• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 starter

Starter for B2W2

• The smug Snivy

Votes: 110 35.3%
  • The tough Tepig

Votes: 69 22.1%
  • The O-Adorable Oshawott

Votes: 133 42.6%

• Total voters

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I will take Tepig or Oshawoot, in Black i played with snivy so this time will take other pokemon.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • At first, my plan was to get another Oshawott and make it a Special Attacker which is opposite of my current Samurott. But now, I'm thinking I might start my first starterless team. It would add to the freshness of the sequel.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I chose Snivy on Black, and she sure is difficult to grind (same thing with the rest of my Pokemon due to the changes in the experience yield system, but its Attack and Special Attack make battles linger on more than they should). This time, I'll go with Oshawott. Anything beats Tepig's ugly/stupid/ridiculous evolved forms and their tired typings. Too bad Samurott's Special Attack is higher than it's Attack and it's not a water/fighting type, because if that were the case it would be a bombshell for all players!

Years
  • Snivy.

Not the greatest of them starters meaning self-traded Oshawott and Tepig is what I'll do. And until BW2 egg moves (if changed) are spoiled/revealed, then what egg moves I have on will hopefully be useful: Curse Tepig, Air Slash & Copycat Oshawott.

OpenDoorLeia

The Will of One
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2013
    I plan on picking Oshawott for my run of White 2. The little ice cream beaver has really grown on me since I've seen him in the anime. And the battle animation of him juggling his shell is to die for. The thing is too cute for my naive heart.

For Black 2, I'm gonna pick Tepig, who was my first Unova starter in BW1.

Snivy is up in the air. I plan on starting a new game in Black1 one of these days, and I planned to use Oshawott, but perhaps that will change. For Black 2, I think it all depends on what my other team members will be. I don't know yet, but it'll probably be Tepig for that one.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    i was hoping we could choose from other generations but i ended up picking tepig in Black 2.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm going for Snivy this time around. Since I went with Oshawott for Pokemon White.

I have no intention of touching Tepig.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I restarted White last night and chose Tepig, for the first time. I've played through my White version so many times, and about 50/50 of the time, I chose Oshawott or Snivy. My mistake! Tepig is amazing early on in the game. I'm already level 30 and I haven't even made it to Nimbasa City yet. I'm definitely going to be choosing Tepig when I get my copy of Black 2... or White 2. If I decide to get both, I'll get them all!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • I didn't pick Oshawott, so it will be my W2 starter unless I change my mind. Can't decide on what my B2 starter will be.

EDIT: Changed my mind, Oshawott will be B2.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It doesn't matter who I'll pick, because I will replace it with something else. I like all their designs, but hate all their final evolutions and don't find them interesting or very strong honestly. I've used them all at least once, and while they're not terrible, they don't stand out at all and with over 600 Pokemon to use, I can easily find something to outclass all three of these starters. I might choose Oshawott though, just because it's my favorite. But as soon as I find a different starter, he'll probably go bye bye. ;(

Shadow-Pikachu

the Shadow Pikachu
    Years
  • I'm going with Tepig. I have the three starters on my White (through Nintendo Wi-Fi, no cheats) and I love Tepig.

Because he's epic, though this time I probably won't evolve him.. I may but I may not. I'll just transfer all my B/W Pokemon to B/W 2.. If I get it, that is.

Back