• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back from my holiday in Aussie!! :D RMT

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Hopefully I've managed to fix up all of the faults this time. Review and rate people.

! ! !MY TEAM! ! !

Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Static
    Hasty - 252 Atk, 28 Sp. Atk, 228 Spd
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Explosion
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Rain Dance

Sets up Rain and Taunts if I predict that the opponents gonna try to set up. Max Atk over max Sp. Atk to ensure I actually take out a pkmn with Explosion and yeah.. pretty much standard.

Omastar @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    Modest - 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Surf
    ~ Hidden Power (Grass)
    ~ Rain Dance

Pseudo-Kingdra here. Spd EVs allow it to hit 418 Spd in rain which outspeeds max Spd Electrode by 2 points. HP (Grass) > HP (Electric) cause I can see Quagsire/Gastrodon giving me a hard time. Back up Rain Dancer.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    Adamant - 112 Hp, 252 Atk, 144 Spd
    ~ Waterfall
    ~ Aqua Jet
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ X-Scissor

Hp hits 289 which only makes me take 28 damage of LO recoil per turn. Max Atk for obvious reasons, 144 Spd EVs + Swift Swim allows me to outspeed Timid ScarfTom by a single point. I'm wondering.. but is Aqua Jet really worth it??

Meganium @ Light Clay
    Overgrow
    Bold - 252 Hp, 176 Def, 76 Sp. Def, 4 Spd
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Aromatherapy
    ~ Leaf Storm

Yeah.. yeah.. we've all heard it before, Meganium sucks. But Meganium actually fares pretty well in my team since it's typing provides excellent synergy with the rest of my team members. Sets up Dual Screens and also serves as a cleric. Leaf Storm is a last resort move and a extra insurance against the likes of Gastrodon and Quagsire.

Rotom @ Leftovers
    Levitate
    Timid - 252 Hp, 4 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
    ~ Thunder
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Will-o-Wisp
    ~ Rain Dance

Another back up Rain Dancer and Thunder abuser. Covers my teams nasty Ground, Fighting and Electric weakness, also inflicts status

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Dry Skin
    Adamant - 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    ~ Cross Chop
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Poison Jab

Full out RD sweeper. Uhhh.... nothing creative left to say here sadly =/

Well that's it, rate away people!!

Last edited:

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
    A great lead for Rain Dance teams is Electrode. Fastest UU and almost guaranteed to get a Rain Dance up.
    Use this set

Electrode @ Damp Rock
    Soundproof
    Hasty
    EV's: 252Spe / 252SpA / 6Atk
    ~Taunt
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Thunder
    ~Explosion

Taunt to prevent SR, Explosion when you're done

Nothing wrong with Omastar

On Kabutops, make sure you can outspeed ScarfTom in the rain. Also dont use SD, you need all the rain turns you can get.

Everyone else is OK

On toxicroak, use the LO set, you get great power with 2.5 healing

Good Luck laddering!

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
    Make Kabutops outspeed Timid ScarfTom, as thats the nature used.
    I dont really get the pointof using Rotom as an attacker, it has a mere 90 SpA with no benefit from RD apart from thunder. Id say you have enough attackers, if you want more use Sharpedo.
    A good "wall" in Rain Dance is the often overlooked Dewgong. Its great ability in the Rain means that you get absolutely reliable recovery. Use this set:

Dewgong @ Damp Rock
    Hydration
    Careful
    EV's: 252HP / 4Def / 252SpD
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Encore
    ~Rest
    ~Aqua Jet

So the idea is come in on a resisted choiced or slow move then Encore. Rain Dance as they switch. Now you have turns to deal damage with a 40 x 2.25 = 90 power priority move off a 176 attack( not much ) and free healing with Rest. Just stall out the opponent or switch to a sweeper, notably Toxicroak as it resists fighting.

The downside of using this guy is you'll be weak to fighting, although this can be solved by using Gorebyss over Omastar with Psychic.

Also, keep max SpA on Electrode. A 500 power attack will do severe damage to any unresisted poke. Thunder needs all the power it can get.

Just my thoughts :)

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
    Make Kabutops outspeed Timid ScarfTom, as thats the nature used.

Done.

I dont really get the pointof using Rotom as an attacker, it has a mere 90 SpA with no benefit from RD apart from thunder. Id say you have enough attackers, if you want more use Sharpedo.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of making Rotom a Tank with WoW since I've already got enough guys dishing out damage.

A good "wall" in Rain Dance is the often overlooked Dewgong. Its great ability in the Rain means that you get absolutely reliable recovery. Use this set:

Dewgong @ Damp Rock
    Hydration
    Careful
    EV's: 252HP / 4Def / 252SpD
    ~Rain Dance
    ~Encore
    ~Rest
    ~Aqua Jet

So the idea is come in on a resisted choiced or slow move then Encore. Rain Dance as they switch. Now you have turns to deal damage with a 40 x 2.25 = 90 power priority move off a 176 attack( not much ) and free healing with Rest. Just stall out the opponent or switch to a sweeper, notably Toxicroak as it resists fighting.

Hmmm.. I'll give this set a go and see what I think of it, thanks for it by the way.

The downside of using this guy is you'll be weak to fighting, although this can be solved by using Gorebyss over Omastar with Psychic.

Why use Psychic when a boosted Surf in Rain deals more damage
    Psychic: 90 x 2 = 180 BP
    Surf (In Rain): 95 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 213.75 = 213BP

Also, keep max SpA on Electrode. A 500 power attack will do severe damage to any unresisted poke. Thunder needs all the power it can get.

Where in the world did you get 500 from??? Thunder in rain only has its Acc raised, not power. So Thunder becomes a 180 BP move with 100 Acc in rain.

Pysncrono

Spriter / UU Battler
    Years
    500 is for Explosion, Explosion is dealt with damage calculated with half of opponents defense. Thats why Thunder could do with the extra power
    xD lol at my psychic mistake..

Two problems Rain Dance teams have are Venusaur/Meganium (sometimes) and Poliwrath. Toxicroak can also give problems.
    Toxicroak doesnt take much damage from Ice Beams and restores HP by rain and water attacks. I suggest adding EQ on your Toxicroak to counter others.

I support Meganium, but status shouldnt be too much of a prob.

Good Luck!

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Why use Psychic when a boosted Surf in Rain deals more damage
    Psychic: 90 x 2 = 180 BP
    Surf (In Rain): 95 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 213.75 = 213BP

I don't know much about UU but, you could use Psychic for Poliwrath and Toxicroak?

Back