my Pokémon is paralysed/confused or using an inaccurate move when I need to cause damage. It probably doesn't increase the likelyhood of my move hitting home, or my Pokémon being able to attack but I press it every time anyway out of habit/hope.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    mm. lol. also, whenever a pokemon uses smog, or body slam and I think "DON'T GET PARALYZED" it gets paralyzed everytime I think it.

Nah, that's just the gamer's secret mind-reading buggery chip.

Another example is if you really badly want a certain Pokémon to appear (Eg Pikachu in Viridian Forest). 99/100 battles before you catch Pikachu will be Caterpie/Metapod/Weedle/Kakuna etc. After it's caught, you can guarantee every one in 3 Pokémon you encounter will be a Pikachu.

Or maybe i'm just reading too far into it haha.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    no trick, but its kinda nice. i alwayz press the A button even that it doesn't effect the catching at all (now i don't...)

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Just luck, IMO.

I used to press the A button when trying to catch a Pokemon. Strangely, most of the time, I caught the Pokemon. Then again, I also brought his health down to red.

Years
    I still press down and B together after I throw a Poke Ball, I read long ago that would make them easier to catch. I highly doubt it makes any difference whatsoever, but I still do it out of habit. :laugh:

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    It could work I guess, but I think your game would be glitchy to do that. Otherwise its just random times when you get hit by confusion and so on...

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    My friend once told me (this was back in the days of R/B/Y) that when you throw a Pokeball, pressing A-B-A-B-A-B continuously would make the Pokémon easier to catch. I still do that to this day. :P

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I seem to remember Nintendo's old website having a cheat for this specific purpose. I think it mentioned pressing down on the D-Pad AND pressing B.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Ahah lol
    I Allways press DOWN + A when i throw a Pokeball, i know that´s stupid but i think that really helps
    I do that since 1 friend told me that.. and i allways do that :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    the only time I hold B is when I'm catching a Pokemon, I've tried the B button for confusion throughout every single Pokemon game and I always hit myself in confusion, so I quit doing that

:t354:TG

Years
    When I'm trying to catch a difficult Pokémon such as one of the legendaries or a Safari Zone Pokémon, I will usually hold B. Ironically enough, after about 20 or 30 attempts at catching Articuno in my last game, I caught him on my last ball, which was the only one I held B on. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back