• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B/W Legendaries Discussion

Which legendaries do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They probably would seem more like a quad group if the unicorn had a design similar to the other three. I dunno, they just look different, making them look less like a group. D:

And at the above poster: Well, there is the fact that there are more new Pokemon than in any other generation, suggesting why the legendaries are so high.
    Well it looks very different because it's based on the youngest Musketeer, thus it looks like a small pony :)
    Also gen 4 still had more legendary pokemon than this gen.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
    The grass fighting and the water fire are my favorite ones, but I melotta (I think it is) is too human-like, I think she would fair better as a trainer.

Years
    The grass fighting and the water fire are my favorite ones, but I melotta (I think it is) is too human-like, I think she would fair better as a trainer.
    I don't think there is a Water/Fire legendary :surprised:...
    Melotta's loos pokemon enough for me plus in Platinum they said Humans used to be pokemon...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Genosect still remains the best legend of Unova, but the two trios are my next faves.

Years
    Genosect still remains the best legend of Unova, but the two trios are my next faves.
    Lol I was about to ask which one as we have 3 but one of them is a quad :P
    So you like the genies too along with the dragons :)?
    I want to get a Genosect myself! It's the king or is it queen...of the bug pokemon :D!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Lol I was about to ask which one as we have 3 but one of them is a quad :P
    So you like the genies too along with the dragons :)?
    I want to get a Genosect myself! It's the king or is it queen...of the bug pokemon :D!

I keep thinking we have three trios in Unova too. I keep forgetting poor Kerudio!

Years

I keep thinking we have three trios in Unova too. I keep forgetting poor Kerudio!
    Well it is an event Pokemon, they tend to be forgotten (cough Zoroark and Zorua) until they are given away.
    If one does Count the Musketters as a Trio than we do have three and would mean that each odd gen add another trio (gen 1 and 2 had 1 only, gen 3 and 4 had 2 while gen 5 (and 6 Maybe) have 3)...

Years
    I like victini a lot. :3 Its cute and cool at the same time, and it must be very powerfull with its fire attacks.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Some of these legendries are actually on a par with Heartran as the worst legendries in existence. The pure Flying type genie thing basically has 2 pallet swaps that call themselves 'legendries'. Not to mention that they've ruined the comcept of legendry status with 13 new ones. I mean, 48 legendries altogether?

What a joke. Although I do like the Musketeer trio quite a lot.

Last edited:

Years
    Some of these legendries are actually on a par with Heartran as the worst legendries in existence. The pure Flying type genie thing basically has 2 pallet swaps that call themselves 'legendries'. Not to mention that they've ruined the comcept of legendry status with 13 new ones. I mean, 48 legendries altogether?

Well legendaries means hard to find or rare and one of a kind which they still all plus in most real world myth there were tons of legendary gods and goddess and they were still legendary despite there being 200+ of them...
    So I don't think it's a joke, Also each new batch is like that regions mythology, in real life there are 1000+ gods in all myths put together...
    I like the musketeer trio too I like the blue one and the green one the best :)

The Red Chain

I do have to agree with you there.
    Though I actually don't mind the legendaries of this gen, they really don't feel all that legendary to me. They have the label, but there's no sense of power besides stats.
    They are doing more and more legendaries each Gen, and frankly, I'm not liking it. I was basically begging in my mind that there would be less legendaries this gen, only to be disappointed once more.
    They're all growing on me now.. but not in the -legendary- way. They're just slightly more powerful than normal Pokemon, with no real "legend" to keep their status.. just like Heatran. =/

Well legendaries means hard to find or rare and one of a kind

Gotta disagree. Legendary to me means that the person/Pokemon/whatever in question has a legend behind them that's given them such a mighty status.
    Like how Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, the living DNA of all the other Pokemon in the world. Or how Ho-Oh revived the three legendary dogs, for whatever they used to be, back to life with a new form and new powers.
    Things like that. The power is a factor, the rarity can also be, but the real status to me is their story.

Last edited:

Years

I do have to agree with you there.
    Though I actually don't mind the legendaries of this gen, they really don't feel all that legendary to me. They have the label, but there's no sense of power besides stats.
    They are doing more and more legendaries each Gen, and frankly, I'm not liking it. I was basically begging in my mind that there would be less legendaries this gen, only to be disappointed once more.
    They're all growing on me now.. but not in the -legendary- way. They're just slightly more powerful than normal Pokemon, with no real "legend" to keep their status.. just like Heatran. =/

Gotta disagree. Legendary to me means that the person/Pokemon/whatever in question has a legend behind them that's given them such a mighty status.
    Like how Mewtwo is a clone of Mew, the living DNA of all the other Pokemon in the world. Or how Ho-Oh revived the three legendary dogs, for whatever they used to be, back to life with a new form and new powers.
    Things like that. The power is a factor, the rarity can also be, but the real status to me is their story.

Mewtwo along with the other legends of gen 1 had little to no story...
    Gen 3's legendaries had the most story with 6 out 10 having a story.
    Also the third version tends to give us more back ground story.
    I want to see the story behind the Muskeeteers...

The Red Chain

O_o; I guess you're forgetting the first Pokemon movie's entire plot, or how there were journals thrown about in that one building on Cinnabar Island talking about Mew and Mewtwo in RGBY. ]:

I think Gen 4's legendaries had the most story, the main ones I'm thinking of being the Dragon trio, Lake trio and Arceus.

Yeah, I'm curious about the Musketeer trio... I mean what on earth are they meant to do anyway I wonder..

Years

O_o; I guess you're forgetting the first Pokemon movie's entire plot, or how there were journals thrown about in that one building on Cinnabar Island talking about Mew and Mewtwo in RGBY. ]:

I think Gen 4's legendaries had the most story, the main ones I'm thinking of being the Dragon trio, Lake trio and Arceus.

Yeah, I'm curious about the Musketeer trio... I mean what on earth are they meant to do anyway I wonder..
    Oh well I wasn't contining the movies...
    The teer trio was meant to protect and defend Pokemon from human abuse.

Years
    Ehhh, when it comes to B/W, the legends are probably my least favorite Pokemon in the region. D: The only legendaries I really acknowledge are Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini. They have the only... "understandable" designs to me. Pretty much every other legendary has that really confusing design to the point where I can't even make out their faces! O_o

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Also the third version tends to give us more back ground story.
    I want to see the story behind the Muskeeteers...
    Mewtwo/Mew had that Science Lab story in the Cinnabar Island Mansion.

The Legendary birds were given a back story by Gen II.

Years
    Ehhh, when it comes to B/W, the legends are probably my least favorite Pokemon in the region. D: The only legendaries I really acknowledge are Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini. They have the only... "understandable" designs to me. Pretty much every other legendary has that really confusing design to the point where I can't even make out their faces! O_o
    I can see all their faces...except for the elder musketeer...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    True thing

Too many legendaries, especially the trios, the more they make, the less ideas they will have...I mean, what else will they have? Legendaries for hearing, taste, smell, touch, sight?

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    Too many legendaries, especially the trios, the more they make, the less ideas they will have...I mean, what else will they have? Legendaries for hearing, taste, smell, touch, sight?
    That'd actually be cool to see haha.

Anyway, my fav Legend would be either Zekrom or Victini. I went with Zekrom, but Victin! is still awesome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back