• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Backlot Mansion/Trophy Garden Theory

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
  • All these prison ideas are so unrealistic, it's obvious that he owns a brothel behind that door and children aren't allow in there.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • All these prison ideas are so unrealistic, it's obvious that he owns a brothel behind that door and children aren't allow in there.

Nice theory, but here's REALLY what's behind there: You see, Mr. Backlot is really rich and all, but those trophy garden pokemon are so rare. Instead of buying them, he buys a bunch of midgets and makes them live in that room until it's time to stock the gardens. That's when he has his maids and that one guy dress them up in pokemon costumes and run around the garden until caught by trainers like you........ O_o

Last edited:

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
  • If you ask me, it's a giants black pit that's bigger than the room that it's in. Once you walk in you will succumb to the perpetual darkness, and if any of hi Trophy Garden Pokemon misbehave, he throws them into the dark pit to die! -laughs maniacally-

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    I think your theory is pretty much correct, but if he did have a prison in that room, then he would have to have a lot of Pokemon in it. Also, if he mentions say a Dratini, then there would have to be a Dratini in the prison. So basically, he'd have to have one of every Pokemon, well actually more, in his room in case Backlot said a rare Pokemon. Do you get what I'm saying?
    First of all Dratini's aren't in the trophy garden they are in mount coronet. Second of all in the secret room I would guess that's just where all his money is harmless and if it is a place selling rare candies :D if it has locked up porygons mime jr's azurills and whatever why would they give him a smooch on the cheek they would hate his guts and porgons don't even have mouths

Nice theory, but here's REALLY what's behind there: You see, Mr. Backlot is really rich and all, but those trophy garden pokemon are so rare. Instead of buying them, he buys a bunch of midgets and makes them live in that room until it's time to stock the gardens. That's when he has his maids and that one guy dress them up in pokemon costumes and run around around the garden until caught by trainers like you........ O_o
    Nice try but midgets cant dress in azurill suits it's just impossible and you can't catch people with pokeballs (proof if you try to catch an opponents pokemon without hacks or cheats)

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I agree with the theory about the rare candy shop; the Five Maid Knockout Challenge (pretty unfair; they screw over my chances of winning by using Protect or Detect) always has a Clefairy with a Rare Candy in its possession.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Nice try but midgets cant dress in azurill suits it's just impossible and you can't catch people with pokeballs (proof if you try to catch an opponents pokemon without hacks or cheats)

Yeah well for one you forgot PYGMY midgets, who CAN fit into azurill suits! And you forgot that Mr. Backlot invested in the research and development of a special powder that when put all over a person, it allows them to be caught in a pokeball.......... :O

Also you said how you can't catch people with pokeballs, and I could have said a cruel joke about how midgets aren't people, but that wouldn't be very nice.......... so i'm glad I didn't say that......

I agree with the theory about the rare candy shop; the Five Maid Knockout Challenge (pretty unfair; they screw over my chances of winning by using Protect or Detect) always has a Clefairy with a Rare Candy in its possession.
    Cool I didn't know that! But anyways you should try bringing a pokemon with the move brick break, or whatever that one is that negates moves like protect. Also I think that move is fighting type, so it would be super effective against clefairy's normal type.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Cool I didn't know that! But anyways you should try bringing a pokemon with the move brick break, or whatever that one is that negates moves like protect. Also I think that move is fighting type, so it would be super effective against clefairy's normal type.

However it's all useless when they use Endure.

Years
  • In all seriousness it could be that he has a teleportation device and can travel to places with dratini, etc.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2010
    This has been bothering me for a long time. I've been wondering what's behind the secret door. Look, I know that if you use the walk through anything cheat that there is nothing behind the door. I'm talking about if you were the character. If you were playing as the character, what do you think would be behind the door? Would you be interested in finding out? Does it have any relevance to anything else?

My theory is:

The secret room guarded by a maid is secretly a pokemon prison where they are locked in cages. Many pokemon are kept their, so when Mr.Backlot's butler leaves the room, he goes into that pokemon cellar, and takes a bunch of the pokemon which Backlot said kissed him and put them in the Trophy Garden. Proof?

This is where it gets a bit weird.

Suspicious...

He then leaves the room, and after Mr.Backlot pleads for you to believe him, you go out into the trophy garden. What do you find there? Whatever pokemon he said kissed him.

This really doesn't have much relevance to the rest of the game, but it's just interesting to talk and theorize. I would definitely be interested, because by nature, I am a daredevil.

What do you think?
    That would have to be a pretty big prision. Also, how could the maid head over to the prison, grab the Pokemon and then beat you to the garden. She'll have to have super speed for that. XD;

Anyway, I just think that this was Pokemon's creators attempt at comedy. I think his maid was trying to prove a point that a Pokemon wouldn't kiss him at all. Whoever made that joke really didn't get the point accross well.

Back