• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Back to the Grind(stone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • I hate pointless back tracking. I agree with Zeta that Dead Island, and I'll add Dying Light, did this really well. Dying light normally has something new to show you on your side missions, be it a small shop, whole building or a cave system.

Plus it's coop. Coop is best.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Back to the Grind(stone)

Continuing Salvadore's extremely manly and a half adventure of ultra violence compensation, here we see what an ultra lowres Lilith looks like, up close.

Memelands. That's what i can pretty much say to Borderlands 2's writing in general. As if Gearbox simply didn't give a **** about writing a believable and immersive story and atmosphere like what they did for Borderlands 1. But hey, at least the game is fun for me at least. I'm still having orgasmic masturbatory fun when I'm GUNNNNNNNNNNNZERRRRKINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I mean you have a Skill called "Sexual Tyrannosaur", and that name alone is so good, of course you all got it, for those who played Salvadore.

Oh and it does help that in my current journey as the 5 foot 4 but still MANLY AS FECK Salvadore, I got 2 rather powerful legendaries quite early in the game which have been carrying for quite a while.

Bonus Package Grenade mod -> which i got right after defeating Bewm Boom, and that's the first time defeating them btw. Even though BP has an increased drop rate after killing Bewm Boom, i got mine in the first try, which was lucky as heck.

And of course the ever lovely, Vladof INFINTY (I got a burning variant <3) which i got when i was lucky enough to encounter and kill a Loot Midget. For those who don't remember what a Vladof Infinity does, its basically a weapon with a very weird firing pattern (? shape) but basically with Infinite Ammo. Since it can come with either variant, i was lucky enough to have one with decent rolls and a Fire element. The feeling of just being able to hold down the fire button... and of course GUNNNNNNNNZERKING with a Vladof Infinity and another great weapon.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Borderlands 1's great sin for me was the HUGE amounts of backtracking in the early game. The first few missions have the player pretty much backtrack from Skag Valley more than once in order to gain levels so that one may have enough strength to beat Bone Head.

I mean if you don't do them, you're only like lvl7 or lower after dealing with Nine Toes and Bonehead being the other early game boss is already lvl11 on a lvl10 quest. Jesus BL1..

After Bone Head though the game is fine but dear lord BL1's very early game was something that i felt was very unpolished. Backtracking in and out of Skag Valley... t.t

EDIT: then i realized that at least BL1's first few minutes is way more action packed than BL2's dear lord "CLAPTRAP PLZ!" beginning sequence.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Borderlands 2's opening was abysmal, although I think that was the point...the only way that game could possibly have more narm in it would have been if it had used Brian Blessed as a voice actor for someone - probably Brick - and made excessive use of fourth-wall breaking and glitter. But then Tiny Tina's DLC came along.

The Pre-Sequel's opening was easily the best. Especially because Brick and Mordecai lampshaded the whole thing at one point. xD

pkmin3033

Whoah, whoah, WHOAH. Satoshi. This is 2016. We're at least twenty years away from being able to showcase that kind of thing. Fifty in video games. Put it away, dood. My god.

I-I'm speechless.

Spoiler:

pkmin3033

I wonder if video games will still be going that far into the future, or if the industry will crash and burn the way that scare-mongers within the industry think it's going too. I'd laugh if we were in exactly the same position that we're in now.

Sir Codin

Holy crap, I just thought of something....

What if the reason Bethesda isn't giving us Elder Scrolls 6 right now is because they've actually listened to fan complaints and realized the Gamebryo/Creation engine is a barely-functional archaic piece of crap and they're spending their efforts right now creating an entirely new game engine to run ES 6 with?

..................hahahahahaha....right, yeah, what was I thinking.......

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • If anything they're trying to figure out how to "streamline" the mechanics and gameplay even more that Fellout 4.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    I come back from a vacation and i see several conversations and questions going on.

