• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

B&W: Pokémon Sunday Preview [Starters revealed]

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I think the professor is going to give him a mijumaru! If you look in the lastest preview (the one the came on after dp188) mijumaru looks like its in a battle on an gym battlefield against who I think is Dento, or at least he catches one? :\

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious that the Female character is going to start with the Grass starter, so which will Ash catch? Or will he catch both? Discuss!
    Merged your thread on Ash's possible Gen V starter here.

By the looks of things, Dento seems to be the one who will own a Tsutaja. Based on the beta art showing off Mijumaru's second stage evolution, I think it's very possible it could be Ash's Gen V starter this season. Plus, it'll be about time he earns a Wate Pokémon that will hopefully evolve all the way.

Iris seems to be catching a lot of wild Pokémon, and while this does not exempt her obtaining one of the starters (more likely Pokabu), I think there's a chance Ash might have this starter as well. Although, I'm leaning more to the earlier mentioned of Iris having it herself.

Fithboy

The Lego Man
    Years
  • I think it's obvious the female will start with a grass type because May got Torchic (fire) and Dawn got Piplup (water).

Also, how will she catch pokemon without one to battle it with?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011

It looks like she befriends Kibago.

By the looks of things, Ash will recieve Mijumaru and Dento has Tsutaja who knows Solarbeam (or another one of his Pokemon knows it). Which leaves Pokabu for either Iris or Ash.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think it's obvious the female will start with a grass type because May got Torchic (fire) and Dawn got Piplup (water).

But Misty liked water types too.

So: water, fire, water, ___.

I wouldn't rely on a pattern for figuring out which Pokemon Iris will get. xD; I can see her with Tsutaja or Mijumaru.. I'll be real surprised if she ends up with Pokabu. Also, I lol'd at the Black and White song playing in the background. Reminds me of how they had a Red Hot Chili Peppers' song playing for the credits of the Death Note live action movie. Oh Japan~.

The anime makes the starters look real appealing, though.
    -starting to like them more-

Years
  • I'll say Wotter will go to Ash. The crazy 10 year-old is known to go for similar Pokemon species, so this will be his second otter.

Dento the fruity should get Smugleaf. It looks like him and our favorite ADHD protagonist are having a gym battle. Dento could be a grass leader.

Shooti guy can get Boarbeque, It looked like the teaser was showing the flaming ham strutting its bacon in a gym. This would make sense, since I think Shooto is Ash's rival.

Iris gets nothing. After all, you can only carry so much Pokemon in your hair.

Back