• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Back in the Day

joehat

Yay
    Years
    PS. I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but does anyone remember back in Pokemon Red and Blue when Mew was supposedly behind that truck by the boat. I would try and try and again to figure out a way to get that truck out of the way, but to no avail. I wonder why that truck was ever there in the first place.

Haha yeah! I would try Strength over and over again on that truck.

Your post really brought back some memories. I sure do miss those days. I only have one friend who "sorta" likes Pokemon, and one friend who "kinda" likes Pokemon. None of my friends like it as much as I do though. I've stuck with it through the years. It's a part of my life I don't want to let go, and I don't think I ever will.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I miss the old days..So I bought as many Generation 1 things as possible. Season 1 and 2 Box set. The first movie. The second movie. Stadium,Snap, R/B.
    When I was little, I wasn't really into the games, but I loved the anime, Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium.

Can someone invent a time machine?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Back in the days, I would cry every Friday and throw a tantrum at my mom if I didn't watch Pokemon.

A bit Back in the Days, I never knew there was a Jotho.

One generation ago, the Anime was at its epic awesomeness.

Today, I found YouTube.

Conclusion: Back in the Days, the Anime was funny, but poorly developed and drawn. It's pretty much better today, but now they need the fix the damn plot -_-'...

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
    Haha yeah! I would try Strength over and over again on that truck.

Your post really brought back some memories. I sure do miss those days. I only have one friend who "sorta" likes Pokemon, and one friend who "kinda" likes Pokemon. None of my friends like it as much as I do though. I've stuck with it through the years. It's a part of my life I don't want to let go, and I don't think I ever will.

Anyone ever try to strength Bill's house back so you could get onto that side path?

Hours wasted there :/

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I remember how I'd read articles on the internet saying you'd get 999 rare candies if you walked up and down 1000 times xD I was gullable and did so =P

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    Honestly? I hated the overwhelming popularity back in the day :/ There was just too much, so it let to a lot of cheap merchandise and it was everywhere and in a bad way. You couldn't enjoy it in a normal way. Not to mention all the people that liked it only because it was popular :/

Yes, it was just as had to fill your pokedex back then, especially if you were like me and didn't hack your pokemon like everyone did back then.

However, what I did like is that it was easier to find people to play with, which it seems to be harder now. Also it was easier to find people to play the pokemon card game with. I really do like the card game, so it makes me sad that I can't play it as much as I used to. Also you didn't get weird looks when you told people you liked pokemon hehe.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    Anyone ever try to strength Bill's house back so you could get onto that side path?

Hours wasted there :/

Absolutely! Everyone was saying that Bill's rare Pokemon collection was bak there, free to catch.

Haha also, am I the only idiot that spent like a week trying to figure out how to get past the flowing water in Seafoam Islands?

nct28th

MY METAPOD IS HARDER LOLZ XD
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2009
    i remember the first starter i chose n red bulbasaur then in silver i chose cyndaquil i got yellow like the day my cousin was born i picked torchick the first time thru ruby but i dont remember in diamond or pearl lolz.

and i remember the tcg bame for the gba was horriable i like the normal one more. i returned the game but kept the meowth promo card i still have it te hehehehehe

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2009
    JESUS DO I MISS THIS DAYS. I remember, back when i was in in Kindergarten/Gr1 and EVERYONE PLAYED POKEMON. IT WAS CRAZY. I couldnt turn my head without seeing some kids in the corner trading their pokemon cards. Thats how I met my first friend in kindergarten, I saw him playing pokemon and i was like What ones do you have? Then i showed him mine, he was all like OMG YOU HAS A ZAPDOES!?! then yeah we played pokemon all day. Then it was storytime and we got in trouble cause we didnt put are GameBoys down. Another time in first grade it was math time and I was bored and I was playing Pokemon Gold under my desk and my teacher saw and took it from me. I was like, "NO STOP DONT TAKE OUT THE GAME LET ME SAVE FIRST NO!!!!!"

Now it just makes me sad. People say HOLY SH** POKEMON IS SO F*CKIN GAY ITS SO STUPID. I say Well the first couple games were pretty good the movies and shows just suck. Then they respond with LOL YOU STUPID FAGGOT IM GONNA KICK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A WIMPIE PUSSY FAG!

And theyve usually just seen the show. People in my elementary school (Im Grade6) get put down all the time because someone sees them playing gameboy with a Pokemon cartridge in it. I really dont see why people are considered faggots just because something entertains them differently.