If I may with the PeePee:

I'm pretty sure video games will still be within the mainstream for the next XX years considering how the competitive play business is somewhat helping. However, I do share an opinion regarding my liking for competitive play but I also want to point out that overpandering to the likes of such will ruin the game for the rest of the playerbase which is basically 90% which include casuals and the non-professional ones who regularly play ranked. I mean Starcraft 2 is pretty much dead save for its rather elitist playerbase and look where it is right now.

Then again I'm already used to elitists playerbases anyway since I find myself as one but with good reasons. For one, I'm actually a mid-high tier player so I have no problem dealing with such populace.

As for Elder Scrolls 6,better pray bethesda doesn't f**k this one up should they even ever try making it. I rather have them think of new intellectual property aside from those under them like idsoftware and Machine Games.

pkmin3033

Elitist playerbases are much more off-putting than pandering as long as a game remains accessible for newer players, and it's quite possible for developers to accomplish both...they frequently do, after all.

As for Elder Scrolls 6...I'd actually be willing to bet that'll be a VR game, which is probably why Bethseda have no immediate plans for it: that technology is years away from being worth the investment. Honestly, I'd prefer it if they developed a new intellectual property and left it alone too, but it's far too lucrative for them to even consider that I would imagine.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years

• its games like these where i wish I have PeePee's massive optimism (and E-cock) that we are not going to have a next-gen video game sh*t show crash of the new millenia.

That title is basically Clickbait taken to a whole new level.

Oh and plz dont even..

IDSOFTWARE SAVE US!

Sir Codin

I haven't done much with my youtube channel in a while, so here's a vid of my first time beating Dark Souls 3:

pkmin3033

I should probably record more gameplay videos, come to think of it. Unfortunately for me, I can't Stream because my upload speed is something like 0.7mbps, and for some infuriating reason I can't get any microphone devices to work with my PS4...and the 15-minute time limit is annoying, because I really cannot be bothered to time it.

If/when I get a better connection I'm going to buy an Elgato or something, but for now...eh, it's a nice dream I suppose.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I have a similar problem, with a pretty much nonexistent upload speed. I've resorted to going over to my sister's house every time I need to upload videos.
    I've never tried streaming off the PS4, though the Elgato is quite good from what I've heard. I personally use a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle though, as it connects via thunderbolt and happened to be less expensive when I was looking at capture devices.

In other news, its been so nice seeing so many people out and about town lately, even if most of them are just playing Pokemon Go.

Sir Codin

I should probably record more gameplay videos, come to think of it. Unfortunately for me, I can't Stream because my upload speed is something like 0.7mbps, and for some infuriating reason I can't get any microphone devices to work with my PS4...and the 15-minute time limit is annoying, because I really cannot be bothered to time it.

If/when I get a better connection I'm going to buy an Elgato or something, but for now...eh, it's a nice dream I suppose.
    You can increase it up to 30 minute intervals. And pressing Share button twice begins recording and you can stop it at any time or wait for it to time out. Just set record again once times out.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I could showcase some Brutal Doom (Project Brutality or Doom 2016 weapons mod) or Brutal Wolfenstein considering that these are the 2 games i can easily run on my toaster. Or i could go to a Computer Cafe along with my important stuff and record my ultraviolent adventures there to have even smoother performance while recording.

Come to think of it, that's how I'm going to offer everyone the meat they so desire here and of course the rest of the world.

And someone comments what's the Appeal of these "Brutal" mods? Pretty simple = to crank up the level of violence as well as adding in new weapon and enemy types to make the original game more action packed, thus matching with the increased level of visceral extravagance. Usually its made to make old games have a more modern feel while still keeping the lore and magic of what made the game it was in the first place :3

Doom and Wolfenstein were pretty much perfect candidates and of course their mods certainly do exist. I referenced Brutal Half life in another thread and well.. that's more of a mixed bag unless one were to play said mod into an add-on or custom campaign that emphasizes more enemy encounters than story telling.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back