I still play pokemon often but nobody knows :) I have a few friends that still like it and theyre in 9th and 10th grade.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    My brother says he 'hates' Pokemon yet he bought Pearl O_o And playes MY Mystery Dungeon Explorers Of Time :(

Anyway, i remember 'back in the day' when Yellow came out. Everyone was so excited mainly because Red and Blue were success'. i can still remember opening Pokemon Pinball early :) Sadly, I lost it :( Ah, and good ol' Pokemon Trading Card Game GB.
    Stadium was a good game on the N64 (So was Stadium 2). I loved the minigames and battling
    Spoiler:

I never could be bothered with EV'S/IV'S/TV'S, I just found them a waste of time and made Pokemon go from the old child friendly, simple battling to the "I have an EV'd trained Salamence lollollollol!!!111" :\ I hate Competitive batteling...:(

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Qft - Quoted for the truth

Only me and one other friend like it. The rest think it's "gay" and "stupid"
    Once again, QFT.
    The 'gay and stupid' remark is, in fact, my nine-year-old brother's exact words! xD

In the old days... other people actually liked Pokemon for Pokemon. Or liked Pokemon at all, period.
    Also, there was no competitive battling with IVs and frilly things of that nature. X .x

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    lol one irrelevant question, but a good one.

whats EV training?
    EV training is when you make a Pokemon gain experience from only certain other Pokemon to make certain stats go higher... it's confusing and really quite pointless if you're not into competitive battling.

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    i hide it from anybody other than my best m8s...and even they joke about it :\

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    I openly play it i offer a fist to anyone who laughs at me. The funny thing is the only thing thats probably considered childish is the anime which came AFTER the game. And i hope nintendo dosen't try to appeal to the rest of the losers and try to make it some kind of ultra epic thing and then just toss in pokemon. but anyways yeah the good old days was where i didn't have to pound people into the sidewalk for playing pokemon. it's like oh what do you do in your spare time? :] Listen to rap and watch mtv ohhh thats nice... COUGH NO INDIVIDUALITY COUGH- >.> Lol anyways yeah Pokemon is the best and i despise anyone who dares make fun of it. I don't liek the anime anymore but thats no right to insult anything pokemon. Jeez people really need to get a life, they can't look at people that actually have a personality and some individuality cause they mock it, cause they can only dream to not be like everyon else :]. Thats what sucks now and it was the complete opposite back in the day. DEATH TO POKEMON HATERS... lol sry ^^; i got carried away.

(No offense meant to rap and mtv lovers :] unless you like both of those AND hate pokemon if thats the case read every word :])

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    yeah i still watch the animé just to keep the dream alive but its nowhere near as good now.

has anybody else noticed that ever since misty left the anime has dropped downhill...dont get me wrong because i actually liek may but since she popped up it dramatically drooped its standards :\

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    yeah, back then it was a game, with a tv show and some cards. now it is a complete no doubt multi billion dollar franchise with everything from soft toys to pens

o and pogosheep i love your sig

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Awww those were great times.
    I remember the first day I ever heard about Pokemon. I was eight and went to school. When I entered the classroom everyone had Pokemon cards and stickers for a Pokemon collector's album we had back then (I still have two of them today).
    I didn't know a single thing about it but it was fascinating so I asked my classmates to tell me about it. And so they began to tell me and talked about the show and the stuff they hab with them. I was toatally cateched by it.
    My classmates even gave me their doubles, cards and stickers. And when the break began everyone in the schoolyard was trading with everyone, even with complete strangers. Pokemon really connected us. Great times.
    I remember the first episode I've ever seen though.
    It was one of the second season I think. The one when they met the guy with the jolteon and all the magnemites hunting for thunderstorms.
    My first game was yellow. It was amazing to actually play it.
    The Pokemon bach them were more like animals I think. They didn't have this human touch. I like the first 151 best.
    I wish something like this could hapen again, but no other thing could ever achive the populartity Pokemon had. Not even DBZ which became popular later.
    I liked the show better and still like the old ones better. When Ash was really ten, he was a beginner and they didn't try to make his clothes trendy. He looked more childish. Still in those days I was his fan and found Team Rocket annoying and his mother overly worried XD.
    When I got back to Pokemon some weeks ago and watched the show (one of the old episodes) I noticed that my view on Pokemon and the characters has totally changed. I see Ash as a cute child and the grown up minor characters (are Deliah and Oak minors?) and Team Rocket (also the boss) are more interesting and I care about the characters backgrounds now.
    Well that was much.

Back